Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:26:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDoes Pokemon Suck Now?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Does Pokemon Suck Now?  (Read 14646 times)
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2012, 06:42:38 AM »

Those were the original JP sprites (Green/OG Red versions.) The US ones look a lot better but still seem off with some of them (like Psyduck, Golbat, or Kabuto.) I don't think they really got the sprites down until Yellow, though by that time they had the TV show inspiration to help too.
I don't see what is wrong with Psyduck in red sprites...? Also Kabuto is pictured from above. But yeah, Golbat  Crazy But yes, Yellow had rather decent sprites. Interesting though how Gyarados hasn't changed like at all from Red sprite. There is some other too, but that Gyarados sprite could very well be from Gold/Silver if colored appropriately.

Kramlack
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2012, 07:56:03 AM »

I love the original Ekan's sprite. Dat mouth.
Facepalm

Also, the Clefable sprite was insanely good, especially when compared to all the others. I'd like to know the story behind it.

EDIT: Looking the sprites over again, there seem to be a few that have above-the-average quality. Mewtwo and Aerodactyl were both really well done too;
AshfordPride
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2012, 02:35:30 PM »

Solidplasma
Level 0

"I exist to create."

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2012, 02:50:42 PM »

People keep complaining that Pokemon is dead, uncool, etc., but I feel that they're just not giving it a chance anymore. New fans have come into the franchise, and many people (such as myself) still enjoy it, after playing from the beginning. Pokemon is a franchise that is easy to pick up, play for a generation or two, and then abandon, but if you really get into it (like I have), you'll find that each generation adds TONS of stuff that most casual players don't even notice (read: the physical/special split in generation 4). Even without the gameplay tweaks, EVERY game has added some feature or other that is fairly prominent. As if that wasn't enough, every single game gives a new region to explore. And most people don't even consider the multiplayer, which has been a major feature of the Pokemon games from the beginning.

In short, no, I do not believe Pokemon sucks now, at least not the games, if you get over the 'Pokemon's not cool anymore; don't bother' ideology.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2012, 09:54:44 PM »

as the king of monsters why did you allow pocket monster jynx to come into being

what is considered bad character design to humans matters not to us monsters as long as... eh, i cant really keep the facade up. i just thought it was too damn funny
Kramlack
« Reply #85 on: February 12, 2012, 01:38:53 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic