Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411413 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 16, 2024, 01:47:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScreenshot ▸Saturday◂
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 548
Print
Author Topic: Screenshot ▸Saturday◂  (Read 2143108 times)
Nate_G
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1320 on: January 12, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »

That looks gorgeous djdolber!

Overpass
Devlog
A hot air balloon exploration game.
Martyr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: January 12, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »

Some fresh updates!

Cryptwalker - Top-down RPG

hube
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1322 on: January 12, 2013, 09:40:40 AM »

New barracks building
Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/0xJWT#0

dexter_deluxe
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1323 on: January 12, 2013, 10:04:35 AM »

Will the shield also protect from those acid geysers? Find out soon...

More infos at our devlog or at IndieDB  Beer!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:27:26 AM by dexter_deluxe » Logged

swordofkings128
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: January 12, 2013, 10:21:42 AM »

super baby martian's day out, an exciting, side scrollin shoot venture. use your ray gun to defeat enemies! charge up your gun to absorb enemy powers! a babys gotta do what a babys gotta do.

BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1325 on: January 12, 2013, 10:40:13 AM »

Been working on improving the GUI elements in DwarfCorp. Here is a test panel I made. It's pretty basic, but more than what I need for the game.

PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1326 on: January 12, 2013, 11:14:55 AM »

Bow of Arjun

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8025882/Arjun.png

Master of all trades.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1327 on: January 12, 2013, 01:51:53 PM »

Been working on improving the GUI elements in DwarfCorp. Here is a test panel I made. It's pretty basic, but more than what I need for the game.
snip

that bordered text is kinda mean to my eyeballs. maybe make the border a more earthy color?
and the white a little more tannishhhh?
miketucker
« Reply #1328 on: January 12, 2013, 02:04:16 PM »

snip

that bordered text is kinda mean to my eyeballs. maybe make the border a more earthy color?

Yep, with a light background, it's typically easier to use dark foreground elements. And vice versa if it's a dark background.
GUI menus in game engines are a pain, Nice work so far!
Sam
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1329 on: January 12, 2013, 02:37:36 PM »

Ashkin
« Reply #1330 on: January 12, 2013, 02:58:10 PM »

Addicted I want it.
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1331 on: January 12, 2013, 03:13:17 PM »

You're right. The white text is a holdover from an earlier GUI I had which had black backgrounds. Now that I've switched to light backgrounds I should use darker text.

Awesome water

This is amazing! What's the technical principle?

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 12, 2013, 10:37:00 PM »

Alex Higgins
Level 2

@alchiggins on Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1333 on: January 13, 2013, 06:36:24 AM »

Ditto.

My Dev Blog! >  Sassy Echidna Software
WIP >  Monsterpunk
Latest Game >  Bloodjak
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1334 on: January 13, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »

-snip-

Cool water, indeed.

@Code_Assassin - The background tiles could be darker still (to me), but it's looking pretty good.

Sam
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1335 on: January 13, 2013, 08:13:13 AM »

What's the technical principle?

It's built around a (I believe) new type of landscape representation I've been working on for much of the last year which would take a while to explain. But the water's the interesting part anyway:

The water is based primarily on local effects, quite like the cellular-automata stuff used in Dwarf Fortress. But my world isn't based on a cube grid (although it is constrained to a grid on the X-Z plane) so the neighbours available to a cell varies depending on surrounding landscape and water volume within a cell. It calculates water pressure in neighbouring cells at the point where they touch and uses that to determine what fluid flow should happen.

Most games use pressure difference between neighbouring water cells to determine how much volume is transferred each update (although often obscured behind language about making water depth in neighbouring cells converge towards equality). Instead I use pressure difference to determine the 2nd derivative of volume transfer, effectively an acceleration in fluid flow. Each update the acceleration for that instant is calculated, the acceleration is applied to velocity, which in turn actually moves water volume. Because velocity is kept between updates there is a pleasantly smoothly applied overfilling of cells which gives rise to the waves and general sloshing about feel of the water.

Worth noting also that this isn't based on a height map like for instance From Dust's water is. So there could be an aqueduct carrying water over that valley and it would simulate just fine with no interference. Unless the aqueduct overflowed, in which case it would of course correctly interact with the water below.

(I'll make a devlog some time fairly soon. Been working on this for so long with nothing worth showing, it makes a nice change.)
BleakProspects
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: January 13, 2013, 11:35:29 AM »

Most games use pressure difference between neighbouring water cells to determine how much volume is transferred each update (although often obscured behind language about making water depth in neighbouring cells converge towards equality). Instead I use pressure difference to determine the 2nd derivative of volume transfer, effectively an acceleration in fluid flow. Each update the acceleration for that instant is calculated, the acceleration is applied to velocity, which in turn actually moves water volume. Because velocity is kept between updates there is a pleasantly smoothly applied overfilling of cells which gives rise to the waves and general sloshing about feel of the water.

Pretty good idea! I might try this to improve my own crappy water simulation.

poe
« Reply #1337 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:13 PM »

I like it, you're getting a lot better Smiley
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 13, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

I like it, you're getting a lot better Smiley

Thanks man  Tears of Joy
WhiteSponge
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: January 18, 2013, 06:31:34 PM »

New screenshot! Monsters can get poisoned from the poison gas trap too! (with a poison status ailment) Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 548
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic