Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:50:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSTASIS -An Isometric SciFi Adventure Game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: STASIS -An Isometric SciFi Adventure Game  (Read 54776 times)
Nu-Type
Level 1

Pathfinder

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2012, 10:01:40 AM »

The influence of those 3 games really show Chris, looking forward to more Stasis.

And those new screens you put up of your post-apoc idea look pretty awesome!
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2012, 01:50:55 AM »

That's looking awesome for a two week tech demo. Definitely takes me back to playing the first fallout years ago.

rivon
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:48 AM »

Looks good, you definitely have to make it happen after STASIS Wink
I wish I had your art skills. I can program quite good but when it comes to art, I suck.
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2012, 12:30:18 AM »

Thanks guys!

Not a big update, but I know that I owe you guys for my recent quiet time!

Here we have a shot of SERVICE PLATFORM 2, from Chapter Ones opening few scenes. Its a lead off from PRODUCT STORAGE, and a lead onto…well, I cant tell you whats just to the right of this screen, but let me just say that it. is. awesome!
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »

Those realistic terrains in your apocalyptic sidetrip look amazing, but...  is it possible for them to actually be too photorealistic?  I think they hit the uncanny valley!

Regardless, looking forward to more progress reports on Stasis!

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
ExoShock
Level 0

Mech Lore Creator

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2012, 10:29:40 PM »

The level of detail on... everything, is so damn impressive.

Great work!
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2012, 12:27:16 AM »

Chris, what's happening?  Well, hello there!
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2012, 08:26:36 PM »

Has this project gone into... stasis? Giggle
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2012, 11:42:03 PM »

Not at all-STASIS is still pushing ahead!

I was doing a game play video of the personal area, and something just didn't 'work' with it when I replayed through the chapter-so I gutted the scenes and redid them! The new ones are almost completed, as well as things like working elevators, the tram system, and I'm moving onto the actual game cinematics.

I know the blog has been quiet-but rest assured the game is still forging on!
kleiba
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 08, 2012, 11:08:13 PM »

Awesome, Chris! I'm very happy to hear that. :D

I would be really interested in your progress, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get a chance to keep us posted here. Smiley
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2012, 11:01:53 PM »

http://www.stasisgame.com/gameplay-video-crew-quarters/

Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.  -Jean-Jacques Rousseau
I’m hoping that you guys will agree with me that the game play video was worth the wait.

LINK BELOW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xhGStY7iD9k

I know it seems that I've been out of action of late, but I can promise you that I’ve been slaving away! Through 2 bouts of flu, and a house move.
Here is a game play snippet from the Crew Quarters section. Its quite difficult to record game play videos of Adventure Games when you are trying to keep the story, and puzzles secret-because without showing some of the puzzles or story, you are essentially just going to have a character walk around a room.

I’ve tried to keep you going with the bare bones of what you can explore in these areas-but rest assured that there are many many descriptions and interactions you have with the world…this game play video just shows a nice quick path through the crew quarters! All of those things you want to click on, and poke to see what they are (like the oozing breathing pile of red mush in the corner of the sleeping block…)….you can.

There are also some cool new things to notice in the video. The dialogue system is complete and working, with the ability to walk around and interact with things while the dialogue is going on. Not a big thing perhaps, but still pretty cool. There WILL be voice over in the final game The current game does have my voice in place of the voice overs, but I took them out because…well, it sounds like a guy with a South African accent reading a script. Really terrible stuff!

Its a pretty nerve wracking experience every time I release something about the game. To know that people are about to look at 100′s of hours of work…but soon STASIS will be out in the world! Well…soonish…

-Chris
Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2012, 12:46:21 PM »

Your link seems a bit borked, here.

The game looks pretty sweet. Still hard to believe it's all one person doing it all.

Curious, is your PC slow, the game unoptimized for now, the capture software too much?

There are some hitches here and there, when new things pop in the field of view for example.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 12:53:20 PM by Al3xand3r » Logged

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2012, 01:37:12 AM »

Thanks man! Sometimes its hard for me to believe as well. :D

I'm running a mid range computer, but the jumpy bits comes from the recording software. It tends to drop frame rates when the game is loading something in the background.

I'm also still optimizing the levels, in knowing what to load and unload as the game goes on. Right now it sorta loads things 'as they need them', but I'm working on reloading the entire levels, animation, sound, etc, at the beginning of each screen. The 'fade from black' part will be a little longer, but not too noticeably.

The actual game is very smooth when its not being recorded. Wink
Lynx
Level 5

Upstart Feline Miscreant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2012, 11:39:39 PM »

That is pretty amazing!  Looking forward to seeing this get done.

Currently developing dot sneak - a minimalist stealth game
Satori4
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2012, 01:56:47 PM »

The game looks incredibly awesome, it's a Herculean work for one man.

You probably should think of setting up a pre-oder page or just a donation button on your website. I'd support a game like this

Hand Money Right Hand Money Left

@satori4
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »

This all looks fucking terrible.ly spectacular.  I can't even begin to describe to you how much I adore the atmosphere you've created, and how much I admire all of the weeks and weeks that had to have gone into each of the gorgeous, gorgeous areas showcased in the video.  I'm following this like a man who likes to follow things.
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: November 26, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »

The game looks incredibly awesome, it's a Herculean work for one man.

You probably should think of setting up a pre-oder page or just a donation button on your website. I'd support a game like this

Hand Money Right Hand Money Left

I have thought about a kickstarter/preorder thing, but I feel that it would put undue pressure on me to get things done 'faster' instead of 'right'.

Right now I don't need any extra funding for the game, as with my current work situation (company owner!), this cant be anything more than a part time project. Unless it does really well, and allows me to do the (already planned) sequel full time. Wink

Satori4
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:27 AM »

Well it's good that you have enough spare time and resources to finish it up. But I'm sure people will be lining up to back this game. Hope you will do things right, as you want they be.

Lookinf forward for new updates Hand Thumbs Up Right

@satori4
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2012, 10:54:36 PM »

I watched Indie Game: The Movie, and while I thought it was a touch on the touchy-feely-side (I've never cried when thinking of the story of STASIS), I really related to the creative pressure those guys are under.
As a company in an art field, with HIGH pressure deadlines, that kind of stuff can really mess a person up. I have enough of that pressure in my work, and would hate for it to spill over into STASIS.
I think the reason that people are really connecting with it as a game, is that I can spend the extra time adding in smaller details...details that, if I had 10 000 people breathing down my neck I would possibly be hesitant to spend the time to add.

I would be really interested in hearing from devs who have crowd sourced their games, or have publishers, if this has changed their games in any way? Is the pressure good? Does it compromise what you are trying to do?
Satori4
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2012, 05:12:53 AM »

All artists can tweak their paintings forever, it's a never ending process. One day you will need to say -  that's done, I should start something else  Smiley

Perhaps, you should make a separate topic in General discussion, raising this question.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:18:10 AM by Satori4 » Logged

@satori4
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic