Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:19:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Turner (Lugaru)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Turner (Lugaru)  (Read 53653 times)
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2010, 01:01:05 PM »

no pants  Well, hello there!

thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2010, 01:30:49 PM »

No pants  CoolHand Thumbs Up Right

Logabob
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »

Kids, say NO to pants.
godsavant
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2010, 04:30:46 PM »

No pants.  Facepalm
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »

No pants  My Word!
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2010, 06:24:36 PM »

I'm for that pervert option lady Ninja

shig
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:09 PM »

Yep, that's because he actaully holds it real awkward in the first place. It looks good in the idle, but isn't very suitable for the other animations. And if you think about it, he'd almost need to break his arm to be able to hold the staff like that.
I'll probably edit the idle animation and change his hand some time (as usual, everyone else is welcome to do so in the meantime).

Ok, cool. But the way he holds it in the jump animation might be awkward to come up with an attack from.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:27 AM »

Alright you bunch of fur fetishists, no pants it is (I like it better, too  Embarrassed )!

Yep, that's because he actaully holds it real awkward in the first place. It looks good in the idle, but isn't very suitable for the other animations. And if you think about it, he'd almost need to break his arm to be able to hold the staff like that.
I'll probably edit the idle animation and change his hand some time (as usual, everyone else is welcome to do so in the meantime).

Ok, cool. But the way he holds it in the jump animation might be awkward to come up with an attack from.

Ah, that shouldn't be a problem. The way he holds it now he has two options for attacks:
either he let's the staff slide forward or he twists his hand back, automatically giving the staff a 270° rotation.
In that respect the old way how he held it would be even harder to come up with smooth attacks. But it's really also just a small detail. Wink

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Finals
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »

Ah, that shouldn't be a problem. The way he holds it now he has two options for attacks:
either he let's the staff slide forward or he twists his hand back, automatically giving the staff a 270° rotation.
In that respect the old way how he held it would be even harder to come up with smooth attacks. But it's really also just a small detail. Wink

actually, unless he could move the staff through his shoulder, he couldn't do much from that position  Shrug

I just think it's odd that he switches the way he holds his staff from one frame to the next.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:51:59 PM by Finals » Logged
medieval
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »

I don't think giving Turner pants or not is a question of voting, since he's supposed to wear pants anyway
godsavant
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »

That's just your opinion.

No pants. Who, Me?
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 25, 2010, 01:00:07 PM »

No pants! luguru != overgrouwth  Tongue

Maybe in hyper smash turbo fighting TIGS' indie brawl super deluxe perfect championship edition ex + alpha limited Derek yu signed collector  Huh?

Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2010, 08:07:01 PM »

what
Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2010, 03:43:14 AM »

In Lugaru, there was never a moment of pantless turner. The only pantless people were dead (and wolves).
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2010, 05:40:03 AM »

These guys have a point, Turner is actually supposed to wear pants. I think the reason people don't want pants is because Rostiger's pants sprite is just a quick mockup and doesn't look very good compared to the finished, pants-less sprite.

Tazi
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »

These guys have a point, Turner is actually supposed to wear pants. I think the reason people don't want pants is because Rostiger's pants sprite is just a quick mockup and doesn't look very good compared to the finished, pants-less sprite.
I second that.

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2010, 11:21:27 PM »

Poop.
Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2010, 04:59:33 AM »

This is possible.
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2010, 05:20:09 AM »

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

On a more serious note; do we really need three replies to one post? Seriously?!  Cry
MaloEspada
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2010, 05:32:06 AM »

Yeah, if you have nothing useful to add to the discussion, please do not spam the thread : )

Why don't we use this pants as reference?
It's from Overgrowth.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic