Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:12:57 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesLarge-Scale Vehicular Stealing[FINISHED] **Proper Installer**
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Large-Scale Vehicular Stealing[FINISHED] **Proper Installer**  (Read 59033 times)
Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2008, 05:48:35 PM »

Blimey, I also totaly forgot that we bundled the level editor in with the game. (Aren't we nice!)

It would be really cool to see some player-created custom maps for Justice City! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 06:07:38 PM by Nickenstien » Logged

Get Large-Scale Vehicular Stealing HERE, Watch the trailer

Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2008, 05:53:07 PM »

Did anybody else have any problems with the new installer, or is it mostly fine now?

SteveUK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2008, 06:04:26 AM »

Since you used XNA, is there any chance of an Xbox 360 build?
seregrail7
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2008, 09:07:26 AM »

Probably not, we haven't coded in joypad support, and I don't have the spare time to do that now.
Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »

I haven't joined the XNA-Creators-Club and all of that nonsense, so I can't do it either.

SteveUK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2008, 09:29:56 AM »

I haven't joined the XNA-Creators-Club and all of that nonsense, so I can't do it either.

You can get a trial (free) 12 month subscription which allows you to export games to the 360. Though I'm not that sure if you can distribute the executables. Though you could if you were willing to release the sourcecode at any point.
Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2008, 09:40:27 AM »

I have been meaning to do the XNA-Creators-Club thing, but I just have never gotten around to it.

With regard to the source-code:

We have both discussed releasing the source code, however we have decided against it, as neither of us has any spare time at all to field any questions regarding it. (And because this was a compo with a deadline, things got a little messy, and would require serious explanation.)

SteveUK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2008, 12:52:59 PM »

I have been meaning to do the XNA-Creators-Club thing, but I just have never gotten around to it.

With regard to the source-code:

We have both discussed releasing the source code, however we have decided against it, as neither of us has any spare time at all to field any questions regarding it. (And because this was a compo with a deadline, things got a little messy, and would require serious explanation.)

You would have to answer questions based on the src? Anyway is there any chance you could fix it for dual monitor setups? It opens on my secondary monitor and then it keeps minimising itself.
Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »

Dual monitor support. Hmmmmmm...

I have no idea if we even have any control over what XNA does when two monitors are plugged in. The nature of XNA is that it is a 'black box' with all of the internal workings and adjustable features of DirectX hidden well-away/restricted from the programmer. If XNA has added an interface for changing/detecting dual monitor settings, then yes it will be fixable, if they have not then my hands are tied.

I will look into it tomorrow and see if there is anything I can do for you. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 03:56:16 PM by Nickenstien » Logged

lemmy101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2008, 06:43:07 PM »

I have no idea if we even have any control over what XNA does when two monitors are plugged in. The nature of XNA is that it is a 'black box' with all of the internal workings and adjustable features of DirectX hidden well-away/restricted from the programmer.

You can use the PreparingDeviceSettings event to set up what monitor XNA targets. Smiley

AFAIK you can access most if not all aspects of DirectX, it's just you need to do less of it to actually get stuff on-screen. They're just probably done in more C#like places, like in event handlers and such.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:50:11 PM by lemmy101 » Logged

Nickenstien
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2008, 02:46:05 AM »

You can use the PreparingDeviceSettings event to set up what monitor XNA targets. Smiley

Ahh, nice one Lemmy101!

At least I know where to start digging now. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic