Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:35:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWhat does your Library look like?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: What does your Library look like?  (Read 17142 times)
Eric
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2007, 06:40:46 PM »

This entire collection of mine is only a few months old, and I've spent about $800 on it already.

TMNT2 = $40 on ebay Sad
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2007, 06:56:41 PM »

No. 15: Arcanum (Computer)
Yes!

My copy stopped working a while ago Sad.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 01:51:28 PM »

Here's mine. Unfortunately you can't see the titles of the books very well, and it's incredibly messy, but...

1. http://pics.livejournal.com/rinku/pic/0000tpkd
2. http://pics.livejournal.com/rinku/pic/0000xwg8
3. http://pics.livejournal.com/rinku/pic/0000y5k1

Very few of them are game or programming related, but I believe that a well-rounded person makes a better game designer (long-term) than someone focused on game programming books exclusively.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:54:40 PM by rinkuhero » Logged

lexaloffle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 01:21:21 AM »

Books to the left, famicon carts to the right. Note the bookcase made out of books.

Conceptual!

███ Joseph White
███ Lexaloffle Games
Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 01:44:30 AM »

Hey! Hey! It's all that Super Famicom stuff we got from the flea market. Yay! Lookin' good there, Super Famicom.

When I go back to New Zealand next time, I am so going to unpack all my retro console stuff, take photos, and resurrect this thread for the benefit of the people here; possibly the only people who might even come close to caring that I have amassed an awesome collection of old console games over the last couple of years.

It is awesome. But the people around me really don't understand or appreciate that, you know?

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
lexaloffle
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 07:52:38 AM »

Yes, it truely is an awesome collection. Somehow this image springs to mind:

C'mon. You know you've thought about it.

███ Joseph White
███ Lexaloffle Games
im9today
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 08:33:22 AM »

a lot of books on shelves
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »

a lot of books on shelves

You bumped a four-year-old thread to say that? Facepalm

Kramlack
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 01:44:54 PM »

If you haven't been keeping up J. Kyle Pittman, im9today is pretty much the new eva.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:17 PM »

If you haven't been keeping up J. Kyle Pittman, im9today is pretty much the new eva.
And Cow. Especially Cow.

On the topic, I have some C++ books and one C book on the top shelf, assorted junk, CD cases, and the box for Team Fortress 2 (PC) on the second, and finally, on the lowest one, some school books and an Intellivision (Well, a Sears Super Video Arcade.).

Oh, and underneath that is a cabinet with GameCube games and Intellivision cartridges in their boxes. Screw the carpal tunnel, I'm whipping out Space Hawk again!
PowRTocH
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »

Well, I *am* known to get mad if you don't like brown shooters.
J. Kyle Pittman
Level 6

PostCount++;

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »

Derp.

Anyway, my library is...mostly DVDs, I guess. I have a whole bookshelf full of DVDs, some rows stacked two cases deep. I think I didn't jump on the Netflix bandwagon soon enough.

I still have many, many shelves worth of jewel cases from the days before iTunes...these days, I buy all my music online, but I haven't yet imported it all into my library...plus it's just hard to part with physical media. Embarrassed

Got a few shelves full of Gamecube, Wii, PS2, DS, and 360 games. A few PC boxes, but nearly all of my PC games are on Steam these days.

I have a decent collection of coding books...mostly C++, graphics, math and physics, and so on. My copies of Texturing and Modeling: A Procedural Approach and The Complete Effect and HLSL Guide have been especially invaluable. Also got a few PHP, MySQL, CSS, and general web design books since that's been a growing interest recently. Most of the information in those is just as easily found on the internets, but there's something nice about having a physical page to bookmark and reference sometimes.

I don't have too much in the way of fiction. A few Stephen King and Chuck Palahniuk books, a couple graphic novels, but that's about it.

im9today
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2011, 05:07:19 PM »

and wow what do you know it turns out it's a thread you actually want to post in! maybe instead of insulting me you should petition to make me a global mod
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic