Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411524 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:58:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDefender's Quest RELEASED! (Update: Gold edition & STEAM!!!!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Defender's Quest RELEASED! (Update: Gold edition & STEAM!!!!)  (Read 5989 times)
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2012, 01:13:17 PM »

Update: Defender's Quest is now coming to steam!

I'm not sure if it's bad form to necro my original thread or if I should have started a new one. Someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Anyway, we have a bunch of cool new features in our upcoming gold edition, which is due out in a week or so. The blog post has all the details!

Hey all you TIGSource people! Our new game Defender's Quest has just been released!

Video:

Media page with screens,etc: http://www.defendersquest.com/media.html

Playable demo: http://www.defendersquest.com/play_demo.html

We posted about this on the feedback forum like a million years ago and you all had lots of great advice for us. Now it's out and you can play it to your heart's content!

The game is a hybrid tower-defense / RPG, where you build up a party of persistent characters who serve as the "towers" in the battle sequences. Characters can be customized both visually and through skills and equipment so you can specialize your team and strategy.

The game's got a cool story too, interesting characters, and lots of configuration settings since it's on the PC.

We have a browser-based demo, and the full game runs on Mac/Windows/Linux. You can import your save file from the demo into the full version, as well.

It's $6.99, and that gets you the full game and any future updates (which we plan on rolling out over the next few months, such as lots of bonus end-game content).

If anyone feels like buying it, the coupon code TIGS will save you a buck Smiley Otherwise, enjoy the demo!

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:18:01 PM by larsiusprime » Logged

Nostrils!
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:23:18 PM »

Awesome, huge grats to you and your team! Wish you tons of success.

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »

Thanks so much. If we somehow pull this off, I'll post about our deployment strategy and (if my biz partners are cool with it) post some numbers.

So, whether we do great or are a miserable failure, hopefully we'll have some info to share with the community.

Nostrils!
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »

Since everyone doesn't have 6 bucks, here's some free download codes:

First come, first serve!

FREE5KSCN
FREE7TXAB
FREE3AJSW
FREE6EFMT
FREE7JJBF

Redeem at www.defendersquest.com
(My payment provider unfortunately requires you to enter payment info first, but I assure you before the sale is finalized there's a coupon field that will reduce your amount to 0 when you enter the code).

Nostrils!
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 08:19:42 PM »

Just took the first code. I don't really have time to play it right now, but I've put it into the "To-play" section of my desktop. Thanks for the code!

taniawi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 07:31:23 AM »

Angry

Hi I went to the payment website like you said.  You also said we will not get charged and will have a chance to put in the free code.  There was no free code line.  When I put in my credit card info the purchase went through.

I would like a refund please.  Afterall you did day the payment will not go through right away.  Please respond.  My email is [email protected]
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 09:58:31 AM »

Processed your refund, David! So sorry about that. The coupon field is kind of small and easy to miss, and it's really dumb that FastSpring makes you put in your payment info first. Please e-mail me if there's any other problems!

Nostrils!
taniawi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 10:09:51 AM »

Thank you.  Got your email very fast.  Thank you very much.
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »

No problem, and so sorry for the hassle! I'll get on tech support with FastSpring and see if there's a way to move the coupon code field to the front page.

Nostrils!
Noahz0r
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 06:04:01 PM »

Wow, great game! The art style reminds me of some of the newer cartoons. I love the (small, but still great) feature that when you want to "boost" a defender, or level up a skill, the interface shows you what it will add to that defender. Very addicting as well.
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 01:20:46 PM »

I'm pleased to announced Defender's Quest will be coming to Steam!

Furthermore, we're almost done with our big "gold edition" version 1.0 free update, which has a lot of cool new features. For one, we have a brand new art style. The sprites and animations are entirely new, as is everything else.

Click the berserker for a sprite dump:

As well as a bunch of new features, balance tweaks, etc:
- New Game+ mode!
- 7 new sidequests!
- Lots of new cutscenes! (for the sidequests)
- 8 bonus battles!
- 8 magic books for Azra!
- Unique item upgrades, with special powers!
- Re-balanced spells that grow with Azra's level!
- Advanced targeting logic for defenders!
- New enemy types!
- New bosses!
- Mod support!
- Tons of bugfixes!
- Tons of balance tweaks!
- Preview enemy stats before battle!
- Detailed enemy and status effect info in battle!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 01:25:56 PM by larsiusprime » Logged

Nostrils!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic