Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:41:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl - Dwarf from Dwarf Fortress
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl - Dwarf from Dwarf Fortress  (Read 105621 times)
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2008, 06:16:29 PM »

I vote for number 5 with 4's beard and a recolored nose
Hey, I actually like that a lot Smiley.

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »

I vote for #2 with #4's beard. But they're all great.
slapped that together (with the smiley because it's awesome)
I like 5 (with 4's beard) best because he looks the most aggresive there
godsavant
« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2008, 07:27:44 PM »

Wow, these are all so good!   WTF We should definitely have a "Making of" bio.
cyber95
Level 5

The Computer is your friend.

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2008, 07:33:33 PM »

Wow, these are all so good!   WTF We should definitely have a "Making of" bio.
Ah, we'll just publish all of the Indie Brawl related threads as a book unedited. That should work fine.

Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 15, 2008, 08:18:07 PM »

took #6 according to Inane's post and added an outline to his beard and recolored some bits. removed the kneepads and tried to simplify some of the shadings, because to be honest the dwarf looks a little overly detailed when compared to some of the other sprites
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:00:20 AM by Yigguth » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2008, 09:07:52 PM »

This quest for the perfect dwarf is reaching high levels of awesomeness.
You should keep all the designs to create supporting characters, maybe a special power that would unleash an army of dwarves or sthg.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2008, 12:16:01 AM »

took #6 according to Inane's post and added an outline to his beard and recolored some bits. removed the kneepads and tried to simplify some of the shadings, because to be honest the dwarf looks a little overly detailed when compared to some of the other sprites

awesome!  Kiss

All armored dwarves so far:

omg we can do an army of dwarves for a castle crasher like beat-em-up now  :D

was really a pleasure working with you all guys Wink
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 12:21:25 AM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Seth
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2008, 02:10:01 AM »

I like number 4 personally
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2008, 03:58:43 AM »

Beard-wise, I very much prefer the first three, that is, those where the beard splits up into two, erm, dangly bits. Undecided (Damn what do you call them?) Looks heaps more awesome.
medieval
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2008, 04:02:20 AM »

I'm for number two
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2008, 04:02:44 AM »

#2 is my favorite, followed by #7
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2008, 05:34:45 AM »

number two is the worst shaded :\ i'm gonna think you guys have strange monitor settings.. the body is just fine but the elm and the bear arent so great

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 16, 2008, 05:42:14 AM »

Let me put it this way: #1 is my favorite, but no one else is voting for it. #2 is the one that looks most like #2. I really don't see why extra colors is a big deal, and I have no clue why we would actively seek to reduce color count and quality just to keep in a "style". I mean, Naija may only have 12 colors, but those are different colors from the ones the dwarf has. We're going to end up with a total of much more than 12 colors, so I don't see why everybody thinks it's such an enormous deal.

so, #1
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2008, 05:51:01 AM »

Let me put it this way: #1 is my favorite, but no one else is voting for it. #2 is the one that looks most like #2. I really don't see why extra colors is a big deal, and I have no clue why we would actively seek to reduce color count and quality just to keep in a "style". I mean, Naija may only have 12 colors, but those are different colors from the ones the dwarf has. We're going to end up with a total of much more than 12 colors, so I don't see why everybody thinks it's such an enormous deal.

so, #1

I agree...

anyway, i mixed up all the stuff that i like, changed the horns mixing mine with #5 one plus adding an armband to have a nicer fade between the hand and the blue of the vest... keeping the #2 palette

call him number 9.

medieval
« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2008, 06:44:48 AM »

I vote #9 Cool
Seth
« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2008, 08:51:30 AM »

I really don't see why extra colors is a big deal, and I have no clue why we would actively seek to reduce color count and quality just to keep in a "style".

Fewer colors does not mean less quality, and sprites with fewer colors are less of a pain in the ass to animate, plain and simple.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2008, 10:36:31 AM »

Mmkay, I'm no artist. Whatever you say works for me WTF

At any rate #9
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2008, 11:37:36 PM »

#9 is a werewolf am love

Corpus
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2008, 05:10:47 AM »

I really don't see why extra colors is a big deal, and I have no clue why we would actively seek to reduce color count and quality just to keep in a "style".

Well, because the style we're working with is very effective and because the sprites all need to adhere to that style for the game to have even a vague appearance of polish.

I like #9, but the detail on the horns seems too bold. I vote for #8; the horn details are more subtle, and the beard more well-defined. Also, I think that the existence of a mouth gives it more character.

I also think that the dwarf really needs to have a red or, at least, pinky-looking nose. They're hard drinkers, and their complexions should reflect that. That's another thing #8 has going for it.
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »

Will this character be represented by ASCII?

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic