Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:03:12 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 206907 times)
phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1140 on: April 30, 2015, 04:24:00 AM »

Yeah I'm totally loving the game, even though I haven't spent a huge amount of time yet. I get stuck a lot but then randomly find another exit or route I somehow managed to miss. Bosses are difficult. This is totally up my street!

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
SaintHeiser
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1141 on: May 02, 2015, 07:33:20 AM »

Hi, man! I was waiting dfor this game for years... And I haven't disappointed!
Really this one reminds me Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Fusion is the best exploration game on my opinion. So I can say that you made the game at least on the same level as Metroid Fusion.

***SPOILERS***
I've beat it particuallary. I mean I've  explored the map, got  all upgrades, find some secrets, and got two endings (regular battle with mainframe and lost on the planet).
Now I break my mind to understanding how to get through laser after 4 keys. Something writiing on the background but i don't know ehat it means yet. By the way, language decoding wasn't too hard, but what about codes written on the walls? I found one at the temple (4A) and another one at the Sandrocks (TWOW). Computer tells me about Artwory and Submerged Forgotten room. I haven't any idea what it means and how to use them yet...
***SPOILERS***

Also I've tried to beat challenge mode. As I understand, there is no health upgrades but you starting with H-V dash. So the -map- upgrade become uncollectable.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1142 on: May 05, 2015, 08:58:22 AM »

Out on Humble, nice. Bought, really enjoying it so far

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1143 on: May 08, 2015, 08:07:08 AM »

Hi, man! I was waiting dfor this game for years... And I haven't disappointed!
Really this one reminds me Metroid Fusion, and Metroid Fusion is the best exploration game on my opinion. So I can say that you made the game at least on the same level as Metroid Fusion.

***SPOILERS***
I've beat it particuallary. I mean I've  explored the map, got  all upgrades, find some secrets, and got two endings (regular battle with mainframe and lost on the planet).
Now I break my mind to understanding how to get through laser after 4 keys. Something writiing on the background but i don't know ehat it means yet. By the way, language decoding wasn't too hard, but what about codes written on the walls? I found one at the temple (4A) and another one at the Sandrocks (TWOW). Computer tells me about Artwory and Submerged Forgotten room. I haven't any idea what it means and how to use them yet...
***SPOILERS***

Also I've tried to beat challenge mode. As I understand, there is no health upgrades but you starting with H-V dash. So the -map- upgrade become uncollectable.

The map upgrade can actually be collected, although it's crazy hard! Smiley The Steam community forum has a lot of hints and tips of all sorts for the post-endgame puzzles and such.

Thanks everyone! The game is now out on Humble Store as well, as Christian pointed out.

I'm wondering if this thread could be moved to "Finished Projects" since it's finished. How does this usually work?

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 08, 2015, 08:22:57 AM »

PM a mod. I really liked the game by the way, though some of the post-game stuff might be a bit too time-consuming for me Tongue

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1145 on: May 21, 2015, 02:40:52 PM »

I wrote some thousands of words about the game and its design on my blog. You can read them here: http://www.hempuli.com/blogblog/archives/1279

skaz
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1146 on: June 01, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »

Just bought it today, I'm one hour and a half in, and I really like it Smiley

As mentioned above, I sometimes have problems in terms of readability, to know what is background, what is a wall. I understand that he palette is limited and the resolution really low, so, mustn't be easy, but sometimes I practically missed a way thinking something was a wall.
I'm going to describe it loosely, don't know if it will help, but there is a pit with strange shrooms and worms. you have to use grappling hook at the bottom on the left. I tried it and it worked, but I was really thinking that the ceiling was a solid block.

I think the problem is a lack of consistency, there is no rule like "light is wall dark is background".
On the other hand, you have to experiment to discover if you can use a path or not, I don't know if it's such a problem, it might add to the feeling of exploration after all. If it can help, I'll make some screen-shots when I specifically face those situations.

Anyway,  Wink Toast Right

I can only imagine the effort to achieve this, I tried to make a metroidvania and miserably failed (as a first project, I was bound to fail I guess :p)

LOST FORTRESS site! 2d action adventure exploration in an abandoned Dwarf fortress, overrun by weird slug-like creatures.
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: July 09, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »

these dudes are creeping me out

the game is great so far

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1148 on: July 14, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »

Thanks for the compliments :D glad you find the eyes appropriately unnerving!

In BIG NEWS, the game's Official Soundtrack is now available for purchase for $2,99! The in-game music tracks now also come bundled with the game itself for free.

The Soundtrack store page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/384720/

More details at: https://steamcommunity.com/games/350070/announcements/detail/79161486319172595

Please support those amazing tunes and their composer! Smiley

siskavard
« Reply #1149 on: August 31, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »

bought it, played it, loved it

bought the soundtrack, playing it, loving it.

fantastic work all around, you should be super proud
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: September 01, 2015, 03:18:09 AM »

I bought this a few months ago and played through everything including the post-game content.

I really enjoyed the riddles in the post game, though I didn't care for the high amount of backtracking (at least until you unlock the final upgrade). It would have been convenient if the map were more detailed, so I could remember which side of hidden rooms was the entrance. The low fidelity graphics were a little too low fidelity for my tastes. A doubled resolution would have helped make a few game elements more clear, like one-way blocks.

I really liked the last puzzle with the skull ghost, although I was disappointed I figured it out so quickly.

It was nice that towards the end the player still had new zones to look forward to discovering. The greatest tragedy of an exploration game is reaching a point where you've seen everything there is to see, but still have lots of puzzles to solve and backtracking to do that don't reveal any new scenery.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1151 on: October 10, 2015, 02:11:08 PM »

Thanks a lot, SirNiko! Glad to hear you enjoyed the game enough to find it all! Coffee The point about the map is very valid, I tried to make the larger map show which rooms have red/blue/gold blocks, but couldn't figure out an intuitive way to do that.

News! News! There'll be a LARGEish CONTENT UPDATE on October 18th! It'll be totally free and all. The game now also supports Steam Cloud, woo!

(Steam Announcement)

Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1152 on: October 11, 2015, 01:11:12 AM »

It's fantastic to see you're still updating the game! I hope it's doing very well for you, I've been following your stuff since your Floating Islands Game, way back on The Daily Click and the Clickteam forums. Glad to see you're still going strong! Smiley

lobstersteve
« Reply #1153 on: October 11, 2015, 04:09:01 AM »

Free updates. Hempuli is a real indie hero  Cool
Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 11, 2015, 04:11:59 AM »

Congrats on the success mate, game looks amazing!

stringkiller
Level 1

Fat Pixel

View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: October 11, 2015, 05:29:51 AM »

I've been following this game for a long time now! Glad to see some news and can't wait for the update  Blink

< check out the devlog! or Twitter!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1156 on: October 17, 2015, 04:58:25 AM »

Thanks a lot! There's now a trailer available for the upcoming update!

CHECK IT OUT

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1157 on: October 18, 2015, 04:38:48 PM »

Aaaand the update is out!

The update's free but I'll link the Steam page here because why not

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: October 19, 2015, 03:07:57 AM »

This sounds really good - I'll have to boot this up this afternoon and take a look.
alvarop
Level 9

ignorant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1159 on: October 19, 2015, 04:15:35 AM »

Haven't finished the main game (currently stuck Tongue), but watched the trailer and it looks awesome. I really like the presentation and the atmosphere you managed to convey man, it's truly inspiring and awesome.

i make games that can only ever be played once on http://throwaway.fun
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic