Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:33:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnder the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Under the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!  (Read 65358 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »

Bit of an update as I haven't really posted a update in quite a while- we are working pretty hard to get the first playable together pretty shortly - just finished up all the animals and injuries and clothing right now, im moving on to doing level polish pretty much from tomorrow.  Mike has been doing UI stuff most of the week and Chris is starting to add the sound effects to the game as we speak, so its starting to come together, I think we should have something bordering on playable in a week or so with any luck....  

Ocid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 13, 2012, 08:47:44 AM »

[Total Boss Screenshots]

Bit of an update as I haven't really posted a update in quite a while- we are working pretty hard to get the first playable together pretty shortly - just finished up all the animals and injuries and clothing right now, im moving on to doing level polish pretty much from tomorrow.  Mike has been doing UI stuff most of the week and Chris is starting to add the sound effects to the game as we speak, so its starting to come together, I think we should have something bordering on playable in a week or so with any luck....  

Looking really nice. Love the one with the shark in it.

I've kinda got one question though. Since you guys mentioned you're using Unity to make Under the Ocean. What kind of approach are you using to make the game? Are you going with the sort of component based approach using the inspector or along the lines of what the guys from gamesfoundry posted here.

I'll probably find out tomorrow when I go to check some of the livestreaming stuff you've done but I was just curious either way.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: May 13, 2012, 07:26:00 PM »

[Total Boss Screenshots]

Looking really nice. Love the one with the shark in it.

I've kinda got one question though. Since you guys mentioned you're using Unity to make Under the Ocean. What kind of approach are you using to make the game? Are you going with the sort of component based approach using the inspector or along the lines of what the guys from gamesfoundry posted here.

I'll probably find out tomorrow when I go to check some of the livestreaming stuff you've done but I was just curious either way.

We are doing our best to avoid the component based approach as much as possible - it seems the really only right way to do it for this game.  Livestream maybe up tomorrow but we are leaving it down for today while we are crunching.  Im sure when the livestream is back up Mike would be more than happy to give you a Unity rant  Cheesy

Wasserstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »

This looks beautiful.
Stry8993
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2012, 11:50:48 PM »

Hey, bought it quite a while ago, decided to hop on the Forums and tell you that I'm very stoked.

So... I'm... very stoked  Giggle

Seriously though, I can't wait. Its look really great.
Gentleman Owl
Level 0

Nautilus People

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2012, 12:42:44 PM »

Beautiful! Love the character design as well.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2012, 06:29:08 AM »

Cheers guys!  Bit of a update, as usual I don't post here as often as I should, Mike has been working on the inventory this week (and the UI stuff down the bottom), I have been toying with level lighting and started to do some backdrop details this week - going a bit slower than I thought - just finished up a container ship, will be moving onto the cave backgrounds pretty soon and just spending my time adding some one off details to the first island...  Livestream has been down for about a week now, but we are putting it back up tomorrow.

The background system has its faults at the moment with the transitions so I am going to blending caves to beach with the brute force approach for now, lots of mid-ground objects to mask the transition, expect some more pics in a day or so.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 06:36:06 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2012, 06:41:10 AM »

Loving that new screenshot and good to hear the livestream will be coming back up. Every time I go check it lately it's down so was wondering.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2012, 06:51:04 AM »

Loving that new screenshot and good to hear the livestream will be coming back up. Every time I go check it lately it's down so was wondering.

Oh all good, yea we had some downtime this week so figured just grind without the livestream for a bit.  Here's what I'm doing on the caves at the moment, super WIP.  Ignore the density of rain, Mike needs to fix that for caves.  Talk on live-stream tomorrow.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:37 AM »

I need to check that live-stream more often, this game is looking awesome :D

bray321221
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »

Um... when are we supposed to get this alpha version? I want. Just give me what you used in the demos and I'll be happy.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2012, 06:31:25 PM »

Um... when are we supposed to get this alpha version? I want. Just give me what you used in the demos and I'll be happy.

Not too far now, whenever it hits a "basic but fun" level, the last major feature for first alpha was done yesterday so we are just cleaning up now and doing some required stuff before sending it out (Wiki/polish/etc)

Nextil
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 29, 2012, 07:56:45 AM »

The game's looking incredible. Instantly pre-ordered when it was posted to reddit a few months ago. Is there any update regarding the alpha? I should really watch the live stream but I keep forgetting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:05:57 AM by Nextil » Logged
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: May 30, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »

I can tell you now, that these guys have been working non stop on this, and if they could have it out sooner they would, i see them online from morning to sunset every day, working away. I'm surprised their mental states have not declined into a pit of madness.

Keep the faith, UTO is sweeeeet!

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 30, 2012, 06:25:20 PM »

How many more weeks?
Cellusious Games
Level 0

Meows. Pixels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

https://twitter.com/Cellusious - Pixel Artist - Concept Artist - 3D modeler - Wannabe Coder - Wannabe Musician.
squigy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 03, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »

got bored at work....1bit art ftw

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2012, 04:16:31 AM »

Awesome art guys  Beer!  Been doing UI and items pretty heavily last week, and rocks, lots of rocks.  Sort of entering the polish/cleanup phase now for art, while Mike is finishing up all the item interaction stuff, can't wait for first alpha myself.  Here's my contribution to the art:

Its probably a little big.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:51:20 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

RottenHedgehog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2012, 02:05:04 AM »

Just saw your game through the Kyttaro voting poll. OMG!!! This game is so awesome!! Just played Under the Garden (missing the 2d pixel a bit) but I love the 3D graphics, too.
I hope many people will buy your Pre-Alpha instead of the "Annoying Cockroach Edition" (Great!!).

The world needs more games that are about exploration and making own desicions!
Greetings,
Jana

Graphic Artist @ RAT KING
Devs of PITMAN and THE SUN IS DEADLY
We work on TRI - First Person Puzzle Tri-shooter Game
http://ratking.de/projects/project-tri/
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: June 09, 2012, 03:32:32 PM »

New video: