Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:12:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsUnder the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Under the Ocean - Alpha 2 Out!  (Read 65385 times)
JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2012, 06:10:42 AM »

Can you confirm or deny shelters? I think the game will be great and I'll definitely spread the word around.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2012, 06:13:20 AM »

Oh yea, sorry missed that, shelters will definitely be ingame.

JohnJ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2012, 06:14:54 AM »

It should be quite awesome. And I'm assuming there will be an Alpha starting in the next couple of months?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2012, 06:17:52 AM »

Yea it really depends how much time we can devote to the project at this point, ideally a few months but if we could get this thing cranking full time definitely much sooner, its how it goes I guess.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:19 PM »

Hmm, Will this game have Zombie fishmen, the Lvl editor, and all the stuff mention to be in UtG 1 like non zombie NPCs and workable explosives?
So does this game share the same the same engine like the other games to the point that I can port over Rambros's entire map pack and just go through the game placing Enemy NPC and item equipment?
AntiPseudonym
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2012, 08:45:14 PM »

This really does look fantastic, I love the art style!

Are you planning on doing any mouse feedback, such as changing the cursor to show what actions you can perform? I'm a sucker for good input feedback.
♒ben
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2012, 06:25:13 AM »

Wow featured on RPS ! congrats : D http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/08/start-a-new-life-under-the-ocean/
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »

Woot, todays going to be a good day  Cheesy

Are you planning on doing any mouse feedback, such as changing the cursor to show what actions you can perform? I'm a sucker for good input feedback.

We will be doing al ot with the mouse cursor, hopefully for the next update.

Hmm, Will this game have Zombie fishmen, the Lvl editor, and all the stuff mention to be in UtG 1 like non zombie NPCs and workable explosives?
So does this game share the same the same engine like the other games to the point that I can port over Rambros's entire map pack and just go through the game placing Enemy NPC and item equipment?

RamBros will use a different map editor/level file to UTO, UTO actually just uses a generic CSV format to build the levels, which most level editors will support (we use a editor called Tiled)

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2012, 04:50:42 PM »

Woot, todays going to be a good day  Cheesy

We will be doing al ot with the mouse cursor, hopefully for the next update.

RamBros will use a different map editor/level file to UTO, UTO actually just uses a generic CSV format to build the levels, which most level editors will support (we use a editor called Tiled)
Darn looks like I have to make the Under the 'NAM map pack the hard way.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

HAHA, vietnam would be easy to mod, theres already a lot of trees and jungle and such to play with.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »

HAHA, vietnam would be easy to mod, theres already a lot of trees and jungle and such to play with.
NPCs, landmines, Crazy Tree hydra boss fights.
God I should have used more Crazy Tree hydra for my original map pack. those things can whip you back to the next stage.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »

Ill sneak some landmines in just for you bro Smiley  As a thanks to following all my games in the past.

Wasserstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM »

Great to hear about this game :D. I loved under the garden, but I think it was a too easy.
I hope Under the Ocean will be a lot more focused on survival.

Another question: Will death in the game be permanent? Or are you just respawning?

I would love to see permadeath in the game. It just makes the whole feeling of survival better.
Death = New Game

Thats everything for now, sorry if my english is bad.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:58:50 AM by Wasserstern » Logged
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2012, 03:02:53 AM »

Great to hear about this game :D. I loved under the garden, but I think it was a too easy.

Another question: Will death in the game be permanent? Or are you just respawning?

I would love to see permadeath in the game. It just makes the whole feeling of survival better.
Death = New Game

We are keeping injuries, but death is permanent, once you die, you will need to start again, it will be more unforgiving than the first.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2012, 03:15:26 AM »

Death = New Game

We are keeping injuries, but death is permanent, once you die, you will need to start again, it will be more unforgiving than the first.
wasn't that the same thing with the first game? permadeath led to a restart of everything, but losing out stamina might lead to you getting an illment, falling down holes just took a chunk out of your stamina bar and should not be counted as a "death"
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2012, 05:34:53 AM »

It will be similar, but with the addition of rope and wall climbing, a lot of the dangers in the first have been changed, for example:

Falling down a ditch will break your leg but you wont re-spawn at a campfire anymore, you simply limp around and have to use tools to escape the ditch, such as rope or climbing tools.  Illnesses are obtained basically without the transition this time, staying out too long in the storm will give you a cold initially, then onto more dangerous things longer its left untreated, same with wounds, if a wound is left untreated it will fester and get progressively worse.

Wasserstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2012, 03:12:12 AM »

It will be similar, but with the addition of rope and wall climbing, a lot of the dangers in the first have been changed, for example:

Falling down a ditch will break your leg but you wont re-spawn at a campfire anymore, you simply limp around and have to use tools to escape the ditch, such as rope or climbing tools.  Illnesses are obtained basically without the transition this time, staying out too long in the storm will give you a cold initially, then onto more dangerous things longer its left untreated, same with wounds, if a wound is left untreated it will fester and get progressively worse.

That sounds awesome!

I´m so damn excited about this game!  Smiley
Wasserstern
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2012, 05:12:22 AM »

Oh and I wanted to ask who made the awesome music! Its just beautiful and totally fits the game. Did you make it yourself?
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2012, 01:27:14 PM »

Dont think it's on the website yet, but I am doing the sound design and music for UTO Smiley

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2012, 08:44:51 PM »

Dont think it's on the website yet, but I am doing the sound design and music for UTO Smiley

You are mentioned in the Super Golden Bear Edition as the creator of the limited edition soundtrack.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic