Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 02:25:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: RamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo  (Read 74790 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2012, 10:10:19 PM »

Here is the update:

Tell me what you think, there was a few errors in the recording but most of it is okay.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2012, 11:06:44 PM »

That's looking awesome, loving it Kiss and can't wait to get my hands on it. Looking like so much fun. The flag intros are great and they work really well in setting up the levels and enemies.

What video recorder are you using to record your gameplay?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2012, 01:57:47 AM »

That's looking awesome, loving it Kiss and can't wait to get my hands on it. Looking like so much fun. The flag intros are great and they work really well in setting up the levels and enemies.

What video recorder are you using to record your gameplay?

Camtasia, though I was livestreaming at the same time, so that might have had something to do with it, that being said this isn't exactly special footage or anything, pretty much screen capped it in one playthrough, well, two I forgot the intro levels.

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2012, 02:40:24 AM »

You guys are doing such an awesome job  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Such a strong theme and such great characterization.
I will be sure to pop into your stream more often!(because it's awesome)

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2012, 05:51:27 AM »

Camtasia, though I was livestreaming at the same time, so that might have had something to do with it, that being said this isn't exactly special footage or anything, pretty much screen capped it in one playthrough, well, two I forgot the intro levels.

Cool thanks been trying to make a video of my flash game with Camtasia but not getting very good results. Oh well, will keep trying.

Will try and tune in tomorrow to the livestream to see how all the work is going Smiley

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2012, 07:31:39 PM »

You guys are doing such an awesome job  Hand Thumbs Up Right

Such a strong theme and such great characterization.
I will be sure to pop into your stream more often!(because it's awesome)

Thanks bro, hopefully you enjoy whats coming next, I figure going with this America fuck yea theme is going to turn away a few people, hopefully not too many. 

Cool thanks been trying to make a video of my flash game with Camtasia but not getting very good results. Oh well, will keep trying.

Will try and tune in tomorrow to the livestream to see how all the work is going Smiley

Sweet talk tomorrow, its odd all the previous recordings were fine-ish with Camtasia, I guess maybe the livestream was cutting into it.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2012, 04:33:57 PM »

Some new screenies of level 2 & 3.

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »

Hell yeah for massive ninja stars Ninja

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2012, 04:35:39 AM »

Hell yeah for massive ninja stars Ninja

Thrown by Chinese ninjas, of course.  My brain hurts.

Squid Party
Level 5

Oh hi mark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »

This game looks awesome, really really bald eagle ridingly cool! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Coffee

[img]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r527/Daniel_Sharman/areyouonyourperiod.gif[img/]
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2012, 02:12:02 PM »

I'm going to be chanting "America, FUCK YEAH" nondescriptly under my breathe while playing this game.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »

I dunno what it is but reading this thread makes me want a Bud Light.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2012, 11:21:58 PM »

This game looks awesome, really really bald eagle ridingly cool! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Beer! Coffee Coffee

Im going to quote that, awesome. So Stalin's boss fight is done, and I'm probably a few weeks away from having something publicly playable for all those who backed the project (for now...)  Everyone else I will drop a build a bit later in the form of a few level demo, but for now its backers first.  Probably will have the first ww2 level, the China level, USSR and Iraq and Africa in it.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: May 10, 2012, 06:50:08 AM »

Update time!
So a few more bosses have been done (Stalin/fixed Hitler/Sadam) though I will be packing up development on this for a few weeks (1-2 at this stage) to get Under the Ocean out of the way, I will be continuing development of this after - If you are feeling generous please do check the indieGoGo page ( http://www.indiegogo.com/RamBros-Indie-Game) there is a bit less than 2 days left, and every little bit helps!  

Aside from that talk in a few weeks and hopefully will be sending everyone who backed the project a  2-3 level demo pretty soon to throw some feedback at me!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: May 10, 2012, 07:09:03 AM »

That looks great, all he needs is to be chomping on a massive cigar and he's ready to party. Looking forward to the demo Smiley

Marc Wilhelm
Level 0

I make a variety of games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2012, 08:09:59 AM »

I don't know why you're not getting more indie love. Your game looks so fun and hilarious. I do wish the bosses were more ludicrous, like with giant heads and robot arms and stuff, but that's just MHO.

I tweeted, FB'd and G+'d you today, hope you get some last 48hr funding.

-M

PS I love the looks of "Under The Ocean" too!

“Failure isn’t a necessary evil. In fact, it isn’t evil at all. It is a necessary consequence of doing something new.”
― Ed Catmull, Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of True Inspiration
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2012, 05:33:14 PM »

I don't know why you're not getting more indie love. Your game looks so fun and hilarious. I do wish the bosses were more ludicrous, like with giant heads and robot arms and stuff, but that's just MHO.

I tweeted, FB'd and G+'d you today, hope you get some last 48hr funding.

-M

PS I love the looks of "Under The Ocean" too!

Actually I am still playing with the idea of going metal slug with giant bosses and stuff VS megaman with pretty normal sized bosses - The only reason I am leaning towards megaman styled boss fights so far is I have pretty much lifted the whole "get the bosses weapon" from each leader so It kind of works.  That being said I think I will have a larger boss towards the end but it probably wont be the norm.

That Hitler boss battle in the latest video is kind of a bad example - it was the first sort of prototype boss fight and isn't that impressive - probably a better one would be the Kim Jong battle - or the Stalin battle.  Either way Its early days for the boss fights, I will be revising them before the demo goes out.

Also I am considering beefing up the co-op play with a bit of a Mario 2 styled pickup system - so one of the players can forgo there weapon to pick up high powered explosives/door breaches/etc and carry it while the other player covers them.  I think it may add a bit more interest and break up the whole run and gun with a bit of co-op strategy, as it stands the only other co-op element ingame is the dragging your wounded friend around once they are "killed".  Also maybe take a note from L4D with the whole -one player works the "progress bar item" while the other defends type thing coupled with some defensive type items could be cool also.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 06:50:08 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2012, 12:29:11 AM »

Just a quick one guys, the IndieGOGO for RamBros has ended unsuccessfully at $1,150, but I will be (as mentioned earlier) still working on it - so development will get a bit slower for a tiny bit,  to confirm I won't be porting it either (I know I mentioned something about Mac/Linux if there was enough support).  

If I miss you as far as adding your name ingame/NPC designing/Custom builds shoot me a email at [email protected] and Ill make sure your on the list.

Pretty grim post so I will finish it with some brighter news - I still plan on releasing the first builds soonish to the people who backed, but this kind of puts a spanner in the works, hopefully I can get the project finished within a reasonable time frame still!

Oh and to the few who backed the project - you guys fucking rock.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:54:23 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2012, 04:31:24 AM »

Was happy to back the project cause it looks awesome and disappointed it didn't make its target. No rush on the game though, know you have under the ocean to work on so whenever you get time to work on it is good with me.

Good luck Beer!

Cellusious Games
Level 0

Meows. Pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2012, 05:17:13 AM »

https://twitter.com/Cellusious - Pixel Artist - Concept Artist - 3D modeler - Wannabe Coder - Wannabe Musician.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic