Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411516 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 01, 2024, 07:46:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 207169 times)
Lizardheim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2012, 12:59:47 AM »

Oh dude idea!

Add plants to the underwater bits. Also tiny bubbles that appear now and then from them, and loads of those if a fish swims into it.
Ashkin
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2012, 01:01:26 AM »

Swaying kelp.
Lizardheim
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2012, 01:20:24 AM »

Also fish that go blubb blubb blubb.
Ouren
Enjoyed Some Pizza!
Level 7

Poppy Works

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2012, 01:21:59 AM »

The gifs in this thread are entirely too sexual for me.
So sexual.

mmmmmmmmm

ink.inc
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2012, 01:26:12 AM »

h-hempuli-san

i.... i am in love...  Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2012, 04:28:06 AM »

Why was I not informed of this game!?!?! It looks LOVELY! Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2012, 09:16:56 AM »

Thanks for the compliments!

mokesmoe: That actually looks much better than I thought it would. I may use such colouring for areas closer to the surface. However, due to ~atmosphere~  reasons I'll keep the deeper areas black.

keoni29
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2012, 09:36:46 AM »

Metroid scaled down. Can you tell me exactely what makes your game stand out?
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »

I have a feeling instead of trying to stand out he is just making it because he is enjoying doing so.

keoni29
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2012, 09:59:09 AM »

I have a feeling instead of trying to stand out he is just making it because he is enjoying doing so.
It looks great, no problems, but I always tend to do something a little different to make a game stand out and I wondered if he does so.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »

It looks great, no problems, but I always tend to do something a little different to make a game stand out and I wondered if he does so.

Unfortunately not really. While I usually enjoy experimenting, making a metroidvania has been in my mind for such a long time that I decided to make one just because, instead of really thinking of innovation.

EDIT: Although I obviously wont intentionally try to make this game a replica of Metroid. I hope I can manage to make the different areas feel fresh enough despite the obvious source of inspiration.

EDIT 2: As you probably noted from my comment in your devlog, I found the situation rather ironic, especially considering that you said that "I always tend to do something a little different to make a game stand out".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:14:45 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2012, 11:22:19 AM »

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, right? I think this game looks like it would be a lot of fun to play, and am always looking forward to seeing more games like Metroid (my all-time favourite games growing up), provided that they are made with an eye for detail and high quality in mind.

Hempuli?, your game meets those two criteria easily, and I want to see what it's like finished!

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2012, 04:31:02 PM »

I'll be extremely busy for about a week, so don't expect much new in regards of ESA. Sorry! However, in the meantime here's a nice pic just for you:

(I'm aware that it doesn't look all that underwater-y, but I'll add some plantlife there and all).

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2012, 04:44:53 AM »

I want you to know how much I want this game:

<---------------------------------------------------------------This Much---------------------------------------------------------------->

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2012, 08:40:49 AM »

I want you to know how much I want this game:

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------This Much------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2012, 12:16:21 PM »

Thanks guys. Inspired me to do this:

Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »

Beer! - more visuals please!

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2012, 01:47:20 PM »

Haha! Such lovely particle effects! WANT! WAAAAANT! Smiley

Dragonmaw
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2012, 01:51:21 PM »

Metroid scaled down. Can you tell me exactely what makes your game stand out?

It's real cool?

Can you tell me why you are a jerk?
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »

The best thing about that quote is that Hempuli‽ is well known for his games being a bit subversive, and standing out. Then one of his few games that doesn't at first glance have a clever twist and someone pulls him on it.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic