Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 27, 2024, 10:56:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScreenshot ▸Saturday◂
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 548
Print
Author Topic: Screenshot ▸Saturday◂  (Read 2148033 times)
Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 01, 2012, 07:37:40 PM »

Eh?

I'm pretty sure today is Monday...?
Eigen
Level 10

Brobdingnagian ding dong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: October 02, 2012, 02:28:33 AM »

It bothers me too but I didn't want to say anything because I'm a nice guy, plus you know, the more screenshots the merrier. That said, Screenshot Saturdays should be and stay sacred, days when you're only allowed to walk barefeet and listen to REM.

Velvety
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #982 on: October 02, 2012, 10:19:26 AM »

Ok, well I didn't think missing Saturday by a day would bother people so much.  You know, the spirit of this thing is to get people posting regular screenshots of their work, not sticking to Saturdays for the sake of Saturdays right?  My screenshots are posted to #screenshotsaturday (the actual website) on Saturdays except for the few times when I'm late a day because of real life stuff.  I don't usually get around to posting here until the next day, but I will stop doing that when I'm late since clearly posting my progress is irrelevant if it spoils the sanctity of Saturdays  Wink

Seriously though, what's the big deal? This thread normally stays stagnant for a whole week, if 1 or 2 posts come in late but still stick to the weekly schedule, why does that bother you?  Thanks for making a newer forum member feel welcome Undecided

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: October 02, 2012, 12:46:21 PM »

Eh?

I'm pretty sure today is Monday...?
wow, you're right I was pretty sure yesterday was sunday and today was monday lol

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
owendeery
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: October 02, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »

There's a ton of places on here to show what you're working on. It's pretty arbitrary, but I like seeing this thread fill up on Saturdays with new stuff, when most people are (presumably) at home from their job working away on their games.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #985 on: October 02, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »

Ok, well I didn't think missing Saturday by a day would bother people so much.  You know, the spirit of this thing is to get people posting regular screenshots of their work, not sticking to Saturdays for the sake of Saturdays right?  My screenshots are posted to #screenshotsaturday (the actual website) on Saturdays except for the few times when I'm late a day because of real life stuff.  I don't usually get around to posting here until the next day, but I will stop doing that when I'm late since clearly posting my progress is irrelevant if it spoils the sanctity of Saturdays  Wink

Seriously though, what's the big deal? This thread normally stays stagnant for a whole week, if 1 or 2 posts come in late but still stick to the weekly schedule, why does that bother you?  Thanks for making a newer forum member feel welcome Undecided

On the one hand, the point of the thread is to post screenshots of your work every Saturday in particular. On the other, it's not a big deal to me, personally, if someone's late by a day or something. I've been late, and I'm pretty sure a lot of people have been late by some hours / a day.

Sorry if anyone made you feel uncomfortable, Velvety. I'm sure nobody was out for that, but rather just wanted to keep Screenshot Saturday for only screenshots on Saturday.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: October 02, 2012, 06:00:43 PM »

Yea hard out, who cares, everyone needs to chill out a bit.

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #987 on: October 02, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »

I just like to come here and look at all the rad shit people are doing, I don't really care what day it is.

Velvety
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #988 on: October 02, 2012, 06:14:59 PM »

Thanks all,

I understand the idea with this thread is to try and post on Saturdays so as to keep with a theme and schedule. I'm cool with that.  I guess I just assumed it was in the same spirit as the website that started the #screenshotsaturday thing where the main intention is to share with the community - specifically to share a weekly progress screenshot of your indie game work.  I didn't think posting a day or so late would be a big deal since it's done all the time on the other website.  People get busy and sometimes miss the Saturday time to post but still have something new to share.

Any how, I'm not trying to spoil the intention of this thread. I just want to post screenshots here in the spirit of being indie, of being creative and of wanting to share my work Smiley.  And I hope if my postings are late sometimes that they do not offend anyone.  I'll try to do better at preventing the lateness though!

So please, let's move past this Smiley.  The last thing I'm trying to do is cause drama or disrespect anyone.  I just want to share, discuss and perhaps gain some useful feedback with other indies.  I only have good intentions.  Let's get back to being awesome indies and warm fuzzies and everything, cool?  Grin

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 02, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »

Thanks all,

I understand the idea with this thread is to try and post on Saturdays so as to keep with a theme and schedule. I'm cool with that.  I guess I just assumed it was in the same spirit as the website that started the #screenshotsaturday thing where the main intention is to share with the community - specifically to share a weekly progress screenshot of your indie game work.  I didn't think posting a day or so late would be a big deal since it's done all the time on the other website.  People get busy and sometimes miss the Saturday time to post but still have something new to share.

Any how, I'm not trying to spoil the intention of this thread. I just want to post screenshots here in the spirit of being indie, of being creative and of wanting to share my work Smiley.  And I hope if my postings are late sometimes that they do not offend anyone.  I'll try to do better at preventing the lateness though!

So please, let's move past this Smiley.  The last thing I'm trying to do is cause drama or disrespect anyone.  I just want to share, discuss and perhaps gain some useful feedback with other indies.  I only have good intentions.  Let's get back to being awesome indies and warm fuzzies and everything, cool?  Grin

yeah doood. Smiley

play hydlide 2
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: October 02, 2012, 08:12:20 PM »

you know what?
All those who don't like out-of-saturday posts in this thread, you just have to read the thread on saturdays only!!!

mind=asplode

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
HernanZh
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #991 on: October 03, 2012, 06:35:38 AM »

Ok, so if we're talking about the "rules" of screenshotsaturday here, what about animated gifs?
Not that I don't like seeing them, but... I don't really qualify them as screenshots. You might as well post a whole trailer.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #992 on: October 03, 2012, 07:15:05 AM »

A GIF is a series of screenshots, and fits in the post, unlike trailers, which don't. I think they should be there. :/

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #993 on: October 03, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »

We better forget what happened before nobu looses is mind :

Just saying ahah. I think screenshot saturday should be updated only on saturdays, but c'mon people, 1 or 2 days late is nothing. People have lifes  Gentleman

ps: before someone gets mad, this is not a screenshot ahah

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #994 on: October 03, 2012, 11:41:35 PM »

I like animated gifs and think everyone should post more of them. They are nothing like trailers, they're just screenshots that move.

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: October 04, 2012, 01:14:34 PM »

Xion, I just wanted to say that the smoothness of this run cycle is so hypnotic. Mesmerizing! Shocked

I've also seen your devlog for Catacomb Kids. Wow! Do you use some kind of a character animation editor? Those characters look like they consist of keyframes combined with spritesheets. Am I right?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:45:51 PM by goshki » Logged

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #996 on: October 05, 2012, 03:22:49 AM »

Hey, you're like the third person to ask me about that this week so I went ahead and made a new post on the devlog. Check it here!

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: October 05, 2012, 03:40:02 AM »

Hey, you're like the third person to ask me about that this week so I went ahead and made a new post on the devlog. Check it here!

Seems powerful. Thanks for the info! Gentleman

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #998 on: October 05, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »

That is indeed some of the smoothest animations I've seen around. Very nice, seriously.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #999 on: October 05, 2012, 09:01:40 AM »

Man, you post way less updates than I'd like to read Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 548
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic