Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:19:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPandara_RA's Testing Center - I will test your game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Pandara_RA's Testing Center - I will test your game  (Read 41093 times)
Kit
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2012, 09:06:35 PM »

Hey Pandara_RA, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your Lets Test of Telenauts. I beat the game a few days ago to provide them some feedback, and after watching your video, you really hit a lot of feedback points that I missed and/or completely forgot, and it was hilarious to watch you rage out on the Factory Sentinal. Would love to see your impression of the Energy Hive and Final Boss. All in all, I thought it was a really great game, and if they add some of the things that you pointed out, I think it will turn out very polished.

I don't have any games to request testing at the moment, but if ever I do, I'll definitely be dropping you a line. Or maybe just adding you on skype for a chat.

Keep up the good work.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

Maximum Friendship All Day

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2012, 09:47:59 PM »

Hey Pandara_RA, just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your Lets Test of Telenauts. I beat the game a few days ago to provide them some feedback, and after watching your video, you really hit a lot of feedback points that I missed and/or completely forgot, and it was hilarious to watch you rage out on the Factory Sentinal. Would love to see your impression of the Energy Hive and Final Boss. All in all, I thought it was a really great game, and if they add some of the things that you pointed out, I think it will turn out very polished.

I don't have any games to request testing at the moment, but if ever I do, I'll definitely be dropping you a line. Or maybe just adding you on skype for a chat.

Keep up the good work.

I was actually informed that I should avoid going into the energy hive to prevent spoilers etc, but my computer did really crash and make me lose all that progress T_T

Stop making everything in me feel good I can't take it (keep going).

yeah I'd love to test or help work on whatever. =]

Amp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 05:29:37 PM »

Hey, awesome, thank you! Would you happen to have a Skype of Teamspeak or something, if you are going to continue to test some of the additions I'm making?

I have all those in the OP I list my skype username: Pandarara please go ahead and add meee~~~~~ =]

I haven't gotten a reply yet~? Tongue

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 07:48:32 PM »

Hey, awesome, thank you! Would you happen to have a Skype of Teamspeak or something, if you are going to continue to test some of the additions I'm making?

I have all those in the OP I list my skype username: Pandarara please go ahead and add meee~~~~~ =]

I haven't gotten a reply yet~? Tongue

fixed that. =]

epcc
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 12:20:01 PM »

Can you test this too?
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=14403.0

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 04:33:32 PM »

I accept lol, as soon as I'm done editing down this monster video on Tower Climb I'll hop right on it.

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »

jeez, these videos are helpful.

if you have time, I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about my game, Sake Express Pro Wrestling.

here's a video of it:

(if you decide to play it, I'll warn you ahead of time that it's isn't extremely accessible; some people can't get the hang of it, while others can fairly easily. just be sure to play the tutorial, and know that there's a learning curve. it also requires a mouse; touch pads don't work)

Decided on yes I will =] Learning curves arent an issue for me typically I actually love complexity typically

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2012, 08:09:10 AM »

Heh, are you killing red pandas in this game? O.o (At least the "normal" pandas)
(It's just the game have pandas, and some red thing which might be red pandas?)

Master of all trades.
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 02:42:05 PM »

Heh, are you killing red pandas in this game? O.o (At least the "normal" pandas)
(It's just the game have pandas, and some red thing which might be red pandas?)

clearly directed at me /insulted lol jk

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »

finally done with the tower climb video...totally different recording style, took so much work to do, though I feel it's much more concise has more polish, and gets points across very clearly.

Tell me if it's worth it to do them like this...they are a TURBO PAIN though haha =].

video uploading! will edit with a link!

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBcfse9ejao&feature=youtu.be

My internet went out during the upload T_T! fixed now and uploading!

Uploaded a quick let's play style lets test for you moosh
by quick I mean like 40 mins long

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Ub6Gkex7I&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:00:23 AM by Pandara_RA! » Logged

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 05:03:39 PM »

(I posted this in the comments as well) thanks for the video! this was super helpful; something I wish I could have seen back in July.

to answer some questions (all of which SHOULD have been answered clearly within the tutorial or HUD or otherwise, which is entirely my fault for neglecting):

- the masks:
* mask de fuerza (strength): punches do twice as much damage (enemies die in one hit)
* mask de rapidez (speed): player moves faster
* mask de magnetismo (magnet): power-ups gravitate towards player faster
* mask de selva (jungle): run faster, and punches light enemies on fire and push them (and being on fire looks funny)

- the player doesn't have health; you die when you get hit
- the panda and power ranger guys have 2 health, cats have 1. each punch does 1 damage as long as it's hard enough (meaning swinging harder to do more damage is unnecessary, you want to swing hard *enough*)
- blinking means that you're invulnerable (to give the player a chance to reorient after dashing)
- dashing into enemies does hurt them, as does lighting them on fire
- the player's hitbox is his torso, and the enemies' hitboxes start at the pelvis and end at the head (I guess I was intending to add the impression of depth?)

I'm glad that you didn't find it difficult. I guess it could just be the videos I've seen so far, but it seemed like a lot of people just couldn't figure out the punching mechanic at all (I find it really easy myself). I think if I remade this game the very first thing that I'd do would be remove the stupid punching mechanic.

a lot of amateur mistakes in this game; it was my first foray into making a 'for real' game, and I think I was still in the mode of "fuck yes, I got this program to work! I'm awesome! on to the next thing" instead of "this is a prototype that I still need to playtest and iterate"

I'll definitely be applying all of your advice to my future games. specifically the cowboy shmup I'm currently working on (San Antonio Death Brigade)

thanks again!

Hey improvement is the point of the videos, no shame in learning and getting to be the best thing ever. Really cool to hear how you learned from me rambling to myself stream of conscience! <3

beto
Level 0

Game Designer @ Aduge Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2012, 11:01:20 AM »

Hey dude! =)

I finally made a new build for A Night In-Between! =)
And I also made the separate build to test only the mini-game puzzles (that are also available on the full version).

The same old thread with the full version http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24128.0
The puzzle thread http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=25208.0

Check it out when you have the time =)

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »

Hey dude! =)

I finally made a new build for A Night In-Between! =)
And I also made the separate build to test only the mini-game puzzles (that are also available on the full version).

The same old thread with the full version http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=24128.0
The puzzle thread http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=25208.0

Check it out when you have the time =)

Trying this out now, just finished a write up on teleglitch =]

beto
Level 0

Game Designer @ Aduge Studio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »

Trying this out now, just finished a write up on teleglitch =]

Yay! Thanks! =]

Aduge's first fully fledged game, A Night In-Between, has been released and needs your vote on Greenlight to get on Steam.
Amp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »

The new build of Lunacy Star 2 is far from finished, but I did add that practice mode! :D

Now you can, like, test every bit of the game, hahaha
For difficulty or something

I have finished Stage 4-1, and am working on 4-2 right now, so if you're willing to give it a go again, wellll  Beer!

TheApo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »

Hi Pandara_RA,

very nice and interesting tests and videos!

If you have time, I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about my game, ApoSheeptastic.
Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2012, 02:10:03 AM »

Hi Pandara_RA,

very nice and interesting tests and videos!

If you have time, I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about my game, ApoSheeptastic.

On it/posted in your thread. =]

The new build of Lunacy Star 2 is far from finished, but I did add that practice mode! :D

Now you can, like, test every bit of the game, hahaha
For difficulty or something

I have finished Stage 4-1, and am working on 4-2 right now, so if you're willing to give it a go again, wellll  Beer!

Same thread? alright I'll be off doing this as soon as I finish the write up for beto about his puzzles.

TheApo
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2012, 04:12:37 AM »

Big thanks for your great feedback!!!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
I will try to add most of your ideas to get a nicer, polished game!
Amp
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2012, 04:54:46 AM »

Hahaha, hold on, I haven't made it public yet :V
I'd PM you this build, seeing as it's still missing Stage 5...

Pandara_RA!
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 09:56:26 PM »

Big thanks for your great feedback!!!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
I will try to add most of your ideas to get a nicer, polished game!

Oh no problem, be sure to send me later versions to further test

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic