Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:58:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesBootleg Demakes Competition
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: Bootleg Demakes Competition  (Read 287249 times)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 10:03:12 AM »

Anyone else getting "this photo is currently unavailable" in Derek's post?

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »

Yes.

Impossible
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 10:16:36 AM »

Someone needs to demake Megaman 9 as a SNES game and actually "improve" the graphics.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 10:31:17 AM »

OW MAN
IT'S ON

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Robotacon
Pixelhead
Level 3

Story mode

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 10:59:28 AM »

Somebody call for an exterminator?

I'm in!
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 11:15:38 AM »

i think there should be a rule limiting the starting of topics before you have anything to show for it. that may just be me, though.
Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 11:32:25 AM »

This competition is pure awesomeness.

I cannot participate  Tired But i'm waiting for the games it will produce  Kiss

Baltirow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 11:45:26 AM »

Quick! Someone make a Pong demake   Roll Eyes

Don't know yet, haven't had a sampling of current consoles which are clearly the main inspirator... Maybe I'll do "Anthracite & Pearl"  Tongue

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »

By the way, does it NEED to be based on hardware standards of the time? Or can it just be like "boiled down" mechanics and simple, rather than hardware limited graphics?

That sounds okay to me.
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 12:11:27 PM »

Derek, fix the picture!

Lets do this shit! I'll be doing nothing today but deciding on the game I'll demake, then make a thread.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 12:14:01 PM »

Maybe the picture is a demake of something? Undecided

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 12:18:58 PM »

Okay, I has no idea why the picture isn't showing up.  Fixxed. Undecided
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »

I was planning on demaking Limbo of the Lost in an 8-bit style, complete with ripped NES-era backgrounds, but I'm pretty sure that's not kosher in this compo even if it's a major part of the original game.  Cool

Yes, I'm serious. Already got an inventory/dialogue system setup in Multimedia Fusion and a general plot outline in a design doc. Hmm... guess I need to either draw crappy bootleg approximations of the backgrounds I want or team up with someone who actually can draw.  Tired

Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »

I was planning on demaking Limbo of the Lost in an 8-bit style, complete with ripped NES-era backgrounds, but I'm pretty sure that's not kosher in this compo even if it's a major part of the original game.  Cool

Yes, I'm serious. Already got an inventory/dialogue system setup in Multimedia Fusion and a general plot outline in a design doc. Hmm... guess I need to either draw crappy bootleg approximations of the backgrounds I want or team up with someone who actually can draw.  Tired

Suggestion: if you ask other competitors, perhaps they'll let you "rip off" artwork from their submissions?   Smiley

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 01:02:12 PM »

I think Zachary Hinchliffe has a point about saying you're in without proof.  However, I'm going to do just that :p

I do have a small prototype but that again is just words.  Why would I wanna spoil the mystery/give everyone the edge once they see what my concept is?

I thought about joining in the Procedural contest but didn't bite.  This time I'll bite.  Or, at least make something that bites!

..wait a sec, that didn't sound right..

P.S. Zachary Hinchliffe:  No worries mate.  I understand your point.  Just as you expect out of the other contestants I'll be looking forward to anything of substance you bring to the competition. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 01:18:24 PM by Moon Goon » Logged

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
Hinchy
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 01:05:17 PM »

it's not that I need PROOF, it's just cluttering up the forum with unneeded, useless topics. that's the point i was trying to make.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2008, 02:30:18 PM »

it's not that I need PROOF, it's just cluttering up the forum with unneeded, useless topics.
Isn't that what a TIGS compo is all about ?  Gentleman

FARTRON
Level 4

the last man in space

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »

These compos are more about inclusiveness than about competitiveness, and encouraging people to finish games. In that regard I think early posting is acceptable as a method of getting quick feedback; nothing encourages someone new to development to keep at it better than a bunch of goons cheering them on.

On another note, I'd really like to see some obscure demakes. Jagged Alliance 2 on the Spectrum. Grim Fandango on Hypercard. A BBS version of DEFCON.

Everything that was once directly lived has receded into a representation. - debord
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2008, 03:07:05 PM »

HEY GUYS PLAY MY OIRGIANL GAME

50% ßiologic Longevity

it has monster aand soldiers  Cool 8)and scienece  Roll Eyes ::)and guns and explisions and more superr porfesionapl voice and viedo and teh graphic  Kiss Kiss

it is on the ßeta staet so ineed sum tester lolol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Evil Evil Tongue Tongue Lips Sealed Embarrassed Kiss

SophieH
Level 0

(\^3^)/ Q(>.<Q)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »

HEY GUYS PLAY MY OIRGIANL GAME

50% ßiologic Longevity

it has monster aand soldiers  Cool 8)and scienece  Roll Eyes ::)and guns and explisions and more superr porfesionapl voice and viedo and teh graphic  Kiss Kiss

it is on the ßeta staet so ineed sum tester lolol  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Evil Evil Tongue Tongue Lips Sealed Embarrassed Kiss

Shocked my eyes just peed themselves!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic