Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 10:33:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOffspring Fling! Level Editor + 20% off on Steam!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Offspring Fling! Level Editor + 20% off on Steam!  (Read 10831 times)
ChevyRay
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »

Man, so happy that you finally pulled this together.

I foresee many-a-gamer playing and loving this, and hope for it!

Thanks bro!  I couldn't have done it without you!  Wizard

I KNOW. mwahaha Noir
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »

Just checked out the trailer and the gameplay looks awesome, nice job with it  Gentleman

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2012, 12:24:38 PM »

Hey thanks!

HERE'S AN UPDATE EVERYONE!!!!!

Also check out the soundtrack preview, RIGHT HERE.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2012, 10:07:32 PM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

brettchalupa
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »

It's out now and great. :D

http://retroaffect.com/offspringfling/
wademcgillis
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 11:04:53 AM »

https://twitter.com/#!/wademcgillis/status/185798557847134209

On twitter only. Please do not start guessing here.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »

YEAH!  It's out on http://offspringfling.com

Get it before notch blows up the server again.

Also how do you guys put that "DONE" icon next to your post?  What the eff!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 11:56:18 AM »

Edit the first post in the thread

Congrats on finishing the game! Hopefully soon I'll be able to pick it up.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 12:04:26 PM »

Announcements doesn't have a 'DONE' icon. Only DevLogs can be done.

___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »

Ohh... so through some sort of witchcraft they moved their dev log thread to the announcement forum.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2012, 02:31:34 PM »

OH AND HAVE SOME FREE COPIES.

http://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=47Tazwn3ERwv
http://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=vNbGWbbZqm7p
http://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=yB8qzDYGrzSd
http://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=6r7Yy6xMYE5W
http://www.humblebundle.com/s?gift=fseBXRDbnNX2

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 09:36:58 AM by xerus » Logged
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »

Thanks! I think I snagged the last one. I really like it! I'll be sure to recommend it to my friends.

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2012, 04:18:42 PM »

I was lucky enough to grab a free copy.  I hope you are putting together a demo version, though!  Demo versions are cool, all the cool kids are doing it >_>

Some feedback:

I like the main game mechanic, it's pretty fun.  The art style is ridiculously cute.  It's not often an indie game can pull off a cute art style without looking like it's overdoing it, but this is genuinely cute.

The game uses quite a lot of CPU when double-sized, even with the game set to the simplest graphics settings.  In-game it's using 9-10% of my Core i7 920.  That's almost a whole core (12.5%).  Strangely during the level select, it uses even more, around 23%.

Game doesn't save your options when you quit.  Don't know if this is because I'm qutting by clicking the X button on the game window or not, or if it just doesn't save options.

Hold the Door: It's not entirely obvious, even from the puzzle's title, that you can place a baby on the disappearing/reappearing blocks and push the switch to stop the block from reappearing.  I assumed the reappearing block would destroy whatever is currently occupying the empty space.  I thought the puzzle had something to do with putting the baby on the switch, which ended up being Hold it Down ..

Pick Up: Having to do the technique where you drop the baby onto the ledge while mid-air 4 times in a row is a bit excessive, IMO.  Especially since it's hard to change directions while mid-air.  It's hard enough to pull off the first time.  Unless there's a much simpler way to get the babies down there, and I'm just doing it wrong.  I think having to do it twice is enough.

Edit: From watching the trailer I figured out you can carry multiple babies, so I guess that cuts down the number of times you have to do it.  Still, I shouldn't have to watch the trailer to learn this is possible .. lol

More feedback later.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 04:25:51 PM by Udderdude » Logged
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »

I was lucky enough to grab a free copy.  I hope you are putting together a demo version, though!  Demo versions are cool, all the cool kids are doing it >_>

Some feedback:

I like the main game mechanic, it's pretty fun.  The art style is ridiculously cute.  It's not often an indie game can pull off a cute art style without looking like it's overdoing it, but this is genuinely cute.

The game uses quite a lot of CPU when double-sized, even with the game set to the simplest graphics settings.  In-game it's using 9-10% of my Core i7 920.  That's almost a whole core (12.5%).  Strangely during the level select, it uses even more, around 23%.

Game doesn't save your options when you quit.  Don't know if this is because I'm qutting by clicking the X button on the game window or not, or if it just doesn't save options.

Hold the Door: It's not entirely obvious, even from the puzzle's title, that you can place a baby on the disappearing/reappearing blocks and push the switch to stop the block from reappearing.  I assumed the reappearing block would destroy whatever is currently occupying the empty space.  I thought the puzzle had something to do with putting the baby on the switch, which ended up being Hold it Down ..

Pick Up: Having to do the technique where you drop the baby onto the ledge while mid-air 4 times in a row is a bit excessive, IMO.  Especially since it's hard to change directions while mid-air.  It's hard enough to pull off the first time.  Unless there's a much simpler way to get the babies down there, and I'm just doing it wrong.  I think having to do it twice is enough.

Edit: From watching the trailer I figured out you can carry multiple babies, so I guess that cuts down the number of times you have to do it.

More feedback later.

There will be a demo at some point, yup!

Unfortunately all I can do is blame Flash for the CPU usage, it's pretty normal for it to use that much since there's no help from the GPU.

Right now the game doesn't save your screen setting when you quit.  I guess this was more of a personal choice on my part because I don't like it when games launch fullscreen, but I can fix that in a future update if its annoying people.

Hold the Door is indeed pretty weird, but I ended up liking it in the end because most play testers started out totally confused, but once they figured it out they really liked the level, so I left it as is.  It's interesting because people just assume that the kid will die if they're in the block when it reappears because so many other games would've applied that rule Smiley

Pick Up.  You don't have to do what you did to beat that level, there is a much less annoying way to do it! Oh yeah, I see from your edit, yeah you can totally pick up as many as you can carry.  Couldn't quite figure out how to force players to figure that out, and I hoped that in the "Intro" level wouldn't figure out how to throw babies until the next level Grin

Thanks for the feedback!
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2012, 07:04:58 AM »

So I broke out my SECRET WEAPON this morning (spoilers: It's a Saturn pad hooked up to a USB adapter) and managed to get past Pick Up on my first try.  It was much, much harder on a keyboard.

The levels after that are actually much easier until the next tier of level difficulty, so I'm not entirely sure having something that difficult in the middle of those easier levels is a good idea.  Also, not everyone is going to have a USB Saturn pad to bust out and use .. :p

I think your game may have a missing font issue.  I noticed this font everywhere, which I think is the default font Flash uses when it can't find a font.  Apologies if I'm wrong and this is the font you intended to use .. http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/possiblyWrongFont.png
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »

This is one of the best puzzle platformers that I've played in a very long time. Great job!

___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 06:23:57 PM »

So I broke out my SECRET WEAPON this morning (spoilers: It's a Saturn pad hooked up to a USB adapter) and managed to get past Pick Up on my first try.  It was much, much harder on a keyboard.

The levels after that are actually much easier until the next tier of level difficulty, so I'm not entirely sure having something that difficult in the middle of those easier levels is a good idea.  Also, not everyone is going to have a USB Saturn pad to bust out and use .. :p

I think your game may have a missing font issue.  I noticed this font everywhere, which I think is the default font Flash uses when it can't find a font.  Apologies if I'm wrong and this is the font you intended to use .. http://rydia.net/udder/!crap/possiblyWrongFont.png

Haha nice!  I'm looking into getting native controller support in the next version but I cant promise anything due to how weird AIR is.  I'm actually way better at games with the keyboard but I'm weird like that.

And the font is fine ;p  I chose a pretty normal looking font for the menus, it's not supposed to be anything fancy.

This is one of the best puzzle platformers that I've played in a very long time. Great job!

Gentleman
PsySal
Level 8

Yaay!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2012, 06:29:58 PM »

I haven't picked this up just yet but will as soon as I have time. Major congrats, I think you are going to kill it with this Mr. Pulver. Also: the art style is absolutely perfect. You already know it but your art is so, so juicy.

EDIT: The fuck I have no idea what happened here I don't talk like that in real life. Anyways AWESOME and CONGRATS, can't wait to play.
___
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »

I haven't picked this up just yet but will as soon as I have time. Major congrats, I think you are going to kill it with this Mr. Pulver. Also: the art style is absolutely perfect. You already know it but your art is so, so juicy.

EDIT: The fuck I have no idea what happened here I don't talk like that in real life. Anyways AWESOME and CONGRATS, can't wait to play.

Hahah I love this post so much.  Beer!
JamesLeonardo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 03:29:49 AM »

Ooo I've heard of this game from Egoraptor- and just playing the demo was amazing.
I can tell this is one of those well thought out games that the creator puts a lot of effort into making. When I'm not broke Crazy , I'll be sure to get it!

I love the Super Nintendo-esk box art btw.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic