Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:53:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Author Topic: RamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo  (Read 74765 times)
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »

I seriously can't wait to play this with friends :D
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:58 AM »

I want to play this so very badly right now.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2012, 12:11:00 PM »

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmm Broooooooooooos

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

There's never too much Ram.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

Looks like you're putting a crazy amount of effort into modability.  I hope you're keeping the official levels and content up to par as well.

I sure am.  

EDIT: While we are on that topic though, most of the interest in the game has come from people making there own stuff with it, so while that wasn't the focus in the past, for now it is - and it will stay this way so long as people have a interest in modding it.  As for the original levels, the plan hasn't changed.  Going to launch first alpha with 3 of 8 stages, and add a stage or two each update with each major update with any luck.  Plus whatever we make with the editor also.
Modding is great and all, but I'm here single player/co-op. Oh and my airstrike gun. On that subject, can you make it so the airstrike gun is only available to player 1 so that when I'm co-oping I can rub it in my buddy's face?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: July 05, 2012, 06:11:38 PM »

I will be putting the donators weapons in around beta-ish - not for awhile anyway, there is a lot of content to smash before I do one off things for people who backed the project, what I am thinking is a passworded character file for all the people who backed for the specific weapons, that way your buddy wont be able to access it even in co-op.  You just load your character file up and sorted.  But as much as I appreciate the very few people who backed the project (and I will get around to doing those rewards) the most important thing over the next few months is getting the content up to par and polishing up the builds to a playable level - getting a really fun game.

And while single player/co-op is important to a lot of people, the list of user levels already outnumbers my own, and thats just from the guys that backed the game, it will be important for the long-term fun of the game as I cannot create maps as quickly as everyone else who decides to mod it so it will create a somewhat endless supply of content to play in future - while you wait for me to finish the campaign levels  Cheesy

How I am planning on handling user content is via a auto upload html page and then I will sort through it by hand, otherwise it wont be long before rubbish is everywhere - thats the plan atleast.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 06:40:05 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: July 06, 2012, 01:49:56 AM »

No probs matey. Just wanted you to know that not everyone after the modding. But I'll probably check out the user made levels too so I don't mind.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: July 06, 2012, 03:09:12 PM »

No probs matey. Just wanted you to know that not everyone after the modding. But I'll probably check out the user made levels too so I don't mind.

Yea end of the day its win win, and at very least allows me to make levels much quicker with the new tools, speaking of that I decided to add a bit of a secret area today when you fall on spikes in a particular area in Vietnam - you get warped to a prisoner camp and you loose your weapons and get beaten up for a few levels - kinda different I guess, call it the first major secret level, and good use of the new tools.  Trying to make it play fairly differently to the standard game also, modding the players weapon so its a crappy enemy pistol and throwing in a few different enemies with the mod editor, fingers crossed.  Can probably expect a bit of a speed up in the rate that content gets made now.

Oddball did I send you the dropbox invite details to test builds? Pm me if not.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2012, 03:32:46 AM »

Watch some gameplay/user levels/new shit in motion here (sorry about the recording lag, my computer sucks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQD4P68XTg&feature=youtu.be

And heres a image for those who don't like youtube.

So updates, lots of fixes, Online leaderboards just got added along with user levels being sorted on the games frontpage/menu, new intro/credits screen, sound effects and music though it is still very much WIP but shaping up really nice - Hyperduck Chris is smashing it out of the park.

There is also a whole pile of adjustments and fixes, trying to get as much stuff tweaked as possible before letting a wider circle of people in for a play, should be ready to have a first playable public build pretty soon, follow my twitter @Farmergnome for exacts.  I have added a few new stages to story mode seen in the video, also added rewards for POW rescue such as unlockable characters and weapons and HATTTTTSSS HAAAATTTTTSSS SSS S S.  hats.   Lots of hats.  

Thanks to the people who made some of the awesome content for the video also (towards the mid end) can't wait to see more levels.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 03:38:26 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

irishcream
« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2012, 07:50:16 AM »

Just giving you a shout out on your devlog here - this game looks totally awesome; I love the ultrafast feel. I'm totally picking up this game when it comes out.

P.S. please tell me the soundtrack will be glam metal like you have in the vids.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:56:54 AM by irishcream » Logged
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2012, 08:39:17 AM »

If you're referring to the music in the latest video. That's original music (Work in Progress) from the game.

irishcream
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:33 AM »

If you're referring to the music in the latest video. That's original music (Work in Progress) from the game.

I wasn't - but I do like what you've done for music; it fits pretty well - probably better than glam metal =p.
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:48 AM »

Depending on what I can get Dan writing with me will determine how much glam rock will appear in the game haha. I hope for some Europe style Top Gun shit at some point though. However we'll just see how it all pans out!

irishcream
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »

I heard some Europe in one of the videos - glam metal is a bit of guilty pleasure for me =p.

Everything about this game seems awesome - even the name =)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2012, 11:22:03 AM »

Yeah its fckin awesome! I will def be shoving some Europe style stuff into this.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2012, 07:22:47 PM »

Just giving you a shout out on your devlog here - this game looks totally awesome; I love the ultrafast feel. I'm totally picking up this game when it comes out.

P.S. please tell me the soundtrack will be glam metal like you have in the vids.

Thanks for the kind words bro - I will put the first public up on Desura shortly, whenever theres no more gameplay breaking things missing basically.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:35 AM »

Wallpaper / website background im workin on...

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:51 AM »

Wallpaper / website background im workin on...

Crazy

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: July 18, 2012, 04:26:12 AM »

Insane! WTF

Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: July 18, 2012, 05:21:13 AM »

That's what I call talent. Great artwork.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic