Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:51:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnder the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Under the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!  (Read 65350 times)
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2012, 04:11:23 PM »

6 minutes of gameplay, early item system stuff and hunting, sorry about the lack of updates been grindin.  Voice audio is a bit screwy, should be fixed for next devlog video.

Gauss Jordan
Level 2

This world!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »

Nooo! The cliffhanger! How do you then eat the fish?

This looks so good! I'm eager to see more.

Lefty-concepty, righty-pixley, but bothey programmey.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

You fillet him with a knife, it was kinda getting a bit long to keep going, my crappy hdd cant hold too much more video footage.  But you descale him and fillet him, or just pull him apart whole, either way works.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »

Got really impressive at the moment you pulled out the fish out of the spear and made a fire, awesome game!  Wink

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »

Believe it or not that was the easiest stuff to record, poisoning the fish was a pain in the ass due to there fickle AI  Angry

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2012, 10:33:45 PM »

Love all the adjectives, shows a good level of depth. I know the first game had this, but more and more actions are controlled by the mouse rather than dude, and he just follows around the cursor.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2012, 02:08:36 AM »

Love all the adjectives, shows a good level of depth. I know the first game had this, but more and more actions are controlled by the mouse rather than dude, and he just follows around the cursor.

Yea we are relying on the mouse a little more this time to do item building sorta stuff mostly.

agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2012, 02:36:20 AM »

I was impressed by the early mockups and screenshots but this devlog blew me away. I think this game has huge potential for being both great and popular.
Ant
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2012, 03:59:58 AM »

This is looking phenomenal, best of luck with it. Hand Thumbs Up LeftKiss

Btw, lol at the guy on youtube who wrote "TOO COMPLEX ! :/". If anything I'd like to see a tiny bit more detail in the bushcraft, like needing twine or gum to attach the flint to the stick when crafting the spear.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2012, 05:03:09 AM »

Awesome video, nice to see the way you can use light and also liked the way you had to break the coconuts on the rock. Everything seems to be coming along really nicely.

team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2012, 05:32:43 AM »

This is lookin' rad dude!

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2012, 09:52:37 AM »

This is totally awesome. The way you can interact with the world is pretty impressive

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2012, 05:40:04 PM »

Cheers guys, Ill put all the new dev videos up on the frontpage, but ill do my best to release one every week or two so updates can be a bit more frequent, I have a bad habit of working and not always posting updates  Facepalm

This is looking phenomenal, best of luck with it. Hand Thumbs Up LeftKiss

Btw, lol at the guy on youtube who wrote "TOO COMPLEX ! :/". If anything I'd like to see a tiny bit more detail in the bushcraft, like needing twine or gum to attach the flint to the stick when crafting the spear.

We are working on those details right now actually to add a bit of extra complexity into the mix with item building, and to the "too complex!" guy, I just pointed him toward RamBros and he thought that was way better  Cheesy  So each to there own I guess.

I was impressed by the early mockups and screenshots but this devlog blew me away. I think this game has huge potential for being both great and popular.

Thats all the inspiration I need to get back to work Smiley

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2012, 01:27:29 AM »

Uhh... if you poisoned the fish, and then ate the poisoned fish... wouldn't that make you poisoned? ^.^'

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2012, 02:58:55 AM »

Facepalm DERP. My bad...

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »

Sorry about the delays guys last day or two has been mental, over the next few days ill be pushing the backgrounds a bit more hard out to inspire something out of the player, rather than just meh, bland.  Im looking at Skull Island reference pretty heavily.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2012, 03:34:31 AM »

Yea we are relying on the mouse a little more this time to do item building sorta stuff mostly.
here's a quick Fan-reason for any questions on the over use of mouse controlanything in this game.
link
Recs
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2012, 04:17:12 AM »

really interesting game.

I played the first one a bit and registered here just to follow this project. I was wondering if you were interested in something such as alphafunding on desura. I think I'll buy the game anyways, keep up the great work.
JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2012, 05:52:05 AM »

I have a few questions about the game:

1. Will there be land-based animals? If so, can you hunt them and will any of them pose a danger to your safety? If you can hunt them, will it be possible to create traps to 1) catch the animals alive or 2) kill them?

2. Will it be possible to create a shelter for your character to keep you safe? And will there be weather? If there is weather, will it have any effect other than graphics? For example, would rain cause flooding or lower visibility? Would different weather types attract different animals?

3. Is the development of this game going to continue after release, providing there is a continuous flow of income from purchases?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2012, 06:02:35 AM »

Hey guys sorry I missed the q's,  okay so...

1. There is definitely going to be land based animals, in fact we are working on some to show for the next dev video.

2. Weather plays a big part in the game, all the maps flood, rain, hail, storm and it all effects the gameplay in a way far beyond the original.

3. Development will definitely continue after release while it remains possible to do so financially, Mike and I currently have work outside of Under the Ocean to pay the bills but if enough people take interest in the project and pre-order we could do this full time and yea, develop it way past our original finishing point. The best way to get this to happen is just to get the word out I guess.

Good idea about alphafunding also, ill look into that.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic