Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411482 Posts in 69370 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 11:29:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTIGJAM UK 6 : 17-19 Feb
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: TIGJAM UK 6 : 17-19 Feb  (Read 15902 times)
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 02:32:45 AM »

If anyone's interested, as part of the Alan Turing centenary, there are some talks on Turing happening in Cambridge that weekend: http://www.math.uni-hamburg.de/home/loewe/TiC@Kings/generalinformation.html

That page makes it sound like it's pitched at members of the university, but I'm told that anyone is welcome, but they should send an email so that the organizers have an idea how many people to expect.

that sounds awesome, I'll send an email about that now

Damn! Just heard about this, would I be too late to book it all? :|

I only sorted this all out on Friday, the hostels fully booked on the Saturday for those with a Y chromosome but this place is pretty close to the venue also.
SFBTom
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2012, 12:24:48 PM »

I'm going to be bringing my 3DS, so if anyone wants to streetpass all weekend, bring yours too!

alriddoch
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »

I'm all set to make it, but this will be my first Jam, so I'm looking for some advice from the more seasoned. I'm a pretty experienced programmer in C++ and Python, and I know my way very roughly around other bits of games development toolchain. What sort of gear does it make sense to bring to a jam? Small lightweight laptop? Something beefier? What OS works best for knocking up games?

Al
bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2012, 01:54:06 PM »

I'm all set to make it, but this will be my first Jam, so I'm looking for some advice from the more seasoned. I'm a pretty experienced programmer in C++ and Python, and I know my way very roughly around other bits of games development toolchain. What sort of gear does it make sense to bring to a jam? Small lightweight laptop? Something beefier? What OS works best for knocking up games?

Bring whatever you're comfortable working with! Just be aware there's not much space in CB2, so don't bring a full-tower gaming rig and 32" monitor - you'll want to bring a laptop of some kind!

There's usually a mix of Windows, Mac, the occasional Linux user, on anything from netbooks to big heavy 17" gaming laptops. Flash and Unity are always popular, but there'll be all sorts of tools being used.

Useful things to bring:
- Mouse
- Extension lead/4-way socket
- Pen+paper
- Headphones
- Beer money
- Mobile broadband dongle, if you have one (There's wi-fi there, but it can struggle during a TIGJam)

unseven
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:31 AM »

Been working my things out just to attend it, but I guess I won't be able anyway Sad
Is remote work allowed on it? I could make some pixel art for anyone/team.
increpare
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2012, 12:30:38 AM »

Been working my things out just to attend it, but I guess I won't be able anyway Sad
Is remote work allowed on it? I could make some pixel art for anyone/team.
Anything is allowed, but it may not be that practical (internet connection being spotty, most of the event being carried out without any reference on the internet).
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2012, 12:37:07 AM »

ON THE TRAIN

increpare
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2012, 02:07:35 AM »

Here with terry.  Tired
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2012, 03:00:08 AM »

Just walking from the train station. Accidentally found the hostel, which is handy.

bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2012, 03:18:10 AM »

Leaving Leamington shortly, annoyingly slow and indirect train journey ahead... should be there by about 4-5pm this afternoon, though Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic