Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411917 Posts in 69431 Topics- by 58477 Members - Latest Member: KriegsHetzer

June 10, 2024, 06:41:07 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEnvironmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59
Print
Author Topic: Environmental Station Alpha [Big update coming 10/18!]  (Read 208382 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: July 01, 2014, 01:35:39 PM »

Aight, 25 minutes to go! See you there Smiley

www.twitch.tv/hempuli

EDIT: Thanks! Watch the recorded stream here:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:05:06 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 01, 2014, 04:32:08 PM »

That was pretty cool. I remember suggesting earlier in the thread that shooting downwards could boost vertical player height a bit. Perhaps if you limited that to charge shots only it could help with maneuverability in boss fights. It certainly looked like if that were implemented you wouldn't have fallen on top of the plant bosses third stage quite as often. Other than that suggestion I want to encourage you to keep taking your time with it & fine tweak all the points you mentioned in the video Coffee It's not finished til you say it is.
sakuyo
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 02, 2014, 05:24:42 PM »

not sure how I've managed to miss this until now. Everything looks great.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #923 on: July 04, 2014, 05:32:40 AM »

I made the jungle area wither away:

Sebioff
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 04, 2014, 07:17:19 AM »

Grin I love things like that, awesome!

Current devlog: Parkitect, a theme park simulation, currently on Kickstarter | Twitter
DarkWanderer
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 04, 2014, 08:19:24 AM »

That is really awesome.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #926 on: July 04, 2014, 09:57:17 AM »

The water is going behind the slope tiles.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: July 05, 2014, 12:53:32 AM »

Are you going to have a transition between the green to brown as it's changing so it isn't so instant? Or is that not possible with the limited palette? Either way it looks great! I love palette changes in games!

It wont be instant, but I can't really make a nice smooth transition effect, either, so it'll still be somewhat sudden. Sad

The water is going behind the slope tiles.
I actually noticed this myself for the first time yesterday. It's really not a big thing but annoying nonetheless. In general the fact that the topmost layer is always on top of everything else no matter what I do is really annoying and causes ugly stuff here and there.

rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:28 AM »

I made the jungle area wither away:

This reminds me of when you pass through Star World Special in Super Mario World to find the artwork of the levels has changed from green/spring to brown/autumn. You could do something similar; maybe when the player defeats the boss of the jungle area the jungle withers away... Or the opposite: defeating the boss changes the jungle from browns to greens. Depends on the tone you want for the plot progression, I guess.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #929 on: July 08, 2014, 01:56:17 PM »

This reminds me of when you pass through Star World Special in Super Mario World to find the artwork of the levels has changed from green/spring to brown/autumn. You could do something similar; maybe when the player defeats the boss of the jungle area the jungle withers away... Or the opposite: defeating the boss changes the jungle from browns to greens. Depends on the tone you want for the plot progression, I guess.

The withering is related to a plot event and is required to get forward, so that's handled already. Smiley

In other news, time for yet more streaming! The next session will be on Friday 11.7. at 11 PM (GMT). Channel is same ol' www.twitch.tv/hempuli/

Irock
Level 5

why's my avatar so big

View Profile WWW
« Reply #930 on: July 08, 2014, 06:05:27 PM »

I'm going to have to start abstaining from these streams as to not spoil the game for myself. Concerned

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #931 on: July 11, 2014, 01:55:36 AM »

...Aaaand due to things I'll have to move the stream to some other day. Sorry about that! Sad

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #932 on: July 16, 2014, 04:39:36 PM »

I've finished all the secret collectibles! There's still one "larger" thing in the way, but I'd say things are definitely very close, even to the point that I think the actual game content might be finished this month!

Rusk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 16, 2014, 05:54:28 PM »

I've finished all the secret collectibles! There's still one "larger" thing in the way, but I'd say things are definitely very close, even to the point that I think the actual game content might be finished this month!

oh, you tease!
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #934 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:30 AM »

oh, you tease!

Indeed I do, because even if the game content was finished, there's still the matter of publishing & audio design.

Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 18, 2014, 10:17:17 PM »

Jumping in late on the bandwagon to say that I'm really hype for this project. It looks fantastic, and I'm excited to be able to get my hands on it soon.
lai-studioguts
Level 0

Hello. Kobo would like to be your friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #936 on: July 18, 2014, 10:31:38 PM »

Waaagh! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 19, 2014, 04:05:26 AM »

See, one of these days I'm going to come to the tigsource forums... and I will find the ESA thread with a majestic, grandiose, shiny "100%" sitting right next to it. And people posting in the thread are going crazy. Everybody will want to play this game. And everyone is loving it. They're posting stories and praise on here. They're finding all the secrets. They're beating all the bosses.

And the best thing about it: that very day might come very, very soon...  Roll Eyes
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 30, 2014, 12:10:12 AM »

Hey Hempuli, thanks for recording your streams!  Smiley  Hand Thumbs Up Right
phi6
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: July 30, 2014, 01:48:31 AM »

See, one of these days I'm going to come to the tigsource forums... and I will find the ESA thread with a majestic, grandiose, shiny "100%" sitting right next to it. And people posting in the thread are going crazy. Everybody will want to play this game. And everyone is loving it. They're posting stories and praise on here. They're finding all the secrets. They're beating all the bosses.

And the best thing about it: that very day might come very, very soon...  Roll Eyes

I just wanted to quote this. That's it.

TinyKeep is now on Steam!
@phi6
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 59
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic