Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:55:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborationsI made a bunch of tilesets and sprites; help me make it happen! [Now "playable"]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: I made a bunch of tilesets and sprites; help me make it happen! [Now "playable"]  (Read 5203 times)
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 05:55:42 PM »

@jamiebell

I absolutely LOVE your music; It's exactly the kind of music I imagine this game should have! Addicted
If you're interested in joining this project, I, for one, would be delighted to have you aboard!
I'm actually quite honoured by the proposition!

As you undoubtably understand, this game is far, faaaar from even thinking about concidering the possibility of being done...
Even so, I'd love to start adding some sound effects and background music, to test the feel of it all along the way Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

Send me a PM with your email, and we can start corresponding at once!

OH SHIT, OH SHIT, OH SHI-
THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING! Crazy

Here's the latest build, everyone:
http://www.2shared.com/file/Rrvx2VD9/BlueGuyAlpha01_02.html

Zack has been a little busy, and so the code isn't very much updated (seeing as I don't know what to do about that voodoo hex), but at least there's some new tiles and sprites to look at, and the collision of some objects are slightly improved.
Also, you can fall now... Into the ground, rather than the actual holes, on some occasions, but still... Shrug
jamiebell
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

:D

Great, man! I'll send you a PM for sure. As far as being far from the possibility of being done, of course! I figure I'll be making music every day anyway, so I may as well be making it for something.

Speaking of which, whipped a little idea up specifically for this today! It's by no means complete, but it's a framework for me to spiff up a little bit. Lemme know if you dig.

http://soundcloud.com/jamie-bell-musicsound/city-streets-in-the-morning
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »

@Jasmine
All the flattery! Makin' me teary-eyed, I tell you Tears of Joy

Sure, I'd love to try and draw some pixels for you; Just now I'm kind of buried in this here project, but I'd be happy to make more stuff if you're willing to use it and don't mind me being a little sluggish (as I'm prioritizing this at the moment, and have heaps of school work coming up Concerned).
What kind of arcade game were you thinking?
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 06:42:28 AM »

That actually sounds like a pretty neat idea! Grin Hand Thumbs Up Right

I'll PM my email, so you might spam me with what tiles and stuff you want Tongue

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 06:52:54 AM »

Made some new tiles, animated ones at that...

Slightly updated build:

http://www.2shared.com/file/DU_rUuCl/BlueGuyAlpha01_03.html

School tomorrow..., mother have mercy Tired
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 08:13:49 AM »

I began working on an inventory (press "I" to open/close).
Pretty much just placeholder stuff as of now, and I'm aware of the stray pixels in the animated header...Will fix soon.
Closing it will bring you back to the starting position again...because I'm a reterrd.

http://www.2shared.com/file/v5nDjipc/BlueGuyAlpha01_04.html
Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »

Dig anywhere (press Z)
Bats in the house
New slimes in the cellar
"Select" in the inventory (now looking slightly better) with Z and X

Zack is busy building an engine from scratch (which he promises to share Grin ), so I suppose there might still be long before we see anything revolutionary on the functionality of this game.
BUT! Jamie is working hard on his bleeps, and I'll upload a version with his amazing tunes and sfx as soon as we can slap it together! Really looking forward to seeing/hearing it in motion! Tears of Joy

http://www.2shared.com/file/3Ty4K714/BlueGuyAlpha01_06.html

In other news, I just had contact with Jasmine, and we're starting a more arcade-oriented little dungeon game! I'm pretty excited about it, but it is currently my second priority, so I won't work less on this here project because of it, I promise Giggle

AND yes, I know this is not my personal blog; Just to clearify that before some of the stricter of you tigsourcers stomp all the joy of life out of me.
I'd gladly have this thread moved to Development, if that is a more fitting place, yet we might still require a coder who is willing to commit fully to this (Zack's contributions have been absolutely fantastic, and a wonder to behold, but he has his own projects, school stuff and a portfolio to further load his work. A true gentleman that I'd love to work more with, but also a pretty busy gentleman)...

EDIT: NOT THE LATEST BUILD. SEE FIRST POST FOR MOST RECENTLY UPDATED BUILD.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:35:18 AM by Theon » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic