Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411418 Posts in 69362 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 06:29:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesBootleg Demakes Competition
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Bootleg Demakes Competition  (Read 287182 times)
PHeMoX
Level 2

"All bugs are belong to us."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2008, 04:31:52 PM »

Some great ideas... really looking forward to this! I probably can't join in on the fun though. I was thinking about a Deity of Battle demake, but I probably won't have any (or much) time.

"Fun is rule."
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2008, 06:10:11 PM »

Hey dudes, I'm working on something, and I have my fingers crossed on having it done by the competition deadline. It's based on American McGee's Alice, but I'll start a thread when I have some decent screenshots ready. I'm quite excited about it; it's my first "talkie."

Also, hi, I'm "The Ivy" and I make AGS games. o/
ccronin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2008, 10:11:55 PM »

well, i started on a TC for the doom engine but soon realised that i don't have the time to finish it... i didn't get very far :-D
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2008, 10:26:48 PM »

Hey dudes, I'm working on something, and I have my fingers crossed on having it done by the competition deadline. It's based on American McGee's Alice, but I'll start a thread when I have some decent screenshots ready. I'm quite excited about it; it's my first "talkie."

Also, hi, I'm "The Ivy" and I make AGS games. o/
Welcome! I've got a soft spot for point-and-clicks, so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your game, and it's surprising how few "talkies" you see online. Oh, and feel free to formally introduce yourself.

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2008, 03:33:02 PM »

Just in case you missed it, the deadline has been officially extended for another week!  The new deadline is Sept. 7th.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »

Fantastic! I may actually be able to enter this one after all!

Just out of curiosity, is anybody else approaching the contest like this?

- I think Arne's idea fits well enough with the theme and would be considered OKAY:

It would be interesting to tackle a franchise or movie setting rather than a game. Like, you're pretending to do an unauthorized E.T. game for the Atari 2600, before the official game comes out. Would make an interesting competition I think. 'Unauthorized movie game done in the mid 80's'. Then you'll have to be creative and show that movie games can be great and represent the soul of the movie, even with 'primitive' graphics. It doesn't take long before total immersion kicks in, regardless of gfx, if the game is well made. I could imagine that it's possible to do an Alien game which is very scary. There was one for the C64 but I never played it.

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »

Just in case you missed it, the deadline has been officially extended for another week!  The new deadline is Sept. 7th.

This is just great! since i had a lot of exams this last week, i didnt have much to draw!, its solved then, its design weekend for me!
increpare
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2008, 03:21:12 AM »

Fantastic! I may actually be able to enter this one after all!

Just out of curiosity, is anybody else approaching the contest like this?
Well my zeppelin minigame was about 80% a demake of a film.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2008, 07:07:06 AM »

Where was that announced? This is the only place I've read about this so far, and I think many people don't even know about it yet! You should make it a frontpage post.
wani
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:06 AM »

Beer!
Derek, you made my day, sir. My week. My month. My very awesome month. Cheers!
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »

The extra time means I might be able to make a quick game for the compo, in less than a week, just like last time. I'm thinking about making a demake of PlasmaPong, with retarded (but working) plasma physics.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2008, 10:01:23 AM »

Where was that announced? This is the only place I've read about this so far, and I think many people don't even know about it yet! You should make it a frontpage post.
I think there's a problem with the frontpage.
At my work computer (IE) the last news it displays is about uzebox.
On my home computer (firefox) it also display more recent news and the new panda sick thread (this is where Big-D made the announcement).
Maybe it's a problem with the proxy at my work though?
Or it's a problem with IE ?

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »

If I could make a demake, it would be Fortress Fratboys.
And it would be awesome.
Alas, I don't have the technical or artistic skills to do this, so it's up for grabs if anyone wants to make a quickie.

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2008, 02:49:13 PM »

fantastic and entertaining thread.
the ideas and shown pics are very interesting.
well done creativity sirs  Gentleman

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
mrfredman
Level 4

off on an adventure

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2008, 04:17:49 PM »

I have a question: how many votes do we get when judging time comes?
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2008, 06:58:20 PM »

Are there going to be special prizes like last time?

You know, like Most Accurate Demake, Most Interesting Demake, etc.

I'd dig.
TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: September 06, 2008, 04:14:45 PM »

An extension? Hooray! I'll make some more levels, but the game itself will still be in beta. Smiley
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: September 07, 2008, 05:18:36 AM »

So, as we enter the last day of the compo, how many people have already finished?

I'm just about to.  Seriously.

Roll Eyes

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
gum
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 07, 2008, 06:03:43 AM »

So the deadline is around midnight. But what time zone? I don't want my labor of love to be disqualified just because some stupid technicality now...
increpare
« Reply #159 on: September 07, 2008, 06:50:33 AM »

So the deadline is around midnight. But what time zone? I don't want my labor of love to be disqualified just because some stupid technicality now...
The deadline usually pretty fuzzy.  I can speak for Derek, but I'd imagine that any midnight would do.  (Maybe even a little bit after).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic