Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:50:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Suggestions for creating graphics for FB games
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Suggestions for creating graphics for FB games  (Read 1250 times)
sovellis
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2012, 03:56:19 PM »

Hello fellow creatives,

To make the long story short I'm an interactive web designer who have to present a digital advertising idea. The idea is for a Facebook social network game. As I'm the only person presenting it, apart from doing the game interface I'll have to show a couple of screenshots of the game graphics. So I would be really glad if you share which would be a better (in other words easier) approach for creating decent quality graphics. If time and skills are not on my side would you consider vector graphics to be a good solution or maybe pixel art, or something else? Where should I look for tutorials?

P.s. Before some people rip me apart for undervaluing the art of creating game graphics and looking for quick solutions, let me tell you that's not the case. As a digital designer myself I can completely appreciate the time required to become skillful in creating game graphics but unfortunately my situation requires quick solutions so I can come with a few convincing snapshots in the next 5 weeks.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Kalo
Nystre
Level 0

You bring the jacket and I'll bring the light

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:10:55 PM »

Vector art would probably do just fine, if that's your preference. I don't have a lot of experience with FB games, mind, but from what I've seen, simple shapes and cartoonish styles work pretty well with most of those games.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic