Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:54:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralwhat have you been playing lately?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: what have you been playing lately?  (Read 18884 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« on: May 15, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »

indie or not.

this week: im aaaaall over the new crackdown DLC.
best game about jumping since mario 1.
and some catan here and there.

you?

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 08:33:33 AM »

Most recently... Echoes (by binary zoo), MDK (by Shiny), and of course my own game in development.

TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:29 AM »

Right now I'm playing through Arcanum again. This game's a bag full of bugs and design flaws, but it's a solid RPG with a decent athmosphere.

I aslo re-discovered Diablo2 with a friend. We try to roam through a dungeon or two every now and then. It's fun.

Few weeks ago I was playing Warcraft 3, but eventually got frustrated Wink.

From indie games:

Mainly my MAGI (testing) and Rinku's project (I'm a playetester, but the game's just fun to play).

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 09:23:52 AM »

Poyo (FINALLY BEAT IT)
Blocksum
Pokemon Diamond
Mario vs Donkey Kong (replaying yet again, studying for BQ)
God of War (had to beat it so I could play GoW2)
God of War II (finished a few weeks back now but WOW amazing)

I'm looking forward to Etrian Odyssey coming out later this week, it's got a lot of indie flavor it sounds like!

cup full of magic charisma
ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 09:41:59 AM »

Crackdown.

Nothing.. but.. Crackdown. I can't stop. HELP

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 10:31:56 AM »

oh man, ive been to 4 places on lunch break to try and find etrian with no luck.
finaly, a game about cartography on DS. about damned time.
cant wait.

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 11:20:07 AM »

Every Castlevania game of merit.  NES, GBA, DS, PS2, 360.  And some C64 games.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Shinji16
Level 0

That stupid Bemani kid...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:22:26 AM »

Most recently... Echoes (by binary zoo), MDK (by Shiny), and of course my own game in development.

MDK... good times.

Me, I'm "playing" Knytt persay - I making a high res map of the game world (the one that's out there has gridlines since it was done with windowed screencaps, mine doesn't).

I CAN say that I'm playing O2Jam, Cave Story (3hp no item run), IIDX and DDR, Wipeout Pure, Every Extend Extra, and Perplex City. Not so sure if you can count PXC...

Edit: 'Spelling' mistake. It's Every Extend Extra, not Evolved... *facepalm*
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:34:35 AM by Shinji16 » Logged

Smile - life is good!
Shinji16
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 11:35:23 AM »

And some C64 games.

Any Starquake, perhaps? That was one of my first games ever, and favorites.

Smile - life is good!
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 11:51:04 AM »

Planescape: Torment!
I'm a little angry about having spent two days in UnderSigil looking for story advancement, but it's an awesome game nevertheless.
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »

PGR 3 and Within a Deep Forest. On occasion, I'll fire up F-Zero on the GBA. But I guess I'll be playing Halo 3 beta tomorrow :D

oh and my game, of course

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:20 PM »

oh man oh man oh man, halo 3! i cannot wait to have my sexuality questioned wether i kill, get killed or do nothing.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:58:48 AM by fish » Logged

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 01:51:20 PM »

I got Hotel Dusk and Final Fantasy III for my DS the other day, but I'm not particularly enjoying either of them... Which is a real pity, as I had high hopes for both Sad

Shinji16
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »

I got Hotel Dusk and ... I'm not particularly enjoying either of them... Which is a real pity, as I had high hopes for both Sad

Shocked (or for all you weeaboo out there o.O)

How?!?! I've heard nothing but praise and... erm... praise for Hotel Dusk! What aren't you liking about it?

Smile - life is good!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »

Actually, just a lot of little things. In particular, I read fast, but I can't speed up the text display beyond the painfully slow default setting. It's quite frustrating, and makes it very hard to enjoy.

Also, while the music is really good, it changes too often. Might not seem like a big thing, but it totally breaks the mood for me when the music changes every couple of seconds, as you enter a conversation, or a different room, or the menu, or look at an item...

shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 03:00:13 PM »

Well, in the run-up to my Exam Hell, I procrastinated by completing New Super Mario Bros to the full, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow to the full (including Julius Mode all the way through), and also Another Code: Two Memories, because I only just borrowed it from my brother. I also seem to have lost Trauma Centre, otherwise I'd have gone through that as well. Cry

Aside from that, I've been playing Mario Kart: Double Dash with my housemates, along with Bomberman '93 for the Virtual Console, also with my housemates (who all suck at Bomberman Tongue ).

I'm also still dabbling with both Clean Asia and that awesome little shmup called Ablation, which just feels so right to play.

olücæbelel
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 04:41:49 PM »

Lately, I've been playing alot of indie games, Knytt comes to my mind, and so many other I can't remember their name right now. TI really enjoyed the Chocolate castle demo, I'm thinking of buying the game.

Commercialy speaking, I've been highly disapointed by God of war 2. I'm enjoying few mini-games from Chocobo tales for the ds but the difficulty level of certain mini-games combined with too much game styles combined together is turning me a bit off.

I've recently picked up old but tested an true titles to enjoy myself. I've finished Yoshi's island on the snes, played alot of Double dragon 2 on the nes and a couple of Battletoads games on the snes.

In between, I've played various snes and genesis titles. God of war 2 made me took a break from "modern" games and go back to the classic consoles...

Anthony Flack
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 07:34:02 PM »

Lotsa God Hand, but I think I'm about done with that now. I'm going to try to finally finish off Psychonauts. I'm not playing Okami, because the impression I got from the first couple hours was that it was incredibly tedious, and I've never had sufficient interest to load it up again since.

Currently in development: Cletus Clay
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 10:09:31 PM »

I am addicted to Pokèmon Diamond.
And also, Mono never gets old.
Haven't played a console title in [what feels like] ages. Not since I beat the slightly disappointing, overhyped, underwhelming Zelda:TTP. Not that it was bad by any stretch of the imagination. But it was average in all areas.
No matter, that was a while ago.

For now, it is Pokèmon Diamond.

Alex May
...is probably drunk right now.
Level 10

hen hao wan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 04:05:05 AM »

I was up playing this one-screen rpg last night. It's awesome, if you can figure it out.

I have also been playing one-roomers Automation and Knightsquire. Knightsquire was ok but some of the puzzles are fucking stupid. Automation was ok.

Also started replaying Darker in Dosbox.

That's in between a whole lot of Stalker. Stalker is great for the first half, and the second half is really boring and linear crap. Definitely needed more devtime, horrifyingly enough.

Oh and I play Puzzle Quest on PSP when I make a poo.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic