Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:31:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNobu: Fat Revenge!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Author Topic: Nobu: Fat Revenge!  (Read 39016 times)
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »

Alpha key is now invalid, yes?
I thought I had a key for the full game, heh. Tongue

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2015, 01:24:49 PM »

Alpha key is now invalid, yes?
I thought I had a key for the full game, heh. Tongue

You have to excuse me but i didn't understand what you mean Sad

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2015, 04:07:01 PM »

I tried to redeem the Desura key, but it is now invalid, but I was convinced that the itch.io key was for the full game. Tongue

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2015, 08:06:08 PM »

I tried to redeem the Desura key, but it is now invalid, but I was convinced that the itch.io key was for the full game. Tongue

EDIT : problem was resolved Smiley

ps: ALL VERSIONS ARE THE SAME (DESURA, ITCH.IO, INDIEGAMESTAND, HUMBLE). YOU'LL GET ALL THE UPDATES, INCLUDING THE FINAL VERSION Smiley
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:18:39 AM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2015, 11:45:14 AM »

Today i've uploaded the first update/patch to almost every digital platform the game is in :

- Dash move added. The player can now do a quick dash do either side by pressing Q (left) or E(right)
 - Burned animation added. Visual queue that says the player has been hurt by any flame.
 - Village boss exploits fixed.
 - The player can now fall down from platforms by douple tapping the down button (Down + Jump still an option)
 - 3rd level final part design fixed. Now it should be easier to see where the player can or cannot jump to.
 - Credits now only play the first time the player dies (still plays everytime the player clears the stage).
 - Saves now take into consideration the current build version so the player doesn't have to delete the files
   everytime the game is updated.
 - Game icon changed.
 - Installer now says the current version
 - Other bugs/glitches fixed.

You can download this version on Desura, IndieGameStand and Itchio. Humble is waiting for approval.
I've also made an mcf file for the Desura version so now if you have an account there, just like steam, the game will update automatically and you just need to play and enjoy.

Btw guys, #AGDQ2015 is live, go watch them and support the cause, it's such a great event!
http://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Beer!

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2015, 08:15:46 AM »

Hey hey,

Weekly update coming a little early this time.
Since monday, i've been trying to figure out a style and method of doing the assets for the new stage i'm working on.
After looking at some Final Fantasy concept art, i had an idea, tried it and crazy enough, it worked.

Here's a small concept art for the new stage :

By creating and stacking blocks of rocks, i can easily replicate that mountain look with "random" structures but still using the same assets. (for example, the concept art above, only uses 4 different rocks but it looks like it has 10 or 12 types)
I'm pretty happy with it, it took me less time than i thought it would to come with this idea (not new but hey Tongue ).
From now on, i should be able to do the levels and the other assets much quicker than it took to make the first stage that is on the alpha build.

Till next week
 Coffee

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: January 23, 2015, 01:52:21 PM »

Yesterday i made some progress and streamed it on twitch. Here's the result :

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2015, 03:42:04 AM »

1 month since i posted here, oh boy.
This month has not been great, flu and other problems prevented me from posting updates anywhere, but that will change today!

I've released the second gameplay trailer, showcasing some features of the most recent build (version 1.0.1).

Youtube link -

Enjoy Coffee

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2015, 09:19:08 AM »

Second announcement today.
"Nobu: Fat Revenge! is on "Remute5 groupees bundle" Smiley

If you care to take a look and support Soles4Souls, here's the link - https://groupees.com/remute5

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2015, 11:43:48 AM »

After a month or so working on a stage idea, i changed it and started making super quick progress on this new stage.

I've decided to test what i have so far and play in the editor with the assets and the above image was the result of it.

In-editor concept art for the 1st stage, with contrast and shadows added in photoshop. The editor is fully capable of doing both things, but since i just wanted to make a concept out of it, i made the changes in ps.
The lack of particles, lights, etc is, again, explainned with the fact that this is simply a concept art.

What do you guys think of the first try? This will massively improve but i think it has some personality already.

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2015, 08:07:38 AM »

Since i've sent the first alpha build to friends and family and then put it on sale, the main complaint i hear is that bullets, enemies and anything else that wants/can to kill you, are hard to see.
I knew i could fix it, i just didn't know how. I knew i had to mess with the shaders and probabily (but hoping that it wasn't the case) change the entire draw order of things (render targets, objects, etc).

Yesterday i started messing with the shaders and after 30 minutes, i was able to make individual assets (and every other object, entity, etc) self-lit.
Today i cleaned the code, made some other changes and i can now, not only make every object self-lit but i can simulate bloom without having to code the actual bloom part (it saves tons of performance buy not having to do this).

Here's a gif (poor quality and it's in the editor) showcasing the self-lit property and simulated bloom effect.

Till next update, have a nice weekend everyone  Beer!

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2015, 02:06:53 PM »

Cool stuff, hombre. Keep at it!

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2015, 03:21:25 PM »

Cool stuff, hombre. Keep at it!

Thanks eyeliner!
I really hope this new change helps players to better see all the dangerous things in this game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:21:23 AM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2015, 12:24:03 PM »

Sooo, after making the "self-lit" shader option in the editor, i decided to test it in-game and unfortunatly, it had some major problems.

Xna has a thingy where if you are working in "reach profile" (profile that lacks some features but makes the game playable on older machines), you can't save the depth-buffer from Render-target to Render-target (please, correct me on this if i'm wrong).
If i was working in "high-def profile" i could use multiple-RT and keep the z-ordering between RT.

To work around this problem and still have the game run on older machines with all this shaders on top, i've used a method that @Daseyb uses of creating a depth-buffer.
This method has been working great for everything so far, but yesterday i came across a problem that could only be fixed by having a second depth map for all the entities and particles in the game.

As you can see in this image, the problem of having only 1 depth map, is that although i set the depth correctly for every object in the game, the order is not detected and causes what you see inside the circle.
Instead of lighting up only the player (in this case), it lights up the tree in front of him aswell. I could work around this by making the tree semi transparent but for this game i don't want to make things fade in/out.

This image shows both depths maps that i use to make the character unlit or lit correctly. This wouldn't be possible with only 1 depth map.

Not only that, but that the objects in front of the character don't light up when the self-lit entity/object is behind it.
Left image only used 1 depth map, causing the tree to light itself up, while the right image, by using 2 depth maps, works like intended.

I thought i'd post this to anyone who's interested on what's going on behind the process of making this stuff work.
I don't talk about the technical stuff, only what matters, to keep yours and mine sanity up Tongue

Gentleman
Till next update

ps: sorry for any mispelling, i'm tired and i can't think straight, let alone write ahah
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 12:29:36 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2015, 12:27:04 PM »

Today i decided to change the logo i use to watermark images or just to share stuff.

Just to make sure, which one do you guys prefer? (the new version is the top one, nº1)

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2015, 01:50:38 PM »

Having to work for a company for 2 months till ends of May has made the progress on this game come to a halt.
Still, last week, thanks to Easter Holiday, i was able to work on the editor some more and here's the results of it.

(click for larger version)

Till next update  Beer!

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2015, 03:54:47 PM »

After an entire day fixing a float precision bug in a shader, i added 2 sliders to control the brightness and saturation and a check box to reverse the effect (so close objects are less saturated and brighter) and i can change the distance range on which the shader applies both effects.

From now on, i can focus solely on making the levels for this stage without having to worry about adding or changing something in the editor. It's going to feel good Smiley

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »

Today i decided to risk it all and put "Nobu: Fat Revenge!" on Greenlight! Beg

A thumbs up would mean alot to me! If you guys find it interesting and want to spend 1 minute voting, i'd really appreciate :D

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423375113

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: April 14, 2015, 09:35:36 AM »

Not much done last couple of days. Had to write some press emails and constantly update the Greenlight thread but today i started (finally!) working on the levels for this new stage.
The editor has been working like intended and making levels have never been this easy and fun. I should show some parts really soon Smiley

In the meantime, if you could stop by the GreenLight page and vote on me, that would be amazing!  Tears of Joy

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=423375113

Gentleman

eyeliner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2015, 11:44:02 AM »

Congrats, yo. It was my vote that made you Greenlit. :D

Yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Print
Jump to: