Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:49:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSTASIS -An Isometric SciFi Adventure Game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: STASIS -An Isometric SciFi Adventure Game  (Read 54584 times)
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2012, 11:04:12 PM »

“Daddy, please help us…”
Disoriented, drowsy, and in pain, John Maracheck opens his eyes. Nothing greets him, but the static of a nearby monitor, and a cold steel floor. Thick green liquid covers the floor and his body, leading to a nearby, steaming stasis-pod. He slowly gets to his feet, trying to take in his surroundings. Where is his wife? His daughter? What the hell is going on….?
What is STASIS?
Stasis is an adventure game, that puts you in control of John Maracheck. a man searching for his family, in a seemingly abandoned research facility. Going back to classic adventure game mechanics, you have to solve puzzles, and use objects around you to progress, and to find Marachecks family.
Graphically, Stasis is fairly unique in the adventure game genre, opting for highly detailed isometric graphics, as opposed to the more classic ‘side on’ views of other adventure games. Richly detailed rooms and fluid animations create an immersive environment for the player to explore, with danger lurking in every shadow.
The stasis-plug suit gives you direct access to an Emergency Medical Kit. A piece of equipment that has the ability to break down any object of a certain weight and size into its base elements, and store it for future use. While normally it is used to store small medical supplies, Maracheck uses it as an easy way to keep and transport found objects. Objects can be stored, accessed, combined, and brought back into the ‘real’ world at any moment.
At its core, Stasis is a story about an ordinary man, in an extraordinary situation.
Trapped in a place where humanities horrors come out to play, how far would you go to protect your family?
Welcome to The Groomlake. We know you will enjoy your stay.

LINK TO A GAMEPLAY VIDEO

LINK TO TEASER

« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 06:27:43 AM by Chris Bischoff » Logged
Yodhe
Level 0

Flying Lasanga

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 11:47:06 PM »

Looks amazing, I hope it plays as well.

Bunker Mentality - Post Apocalyptic Squad Turn Based Strategy RPG - http://www.justanotherturn.com
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »

Gameplay is looking nice and really like your visuals.

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 01:32:06 AM »

Wow, what you've done is very impressive.
Petey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 01:49:44 AM »

Very cool atmosphere!

Made Cannon Brawl - Worked on ABZÛ - Now making Kingdoms And Castles
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 04:38:19 AM »

Thanks guys!
JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 05:58:51 AM »

Looks fantastic.  Sound design is good as well!

Please keep us posted.  This looks top-notch!

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »

i feel like it could benefit a lot from less speech synthesis
mrekim
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 07:11:31 AM »

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 05:10:02 AM »

Thanks guys. I've really worked hard on the atmosphere and have spent a long time on the sound design... I'm glad that it is being noticed!

The speech synthesis is only from the computer voices in the game. The rest of the human cast are fully voiced by actors. It was really a way to try to get around needing to many voice actors. Hell, if I could I would do all the voices myself!

Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 05:23:18 AM »

i have to say that this looks like a fantastic game, The music and atmosphere is better than most games i have ever seen. Truly amazing man. keep it up! Beer!

Kevin
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:56 AM »

I have a soft spot for isometric adventure games/rpgs, and this looks really polished. I'm looking forward to watching its progress.
JackMenhorn
Level 2

Sound Designer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 06:00:37 AM »

Thanks guys. I've really worked hard on the atmosphere and have spent a long time on the sound design... I'm glad that it is being noticed!

The speech synthesis is only from the computer voices in the game

I would still dial down the settings on the voice.  Just because it isn't a human doesn't mean it has to sound inhuman.  From a practical standpoint, it's just plain hard to understand.

Sound Designer<br />www.jackmenhorn.com

Nova-111 OST: https://jackmenhorn.bandcamp.com/album/nova-111
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 10:01:30 AM »

The speech synthesis is only from the computer voices in the game. The rest of the human cast are fully voiced by actors. It was really a way to try to get around needing to many voice actors. Hell, if I could I would do all the voices myself!

without wanting to sound like a big meanie, which is actually my specialty, how many actors do you have, and are you playing the main character yourself? because you have this really nice presentation, and it's obvious a lot of effort is going into the sound mixing, but that one line of dialogue really just sounded like a guy and a headset mic
CEDE
Level 2

Don't Stress, Live a Cool Life

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 05:26:14 PM »

without wanting to sound like a big meanie, which is actually my specialty, how many actors do you have, and are you playing the main character yourself? because you have this really nice presentation, and it's obvious a lot of effort is going into the sound mixing, but that one line of dialogue really just sounded like a guy and a headset mic

Oh really?

portfolio | studio | latest game: shade dogs | twitterpost-it
AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »

Really love the atmosphere and graphics. The gameplay looks intriguing, I'm definitely excited to see where this goes. Subbed to your YT channel.

One thing that bugged me, though, were the computer voices. They were a bit unintelligible.

ExoShock
Level 0

Mech Lore Creator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »

Looks really great. Im totally jealous of your graphics quality.

Are you a 1 man team? You mentioned voice actors, but im curious to know what kind of resources you have to be able to put out something that looks that fantastic.
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:50 PM »

The scratch track thats in that 5 minute gameplay video is indeed just me, with a mic. Smiley I don't really want to waste anyone's time recording dialogue that's not going to be used, so I record everything myself first, and then email the script to the voice artist once I'm sure it's all working.  Then I just replace the Sound Files with the vcice artists one.

I'll take another look at the computer voices. Right now I'm using FLStudio, but I'm sure there is a better alternative. The game does have Dialogue Portraits', so should make following the voices easier.

I'm a 1 man team, apart from the voice artists, of which I currently have 2 for the main characters. For resources, I am a professional 3D artist, so creating the artwork is really my main focus. Everything else, from the music to the sound and programming has been a learning experience for me!
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2012, 03:35:57 AM »

This really does look great! Are you using an existing engine or building from scratch?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Chris Bischoff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2012, 04:35:52 AM »

Im using Visioniare. Im an artist, not a programmer-so the engine is perfect for me. Very artist friendly, and well designed for Adventure Games.

www.visioniare-studio.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic