Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:02:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: RamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo  (Read 74786 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »

2 player footage:

It also has a pile of new weapons...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:31:18 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

SpaceFish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 09, 2012, 03:29:49 PM »

Fan art of the main character and german boss in a versus screen. ding ding. Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:39:56 PM by SpaceFish » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2012, 07:46:42 PM »

Fuck thats sweet.  So we just broke 20 user maps for challenge mode, so heres a new editor to make it all a bit easier (Still based on Zephni's excellent z16 editor)!  Been spending a lot of time making it easier to knock a challenge level out, also have server updating maps every time the mode is played, so when someone uploads a new map it gets thrown in the mix.

Quinn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: June 15, 2012, 07:14:55 AM »

I'm loving the look of this game so far. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one! Ninja
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: June 15, 2012, 10:22:06 AM »

2 player footage:

Please tell me there's an option to disable the screen shaking .. Crazy
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2012, 01:38:43 PM »

2 player footage:

Please tell me there's an option to disable the screen shaking .. Crazy

I did a bit of camera work after the video to stop the camera leading so much when players jump, there isnt actually that much camera shake ingame anymore but I could easily add something to disable it.  Im adding a pussy computer mode in pretty soon too for people who have ghetto video cards etc also so I might just throw them all on the same screen - I will call this screen options.

I'm loving the look of this game so far. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one! Ninja

Awesome, plenty more progress to come.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:44:27 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: June 19, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »

How do I give you money for this?

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: June 19, 2012, 05:40:55 PM »

How do I give you money for this?

You wont be able to, since you helped me out with bug finding in  My First Skydiving Academy back in the day, you will have to accept this game for free  Cheesy . Email me with your dropbox details [email protected] and I will add you to the alpha list.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: June 19, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »

high-5! Beer!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2012, 06:27:36 AM »

Just added full block modification and enemy modification down to the pixel and behaviors for user levels - was a pile of work but I think the quality of usermaps should definitely increase - Broetchaen knocked out a Mario 1 level for lulz and testing, seemed to work pretty good - I might give a Minecraft level a shot tonight with destroyable - fucking everything - hope notch doesn't mind...

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2012, 07:16:49 PM »

More modification updates, some of the alpha tester guys thought to start playing with the player mods (Oh there's moddable hats in there now too...) as well as some new full mods - Commander Keen mod is one of my favorites so far by Hardscore.

Second one is my lame attempt at a Minecraft level, though I got working creepers in using just the editor now and a fully destruct able level so thats a bit of a win.  So aside from the cleanup, I think that's enough Mod tools for alpha, might come back and do another pass whenever I get around to putting it on Desura.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: June 23, 2012, 02:00:23 AM »

Zombie Map total mod/conversion- did it earlier just to test the modding tools are working, seems to be all good - I think this is the first "reskin everything mod/map" as far as I know, though I think it is probably not the last.  Sort of gave the tools a bit of a slam, got some scripted rats, rabid dogs, zombies, and functional trains (spot the zompocalypse sprites), going to stop modding shit now honest.... Back to the actual game.

... Though I might make a few more levels with this mod haha...

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2012, 01:14:35 AM »

New character editor:

More editor advancements - now supports lua objects and groups/sets of custom objects. Tons of character override options also have been added, with the option to enforce custom characters for specific maps - so basically now every single bit of the game minus the ui and some of the specific projectiles is editable - the end.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 01:22:18 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »

Not sure why nobody's commenting - you're doing an exceptional job with modding. No idea how you're doing it so quickly, but it's impressive. Keep it up!

JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2012, 08:37:15 AM »

The modding looks amazing. Have you got a summary of how it works anywhere? A video or post or something that I've missed?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2012, 05:15:37 PM »

I could do one if that helps?  Basically in the editor down the side (see pic below) there's a ton of(well - all the preset objects from story mode - tanks, guards, terrorists, dogs etc) and it is as simple as clicking and dragging them around with some tiles from a existing tileset or custom one you loaded.  Though, all this stuff is bog standard and isn't really modding so much as just building levels for the original game, the real meat is in the MODbox, MODcha and MODscript objects, which is where you can load in custom frames, setup your own game rules, load lua scripts into objects, it is getting to the point where it is surpassing the core games functionality.  Theres also MODgroups that you can use to pick up custom tiles from levels (anything that is not a preset tile) and store them in groups and share them with other modders, in this pic you should be able to see the zombie group I used to build the outbreak level.

Theres a few other overrides I haven't mentioned, but its mostly stuff like changing the lighting tints, swapping out the games music for your own and specific mods to the objects.

Next step is to get a "upload and zip" button for both the character editor and the level editor, which compiles all your used files into a zip, and opens a webpage upload form - that way it makes it really easy to share it/upload it for the next build.

Angelbait
Level 1

SCARY!

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »

Cant wait for my brother and I to crush this game UP!  Dibs on first player...

Current: Cows With Guns           BLOG/TWEET/FB
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2012, 08:29:41 PM »

The modding tools are great and always get excited to see that my dropbox is updating Rambros files. Impressed out how thorough and easy you've made it to use.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2012, 07:40:22 AM »

Thanks guys - I am really considering releasing a alpha build without story mode up here soonish for people if they want to mod it - thoughts?  I was planning to ask for 5 bucks for the game but I figure getting people modding it may be more important than a few sales...

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 27, 2012, 07:45:59 AM »

I think it's a great idea. You could even include the best mods in the final version.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic