Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411274 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:47:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Print
Author Topic: RamBros [All American Co-Op Shooter] - Demo  (Read 74441 times)
sonicblastoise
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2012, 12:23:49 AM »

The latest vid looks great!

An idea struck me as I was looking at it though: regarding cash pickups, would it too "nice" to include a mechanic where the money drops and such drift toward the player, (as though the player had some sort of magnetic money field about them) to make it easier to pick up and potentially prevent the pace from being broken up too much if people are really concerned about getting cashola?

Just an idea. Either way, great work
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2012, 01:47:27 AM »

Good call on the money, ill try n add something like that shortly.  So everythings been a bit quiet here, ive kinda been waiting till I was sure on the direction but ive been talking with Chris/HyperDuck and we boiled down some changes to make to the game for the better...  So over the next day or two ill be working on gameplay change-ups in each of the levels, to make it a little more lively, the game is still kinda missing its soul at the moment, hopefully adding a few of these defining moments into the game should help that a bit.

So ill be adding a climbing level, tarting up the plane level to use as part of the game opener/intro, and a stealth sort of undercover mission which will add a bit of variety in how the levels are constructed, and finally a river rafting level, that will be the extent of the demo basically.  I know this makes very little sense right now but when yall play the demo it will make perfect sense.... I hope  Cheesy

Hopefully a video tonight or tommorow with any luck, demo in a few days?

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2012, 05:24:32 AM »

My talks with Paul are the best talks. He gets me pumped up with excitement beyond measure.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2012, 06:32:21 AM »

Actually this basically sums it up...

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2012, 07:34:41 AM »

Loving the crazy mayhem in that latest video. Makes the gameplay look non-stop  Shocked

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2012, 12:29:50 PM »

Bumping this, for awesome!

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 07:59:08 PM »

Haha okay, yea its a bit choppy at the moment, at the request of several peoples eyesight have tamed the screen-shake/lighting/particles back a bit so its more manageable to see whats going on, aside from that I will be dolling up the flying scene over the weekend and should have something to show shortly....

Loving the crazy mayhem in that latest video. Makes the gameplay look non-stop  Shocked

There is a lot of slower sections too, I kinda just knocked the trailer above together for some LOLs to be honest.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »

You guys are gonna loose your mind with the new update, dogfighting to the extreme, but not really what has been occupying me last day or so.

Been thinking about this specifically, Im going to hold out on the demo for a bit and get it a little more polished, its kinda a decision to turn this into a bit of a bigger project I guess instead of something I originally intended to finish in a few weeks. So on that note, what started as a joke with throwing the game to Team America World Police music, is kinda the new direction id like to push the story into, as you can see Ive updated the main page to reflect this http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=23799.0

What you guys think?  Think it could work with a really over the top patriotic feel to it?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 05:32:12 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 05:42:42 AM »

Interesting direction you're taking it and really looking forward to seeing how you further push this theme. Are you going to be changing any of the visuals to highlight the new direction?

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 05:53:39 AM »

Looks sickly fun from the vids. You've really got something good going here, even with the deranged Metroidlike escape sequences.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »

Interesting direction you're taking it and really looking forward to seeing how you further push this theme. Are you going to be changing any of the visuals to highlight the new direction?

I don't think ill do it through the visuals too much TBH, maybe a little more over the top patriotism here and there, the usual really, but for the most part in the missions, story are where it will matter.... Time will tell I guess, I'm not going to set anything in stone.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 06:06:59 AM »

So RamSteelwood suggested RamBros, and the great warlord of the USA agrees, so its RamBros from here on in.

RAMBROS!  Now better than the second amendment.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:20:16 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 06:08:17 AM »

Wow. Nice!

The graphics are amazing  Hand Thumbs Up Left

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »

Liking the new name.

Theophilus
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:06 AM »

I gotta admit I'm not big on the new name.  Shrug
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 09:21:57 AM »

I love the new name.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

Yea same, I mean, why go half way to retard when you can go full retard?  The new name represents this.  Plus I really like the name  Cheesy

deathtotheweird
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »

looks like this will fill the gap in my soul where hitler must die used to be.

new name is pretty catchy as well.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »

Awesome I wanted to play that something serious too, so well it may appear like ive disappeared onto Under the Ocean, but Ive actually been slogging away at this in silence for atleast a few days now, im kind of torn which project I should be putting more time on to be honest  Cheesy  Im considering doing a IndieGOGO or something for RamBros, mostly just to see if theres enough interest in this game, otherwise ill drop the progress back a bit to one day a week and focus on Under the Ocean for now, because its clear thats what players want... I think.

I kinda wanted to try something a bit different for the Fundraiser if possible, what you guys think would be some sick rewards for helping out raise some funds (so I can quit my real job = more time ).  Here's an idea I got for the first one:

-Learn from Pokemon games/Coloured themed versions: bonuses for one off people, like some of the higher bidders get a special version with a special intro tailored to them thanking them, with a custom ending or a custom level or something cool?  These would be completely one off and only for one person, I could probably do a few of these.

Would love to hear some more ideas before I put it up, helps me figure out what people may be interested in. Ill put up a new video tomorrow most likely.

Updated air combat scene:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:45:01 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:35 PM »

I'm surprised there hasn't been many custom one-off versions of games.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic