Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 06:33:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnder the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Under the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!  (Read 65402 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

It should be up there now, atleast the link to Chris's twitter?  If not ill hunt down Mike  Cheesy

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2012, 05:49:46 AM »

Is there any chance a multiplayer co-op will be implemented somewhere in the future?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2012, 06:00:41 AM »

Depends, if its popular for sure, id love to see more than the barebones features in it, but at this stage we are pretty much struggling to get this thing on the road with the most basic stuff (Mike and I are both trying to get some $ together to go fulltime on this) , so I guess maybe would be the answer?

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2012, 06:16:25 AM »

Depends, if its popular for sure, id love to see more than the barebones features in it, but at this stage we are pretty much struggling to get this thing on the road with the most basic stuff (Mike and I are both trying to get some $ together to go fulltime on this) , so I guess maybe would be the answer?

I'm sure that when it goes beta release you'll have a lot more interest in it, especially when videos and word starts pouring out.
JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2012, 09:27:46 AM »

Know when we can expect another devblog video?
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »

Dont think it's on the website yet, but I am doing the sound design and music for UTO Smiley

You are mentioned in the Super Golden Bear Edition as the creator of the limited edition soundtrack.

Yep see that now, win.  Cool

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »

Know when we can expect another devblog video?

The weekend for sure, probably around Sunday if we don't hit any roadblocks.

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2012, 02:13:30 AM »

Yeah, one of the things about UTG that got to me was how much time I spent in the tiny shelter areas during bad weather without a whole lot going on until the storms subsided. In UTO, are you just gonna have to weather the weather? Or are there going to be things you can keep yourself occupied with during then?

Recs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2012, 02:41:25 AM »

is there any chance of a linux build down the line?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2012, 06:14:58 AM »

is there any chance of a linux build down the line?

Its written in Unity so its entirely out of our hands, but hopefully.  Ive been pretty slack updating last few days, so here's some screenshots:

Updated Beach Tileset

New Cave Tileset

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2012, 06:23:15 AM »

The cave tileset looks a bit weaker to me, though the beach is absolutely gorgeous and hard to compete with.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2012, 06:27:32 AM »

The cave tileset looks a bit weaker to me, though the beach is absolutely gorgeous and hard to compete with.

Yea the cave still has a little dev time to go, it should be done for the dev video this weekend for sure.  Those black blobs on the ground still need to be replaced with some sort of rubble pile or something, and some general cleanup/lighting.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:32:45 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Wasserstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 16, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »

Do you plan to make the night time really dark? That you even need a light source when youre not in caves?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: March 17, 2012, 08:30:03 AM »

Do you plan to make the night time really dark? That you even need a light source when youre not in caves?

Shit yea, most definitely, though it really depends on a few things at this stage, there will be some sort of night visibility though.  No video this weekend guys, we were hoping to have the boar in and the new building system to show off but its not quite there yet.  It will be worth the wait though, its a LOT better than the original, like, crazy amounts better than the original.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 08:36:59 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2012, 08:30:14 AM »

Will we be able to light sticks on fire and use them as torches? Lanterns? Something like that?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »

Will we be able to light sticks on fire and use them as torches? Lanterns? Something like that?

You already can Grin

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2012, 11:52:58 AM »

This game needs to be released at once!
Magnesium Ninja
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »

Liking the new cave tileset, but it feels too bright, I think the background is more of a problem than the ground, which looks very nice  Smiley

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »

The email address I paid/donated with is not the email address I use anymore. I don't receive mail there. So what should I do about that?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: March 21, 2012, 09:06:11 AM »

The email address I paid/donated with is not the email address I use anymore. I don't receive mail there. So what should I do about that?

Just hit me up on [email protected] and ill swap it for you bro.  Thanks for supporting the project  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic