Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:47:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesLady Boy Love Collection [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Lady Boy Love Collection [FINISHED]  (Read 95553 times)
Zaphos
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »

This game is terrible and I like it that way  Kiss

I can't kill bag lady though.  And something automatically kills me on the idol lady stage.
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2008, 10:24:12 PM »

To be more specific, Lady Million beams in, the music starts, I hear the beaming noise. When the animation stops and the sprite resolves to solid outlines, the game crashes. Sometimes it happens before the beaming noise fully ends, but always before I can gain control.

x2, Only tried it twice tho.

György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2008, 11:42:01 PM »

Mac version has sound irregularities (random double speed playback & co).

Sick Panda's music is awesome, really loving it, and the game itself is a casual gaming gemstone. Easy to pick up, self-explanatory gameplay, easy conglaturations.

Biocollect: strange error, when every sprites flies away (like beamed up, only everywhere) then new sprites will keep popping out of the ground and fly away et cetera foreva.

Lady Milliion: is the bomb, the baby bomb. the turret on lady idol's level keeps killing me tho. Angry The bosses and the collectibles are awesome.

Zeppelin: umm. I've done a one minute session without seizures, then that's how much I played it.

increpare
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2008, 01:19:13 AM »

Mac version has sound irregularities (random double speed playback & co).
Oh gosh.  I've been programming it on a mac, and haven't noticed any of the things that you describe.  I'll have to pass the game round and see if other people experience them.  These occur with sounds, or with the music, or with everything?  And: on a track by track basis, or really just at random?

Biocollect: strange error, when every sprites flies away (like beamed up, only everywhere) then new sprites will keep popping out of the ground and fly away et cetera foreva.
Let me quote to you something said by the creator of the game of which biocollect is a demake:

Behold the buggy incompletess that is Biocosm!

Lady Milliion: is the bomb, the baby bomb. the turret on lady idol's level keeps killing me tho. Angry The bosses and the collectibles are awesome.
It's not a turret, it's a collapsing platform...if you shoot at it it falls apart and kills you  Evil  (it's a sort of platform you can jump through)

Something automatically kills me on the idol lady stage.
ditto. 

Also, gold medal to anyone who recognises what arthouse film Zeppelin is a demake of.
György Straub
Level 4

Friendly Giant Nano

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2008, 01:28:34 AM »

It's not a turret, it's a collapsing platform...if you shoot at it it falls apart and kills you  Evil  (it's a sort of platform you can jump through)
ah, man...:D that would've kept me busy. Tired

as for the randomness, I think I was wrong. Some of the title tracks were just too fast compared to the first time I heard them ...playing without sound. :ogre:

anyway, let me say again, that Sick Panda's music is so fucking awesome, I'm considering making a remix/cover. can I? may I?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 01:42:32 AM by !CE-9 » Logged

Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »

Crashes for me repeatably after beam-in as well. This is on XP SP2.

It looks like it *might* be a call through (rather than a read from) a NULL pointer (EIP jumps from 0x004A7AE7 to 0x100) but it's hard to tell. If you can compile and post a debug build with symbols I can probably be more helpful.

The little meowing noise when you select things is great.
increpare
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2008, 03:15:23 AM »

It looks like it *might* be a call through (rather than a read from) a NULL pointer (EIP jumps from 0x004A7AE7 to 0x100) but it's hard to tell. If you can compile and post a debug build with symbols I can probably be more helpful.
I think I'll do that... (but it won't be until the weekend)

as for the randomness, I think I was wrong. Some of the title tracks were just too fast compared to the first time I heard them ...playing without sound. :ogre:
eh?

anyway, let me say again, that Sick Panda's music is so fucking awesome,
Thanks.  (I'm personally quite happy with the soundtrack to the game).

I'm considering making a remix/cover. can I? may I?
Knock yourself out Smiley
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 03:19:38 AM by increpare » Logged
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 27, 2008, 04:41:43 AM »

This game collection has a sort of gritty retroness that probably no other entry will be able to match. Lo-fi monophonic soundtrack, pure black and white (well except in Zeppelin I guess?), huge pixel font. I'm in love with the style.

For the games, Lady Million seems pretty hard, and with the others I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to be doing. But at least Lady Million I'll have to try a couple of times more.

Also, gold medal to anyone who recognises what arthouse film Zeppelin is a demake of.

I though it was an Airship 2600 demake?
increpare
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2008, 04:55:10 AM »

Thanks for your comments muku.

Quote from: muku link=topic=2404.msg68576#msg68576

I though it was an Airship 2600 demake?
Well this film was actually a bootleg demake of Airship 2600.

LM is a bit hard alright.  FWIW, if you didn't play them, the Mega Man games were rather well-known for being tough.  Take what you can from it.  If you're having trouble with the bosses and actually really want to get on in the game I can PM you some hints.

As for the other games, the ostensible goal of biocollector is to pick up the creatures and take them back to your starting location. 

(SP is pretty much a case of 'what you see is what you get').
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2008, 05:30:02 AM »

I just finished it! Oh man, the ending. The ending :D

Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2008, 05:43:45 AM »

Kudos for providing a Mac version. Smiley

increpare
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2008, 07:20:59 AM »

Kudos for providing a Mac version. Smiley
It was my pleasure, I can assure you.  Beer!

I just finished it! Oh man, the ending. The ending :D
Beer!

Also, the back-side of the box:

muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2008, 07:27:15 AM »

Man, "Innuendo", that's even better than what I stole came up with  :D :D
increpare
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2008, 05:52:46 AM »

Thanks for the comments 0rel.

'Zeppelin': sorry, i don't get that one. i feel lost in symbols there...
I definitely plan on improving it a bit and making it a bit more obvious (and removing all of the flickering, I think...) in the crash-free LM release.

(  I wouldn't have thought of doing it if it weren't for this game The Great by Zaratustra, which I guess counts as a main source inspiration.  )

audio: overall, the glitchy monophonic music fits very well.
Just to check: 'glitchy' doesn't refer to any audio bugs that people have mentioned elsewhere, does it?
increpare
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2008, 08:40:28 AM »

in my case, 2048 samples and above.
Mine is set at 4096 samples, and updated every frame.  HMMM.  I'll see if I can get about to stuffing together a binary with the sample buffer upped and see if that improves things.
increpare
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2008, 09:17:55 AM »

Okay all my dear Crashees; I think I fixed the problem.  Here's a debug-enabled build that I think should no longer crash on ye.  I hope ...  Just pop the executable in the same directory as the official release.

Also, for people who were having sound issues, here.

Should both of these prove satisfactory, they will find themselves included in the main zip file soon.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 09:34:42 AM by increpare » Logged
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:02 AM »

I really enjoyed this!

- Sick Panda is a very accurate depiction of the despair and hopelessness of the TIGS Trojan Attack.
- I laughed really hard at the 'bug' in Bio Collect! Just like the real thing.
- There's something about Lady Million that really makes it feel like an old Gameboy game. Perhaps the fact that it's rock-hard! I finished it in the end, though, and the ending is great!
- Like 0rel, though, I didn't get Zeppelin. I just kept moving around until the words stopped, and the screen just changed colours. It made me feel like I was too stupid to understand it.  Sad

Oh, I really like the music from the Birth Lady stage of Lady Million, by the way. If I can work up the motivation in the future, I may have a go at remixing/reinterpreting it.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: September 01, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »

Won't run for me on Tiger...   Cry  App launches then disappears.

increpare
« Reply #118 on: September 01, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »

IS THE BUG-FIX VERSION FIXING ANYBODY'S BUGS?  PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW IF IT IS THX!

Won't run for me on Tiger...   Cry  App launches then disappears.
Yeah; I've only compiled for 10.5.  If you can find your way about xcode and have allegro installed I could give you the sources and you could compile it yourself, but otherwise I don't know what I'll be able to do about it Sad 

Thanks for the comment's Synnah.  I'm going to change Zeppelin a little bit in the final release to make it a little less actively unpleasant an experience.

( I'm glad that you liked the LM background music; I also like it Smiley  )
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 12:49:52 PM by increpare » Logged
FoxBlitzz
Level 0

Watch out! Bad Klik & Play graphics!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2008, 01:16:32 PM »

I love how the rover thing in Bio-Collect grabs the animals by the head like they're stiff blocks. Gotta love it when everything suddenly gets abducted for no reason. Recently I tabbed out and back in, and I flipped upside-down and was unable to move. Kickass.

- Like 0rel, though, I didn't get Zeppelin.

Move the letter around and notice how it changes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 01:20:09 PM by FoxBlitzz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic