Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411521 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 05:15:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Turner (Lugaru)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Turner (Lugaru)  (Read 53652 times)
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2009, 06:24:47 AM »

I still think grapple would work well as an S ^. Quite a few characters seem to have 'spinning-flying' recovery moves, so it would be nice to see Turner mix it up a bit.

Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2009, 07:35:11 AM »

Maybe a Captain Falcon-style jump-and-grab attack?

medieval
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2009, 08:14:08 AM »

Captain Falcon-style would work quite well. Throws his opponent down if he gets him
shig
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2009, 12:57:50 PM »

Throwing the opponents downwards would be very hard to recover. Or absurldy comboable.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »

Anything can be balanced.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08:30 PM »

I think shig has a good point, but it might be offset somewhat by the fact that Turner needs to be below the enemy in order to hit them.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »

Also:
>A - Power Kick - A powerful roundhouse kick that sends the foe twirling away, deprived of control until he/she hits the ground.
(This does not change the style of the attack, but it does make it more unique. This was suggested in an earlier move list, and I think it's worth keeping)
Are you sure about this? I know it's kind of authentic to Lugaru, but it would be extremely powerful. All you have to do is kick them off the edge for an instant kill. How about instead, it just has unusually high knockback?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2009, 07:56:50 PM »

It should either have low knockback with twirling or high knockback without.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »

Turner is now finished:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=902f1085442c23cad2db6fb9a8902bda

The only issue I know about right now involves Turner's counterattack. The knockback it deals is based on the power of the countered attack, but some attacks, such as Flipper Kick or GK's uppercut, seem to result in unreasonably high knockback. You can see this clearly by having Turner counter GK's uppercut, followed by his Stick Smash. Both attacks deal the same damage, but the uppercut sends GK flying significantly further.

Oh, and btw, the counter has negative knockback. I thought it would be like Turner throwing them over his shoulder or something. It can be changed into positive knockback depending on how it plays and what the spriters want to do with it.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »

That was fast! I still haven't entirely implemented the Dwarf.

I can't wait to check it out tomorrow.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »

Chutup, could you please use a file host other than Mediafire? It's filled with ads, and half the time it doesn't work anyways (like now). Even with its recent problems (which seem to have been fixed), willhostforfood.com is a better host.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2009, 10:09:46 PM »

Ok, sure  Embarrassed I sent it to you by email. If anyone else wants to try him out I also re-uploaded:
http://willhostforfood.com/files3/1848382/brawl56_turner.gmk
I'm guessing it won't work unless you put it in your 'IB10' or 'IB10source' folder so it can get at the necessary assets.

medieval
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2009, 02:50:39 AM »

I played it, and here's my suggestions:

- Death from Above (falling kick, vA) takes far too short. Same goes for the leg cannon.
- I could use the staff swing (^A) in the air forever without having to get to the ground.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 04:18:56 AM »

Ok, I can probably fix those things and re-upload before Nightshade has time to integrate him.

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 05:30:36 AM »

So, I need GM Pro to test these, right?

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2009, 05:45:45 AM »

Yeah, but I can upload a compiled version. Noir
http://willhostforfood.com/files3/4092451/brawl56_turner.exe
Still needs to be in the IB10 folder.

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2009, 06:11:49 AM »

Ah great thanks! I played him a little, but it's always hard to judge without any opponents. He feels quite ok, but I think he could run a little faster, since I imagine him to be a very agile character. Also the walljump doesn't seem to work with him.
The moves are mostly short ranged but quite powerful, which is ok I think, but the knockback is huge on most of them and feels a little overdrived.

But I really would need to test him with another player to get a better judgement.

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »

Chutup- Don't worry about changing Turner. I'm going to try to get some friends together to test it today, so I'm integrating him this morning.

Hopefully, I'll have a relatively balanced build out this evening.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2009, 07:04:08 PM »

I uploaded a new version today that includes Turner. Chutup, I've got to thank you for programming him and the Dwarf. Their quality is excellent, and it saves me tons of time to not have to figure out how to program attacks like Catapult, Tantrum, and Counter.
Hand Thumbs Up Left Gentleman Hand Thumbs Up Right <--Creepy 3-handed thumbs up.

Like the Dwarf, I've made very few changes- most were just adjusting values like timing and knockback.
-I increased his speed, jumps and weight. As a rabbit, he's pretty mobile, even if his attacks are a little slow, and he's definitely larger than Quote and Naija- his sprite's just bunched up. Currently, Turner is the fastest runner and best ground-jumper (though Nikujin and Quote can surpass his jumping with double jumps and specials).
-I added a little hop to the roundhouse kick.
-Staff Slam wasn't looking very usable, so I replaced it with a Staff Spin, so he can attack enemies behind him.
-If Rabbit Kick hits, you jump off the opponent.
-I added a cool-down time to the daggers.
-His counter can be executed faster. I'm pretty sure I squashed any remaining bugs, but let me know if you find any. Big thanks go out to Chutup here; I was having difficulty coming up with a way to get Counter to work without adding code to other objects.

Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »

For Staff Slam you could have something like: he holds it behind him (like a back-scratcher) while charging and then when he swings have two attack areas, one behind that knocks enemies upwards and one in front that slams them downwards (which would be funny against recovering opponents).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic