Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 06:41:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNobu: Fat Revenge!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: Nobu: Fat Revenge!  (Read 39015 times)
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2013, 03:26:12 AM »

In-game screenshot, thankyouverymuchogrande.

Yeah.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2013, 11:15:12 PM »

It has been forever since my last post but today i bring you some updates for you :

- Prop editor enhanced and finished (for now).
- First batch of props animated and tested in-game.
- Prop system improved and finished (for now).
- Finished recoloring the new version of nobu, now there's 7 colors to choose from.
- AI system re-worked from scratch.
- Halfway done with the new enemy behaviours.
- Bug fixes and other details that i can't remember.

Here's my contribution to Saturday's Screenshot :

This .gif shows a new behaviour that i'm testing out. Basically the enemy can have a line-of-sight if i choose too and when he sees the player, it reacts and ducks to then suicide and leave something like a bomb and a mine, tricking the player.

I hope with this new behaviours, this game becames a much better game, more difficult and fun too. Players will have to learn and then react to each enemy differently to prevent dying off course Tongue

First playable build could be released next month if the tests go well,
Till next update  Coffee
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 11:21:50 PM by KopanoGS » Logged

i.i
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2013, 07:46:07 AM »

I really like the zooming out effect as you climb higher in altitude. Very neat.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2013, 10:33:44 AM »

I really like the zooming out effect as you climb higher in altitude. Very neat.

Cheers  Beer!

The idea is to have the ground always on sight aswell as the 2º player, in case you play the coop mode plus, it gives a nice effect and when full zoomed out you can "study" your path before hand Smiley

i.i
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »

Wow, that is a really good idea. You could add some tall buildings, specifically for planning, before especially difficult parts of the level.

edit: maybe have some sniper-like enemies that would be off-screen and unnoticed otherwise.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2013, 02:10:14 PM »

Wow, that is a really good idea. You could add some tall buildings, specifically for planning, before especially difficult parts of the level.

edit: maybe have some sniper-like enemies that would be off-screen and unnoticed otherwise.

Yeah, there are 2 stages that will have tall structures to take advantage of this camera Smiley

I like that idea, play with the off-screen area. I've saved that idea to test it later Wink

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2013, 12:31:25 PM »

Today's update :

- Super simple wake up animation for the enemies.
- More behaviours done.
- Started doing animations for animals and decorations to make each level more alive and fun.
Again, spare me because i'm not an artist, hence the silluete ahah

Good weekend to everyone Gentleman

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »

I'm here to deliver another quick update to you all  Smiley

- Possibility of destroying ammo boxes aswell as touching them (little homage to Contra, again)

- New physics class implemented. Made from scratch, i tried to implement a simple physics engine that would let me apply gravity, acceleration, drag, etc to every entitie in the game, including bullets, particles, etc.
- Collision detection option to every entitie, again, includes bullets and particles.
- Redone almost every asset to match the new character style (more anime-like instead of a cartoon look)
- Started implementing shaders such as distortion, deferred lighting.

Quick demonstration :

By applying different gravity forces and vertical/horizontal accelerations, i can get a nice, smooth curve plus a bounce effect when the bullet hits the ground.

With this new physics class, i've the possibility to create more weapons and enemy types that i couldn't before.

Till next update  My Word!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 10:46:01 AM by Tiago Araújo » Logged

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »

I like that smoke puff when he fires.

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2013, 02:22:23 PM »

I like that smoke puff when he fires.

Cheers.

I have to thank Pow Studio for the pack of effects they made (this one is included).
I have tons of effects but the ones that get the compliments are the ones made by them.

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2013, 01:12:51 AM »

Today's update :

(colors are messed up, blame photoshop for this)

Showing off :
 - weather system prototype.
 - new hanged papers animations.
 - wall decals (dirt, cracks)
 - etc

Gentleman
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:13:43 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2014, 10:54:44 AM »

Hey everyone,

First of all, happy 2014 to you all, lets continue to make great games!

This post will be brief, you can read more on our blog but in short, we've changed our studio's name from "Kopano Game Studio" to "Binary Pig Studio" and to go along with the name change, we have a new website, blog and twitter account.

Official website : www.binarypigstudio.com
Blog : www.binarypigstudio.blogspot.com
Twitter : @BinaryPigStudio
Youtube : Binary Pig Studio, youtube
Desura, IndieDB and ModDb :

- http://www.desura.com/games/nobu-fat-revenge
    - http://www.moddb.com/games/nobu-fat-revenge
    - http://www.indiedb.com/games/nobu-fat-revenge/

So, follow us on Twitter, continue to check this devlog and hop to our blog from time to time for some heavy reading!

Have a great one,
Tiago from Binary Pig Studio

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2014, 09:53:34 AM »

Hey hey,

Yesterday i've implemented an auto-fill tool to my level editor that allows me to select any asset i want and randomly place it on the map every .5f second just by pressing the left buttom. (Best tool every!  Kiss)

Here's the first sneak peek of the new stage i'm currently working on(2h of work, still needs lots of stuff done).
I used the new tool to make this unfinished level and i can already tell it will save me tons of time (it took me 15m to place all the assets and without the tool, it would take around a day or so...)

Hope you guys enjoy it, till next time,
Tiago from BinaryPig

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2014, 01:13:05 PM »

Yesterday after Seahawks destroyed Broncos, i worked on making the new shader function in everythin i wanted.

To do this, i changed the way i draw everything in the game from deferred to accepting z-order values.
Took some time but now i have tons of freedom to put stuff in the order i want and even change the order on the fly which is handy.

The shader has been quickly tested and here's a .gif showing it in action. Shockwave (shader in work) on top of the animated explosion :

Coffee
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:14:12 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2014, 01:50:38 AM »

After i successfully fixed a render target bug when changing resolutions, i started having some fun with the shader effects. Last gif was all about refraction, today, i'll show a haze effect with this .gif:

Feel free to comment, give suggestions or ask any questions  Gentleman

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2014, 01:22:25 PM »

Yo, I just wanted to show up and say that the improvement over the years that you've been working on this is really great! That distortion and heat wave shader is awesome! Keep it up!

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2014, 11:20:44 AM »

Yo, I just wanted to show up and say that the improvement over the years that you've been working on this is really great! That distortion and heat wave shader is awesome! Keep it up!

Thank you very much!  Grin
Much appreciated. When someone notices the changes over time, there's nothing better than that.

And to keep up, here's a new feature :

Cliche joke but i had to and i'll explain why.

Although the back flip is fun to watch and gives a dramatic effect when performing a double jump in high places, this doesn't apply to small jumps (for example, when you're on the ground and jump up to a roof or other platform).
The animation is stopped halfway through most of the times or it ends just in time for landing. It feels wrong and looks wrong.
So, to fix that, i've implemented a second double jump (the one you see above).

This jump not only has a faster animation but it only activates on small jumps.

So, you have the back flip double jump for high/long jumps and the fart double jump for small distances.

Another great thing about this double jump, is that if you time the fart correctly, if the cloud hits an enemy, it will kill him.

That's it for today, again SolarLune, much appreciated!
Tiago from BP
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 08:14:30 PM by Tiago_BinaryPig » Logged

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm streaming every day i can, since yesterday, on twitch.
If you want to come and say hi, you're more than welcome.

Just making levels and testing them so you can see how the game is made, essencially Smiley

http://www.twitch.tv/tiago_binarypig

Gentleman

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »

This weekend, after working on the last level for stage 3, i started messing around with mini-boss concepts.

Here's the first concept :

Essencially, it's a statue that comes to life, as it walks, it leaves a trail of rocks and dust. Moves will work around the two blades and the fact that it's a heavy rock.

I'm a programmer btw, be gentle ahah.  Beg

Tiago_BinaryPig
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2014, 01:29:17 AM »

Today i finished the mini boss artstyle and details, started doing the moves for him.
Here's a sneak peek at one of his moves :

I'm loving making moves for this little fellow, so far i have 4 and i think i'll make 1 or 2 more. For a mini-boss, 6 moves is more than enough Smiley

What do you guys think? I see the view count go up but no replies.
If you find anything wrong with this thread let me know. I'm all up for comments (negative or positive)  Coffee

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic