Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:31:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesOki Doki Marioki Panic Racing
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Oki Doki Marioki Panic Racing  (Read 4315 times)
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2008, 07:53:53 PM »

I decided to do something different instead.  I thought that a collection of Wii themed mini games would inevitably feel too unfocused and, in the end, not too fun.  Instead I will be making a NES Super Mario Cart game in the style of RC Pro-Am.  My brother came up with the unusual name.  He thought mixing the names of Doki Doki Panic and Mario Cart together might be funny -- I'm not yet convinced.

FORMER POST:

I decided that I will not try to tackle a demake of a game ... but instead a demake of AN ENTIRE CONSOLE!  I plan to create a Wii-like console with a small collection of mini-games at approximately SNES specifications, though I will not be too strict about it.

Potential Games and Apps:
  • Mhee Promenade
  • Nobody Vetos
  • Whee Athletics
  • Weirdo Soft: Slick Motions
  • The Mythology of Adlez: Dusk Royal Highness
  • etc.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 05:58:26 AM by ArmchairArmada » Logged
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »

o.o Certainly interesting. I'm eager to see what you can come up with.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 07:59:45 PM »

Ambitious, to say the least. Good luck!

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 08:32:33 PM »

Mouse driven, or will you be using the wiimote bluetooth drivers? Smiley

ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 08:44:51 PM »

Perhaps it may be a bit ambitious, if you factor in the mini games.  I actually haven't really finalized my decision on what to make, but unless I can think of some specific game I would rather do instead, I will go ahead and attempt this.  

I had used DevKitAdvanced a little years ago, so I was sort of toying with the idea of actually making something that runs in an emulator, but there's a part of me that would also really like to have the flexibility and speed of development Python provides.  A real Gameboy Advance game will require much more time and effort to produce with much stricter of limitations.

One of my greatest concerns, though, is that Ludum Dare #12 will be beginning in a week and I had an even more ambitious idea for what I might attempt to accomplish in those 48 hours.  We'll have to see if one competition doesn't interfere too greatly with the other.

I will not be using a Wiimote, since my computer doesn't have any Bluetooth capabilities.  Most likely I will go with mouse or just keyboard/joytstick, since it is suppose to be SNES or GBA.
ArmchairArmada
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 06:02:23 AM »

I decided to change my idea to a NES Mario Cart in the style of RC Pro-AM, as the first post now mentions.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic