Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 09:31:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Print
Author Topic: RamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo  (Read 74780 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2012, 06:58:03 AM »

Cheers guys, I guess I should mention that www.rambros-game.com is where the website is going up at, I will post some wallpapers once the image is finalized.

Chris and I have been throwing back and forward ideas how to sell this also, since we are keen to keep some of the game free, so here is the plan so far (I have been meaning to msg Jwaap also to talk about this stuff!):

Free "Base" game, though this is basically modding tools (character editor, map editor), user levels, challenge levels, no scoreboard support, lower fidelity game audio.  Free mode will pretty much rely on people making levels for it (since there aint going to be much to play otherwise), because I want content to grow its a sort of middle ground to let the community make there own shit and let people play/mod the game for free, anyone who knows me knows money isn't really a priority of mine, but I kinda want to at least try to not make another loss making games again...

5 bucks extra gets you:

Story Mode, scoreboards, Rambros soundtrack, high quality game audio, secret weapons from storymode to use in challenge/user levels, and a host of other little minor perks.

You guys think that's balanced enough or am I giving too much away for free/not enough?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 07:58:32 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Ant
« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2012, 09:44:16 AM »

Mother of god that's some nice art. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Btw personally I would just go with whatever is easiest for you, it kinda sounds like you're making extra work for yourself by splitting up the game like that. The game is easily of high enough quality to just go with the traditional free story mode demo -> purchasable full game +modding and I suspect you'll make more sales that way.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2012, 10:27:25 AM »

Love the grapihics!  Looks like you spent a lot of time on this game!

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:39 PM »

Cheers guys.

Mother of god that's some nice art. Hand Thumbs Up Right

Btw personally I would just go with whatever is easiest for you, it kinda sounds like you're making extra work for yourself by splitting up the game like that. The game is easily of high enough quality to just go with the traditional free story mode demo -> purchasable full game +modding and I suspect you'll make more sales that way.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem todo, I did a test last night, should be okay, my main concern about selling storymode so far is there isn't a whole lot there for first alpha (4 levels now~1hr gameplay) since, a lot of work has been done to the outlying features - planning to update storymode pretty frequently but its still the most content heavy of the parts of the game (every level needs custom backgrounds, enemies, sound effects, music, enemy behaviors).  As for modding, the reason I would want it free is so people mod it in much greater numbers, that's one of the major reasons, as if people actually mod it, its a drawcard that storymode cant do.

Want early access to the game and have a interest in modding it?

http://rambros.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=mods&thread=2&page=1
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:40:16 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: July 22, 2012, 04:43:06 AM »

www.rambros-game.com   > Anyone else want to rock some maps or mods?

Progress has been non existent last few days as I have been away, but today since I have returned has all been about Iraq!  Fairly confident that I can get this to the point of public first alpha in 2-3 weeks, just need to finish up Iraq, do a fighter jet scene and see how it all plays...  Chris has been working on touching up the sound effects and I think hes almost ready to do a pass on the second lot of music, still looking for people who are keen to mod or make challenge maps, anyone?

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: July 22, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »

0.025 is up on the dropbox, will be swapping to the auto-updater in a few updates, check the game forum for details.

Mostly bug fixes in this one, most of the notable stuff has been hidden to give people a bit easier time navigating the game, here is the major stuff:

-Iraq blocked out (rough as fuck)
-Iraq escape/map combat flight mini-game touched up, integrated into new editor.
-editor changes: removed the custom enemy bullet object for now, was causing way too many bugs, will revise it at a later stage (most likely after first playable at this stage).
-Fixed some minor text errors.
-Fixed the bug with the Vietnam prisoner mission where the level wouldn't load the captured text until your dead.
-Fixed the Iraq missle launcher enemy from falling through platforms.

And as promised...

1920x1080 one here, even though it looks sketchy as fuck:

http://rambros.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=alpha&thread=7

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: July 24, 2012, 06:39:26 AM »

Been workin on Iraq Pyramid levels for the last day or two now, you go to iraq to infiltrate the ancient pyramids where Sadam and his terrorists await you, kick his ass and escape in Tomcats as the whole place falls to bits, fuck yea!

I now must add Mummified soldiers as a salute to metal slug.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2012, 06:35:39 PM »

0.026 is about to go up, notable changes:

-Difficulty levels for story mode (Flag waving Frenchman = checkpoints / American badass = No checkpoints)
-Increased performance on basically every map (started culling objects way offscreen)
-New writing overhaul by Lee Williams (Thanks bro!)
-Header text fixed on dialog boxes
-Iraq tileset is pretty much ready
-Fixed the crash bug FINALLY!!!!!!  Godamn that took forever.

Will be up on the dropbox shortly.

SpaceFish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 26, 2012, 10:08:50 AM »

The new update sounds awesome man! Going to test it for sure i just hope i catch the next stream Lips Sealed
Edit: I would allso like to try out UTO ^^ How can i get into the alpha?

- Heyimjonas
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »

The new update sounds awesome man! Going to test it for sure i just hope i catch the next stream Lips Sealed
Edit: I would allso like to try out UTO ^^ How can i get into the alpha?

- Heyimjonas

Just shoot me a email bro, I will green light ya  Grin

[email protected]

EDIT:  While I am here - new checkpoint "flag" for french mode  Cheesy

« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:21:17 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Recs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 26, 2012, 09:47:31 PM »

I'm waiting on UTO (haven't had time to play the first build yet), but this project looks amazing as well.

Do you already have in mind how to distribute it? is it going to be through your own website or do you plan on trying desura/steam/so on?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: July 26, 2012, 11:47:23 PM »

I'm waiting on UTO (haven't had time to play the first build yet), but this project looks amazing as well.

Do you already have in mind how to distribute it? is it going to be through your own website or do you plan on trying desura/steam/so on?

Hopefully drop on Desura Alpha funding in a few weeks with any luck.  Let people get some play on the first alpha, and ship a free version too if possible.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: July 28, 2012, 08:04:15 AM »

Spent alot of today going over the bug list I have compiled, then got bored and decided the game needs more background art, so I went nuts, and did germany, the base camp, and iraq. Tommorow I have to do a Under the Ocean trailer, but the plan is to start getting some overworld secret areas in asap - probably day after at this stage.

You get the idea.

The plan was to release in 2-3 weeks for first playable alpha, but every time I play the game, I just find more shit I want to add, so I dont know - find out in 3 weeks I guess.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:10:20 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

SpaceFish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 31, 2012, 04:14:59 PM »

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 01:41:33 AM by SpaceFish » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: August 01, 2012, 02:34:18 AM »

Oh shit yes.

GeoffW
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2012, 03:25:42 AM »

The plan was to release in 2-3 weeks for first playable alpha, but every time I play the game, I just find more shit I want to add, so I dont know - find out in 3 weeks I guess.

It's incredibly difficult to make accurate estimates, isn't it?  Even when you think you've thought of everything you're going to do...

Oh and this has probably been said a million times before on this thread, but I love the graphics style - very bold use of colour!

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2012, 03:29:07 AM »

It's incredibly difficult to make accurate estimates, isn't it?  Even when you think you've thought of everything you're going to do...

Oh and this has probably been said a million times before on this thread, but I love the graphics style - very bold use of colour!

Most definitely, I think when I am not doing competition games, I try to take as much time as I can, mostly because I redo everything that slightly stinks of shit, this week the boss and backgrounds have been in my cross hairs.  Shit, it may never get done  Cheesy

Under the Ocean development has kinda been slowing Rambros down also of late, mostly because everyone is rabid as fuck for Under the Ocean, and Rambros is well, kinda not so much.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 03:37:12 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2012, 03:24:54 AM »

working on making the boss battles awesome right now, honestly not procrastinating....  Really temp backgrounds right now, haven't cleaned them up of yet, they are pretty much just concepty stage....

SpaceFish
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »

« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:56:06 PM by SpaceFish » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: August 05, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »

My new wallpaper right there.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14