Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411474 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 01:08:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl- The Golden Knight [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl- The Golden Knight [DONE]  (Read 59661 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: July 01, 2009, 10:20:47 PM »

Oh, I had it the other way around! I never found the current bonesaw charging confusing.
(Well, I kind of do in the latest build, but thats more due to a lack of a meter. Which you should add back in.)
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2009, 10:49:44 AM »

I made a rough edit of Golden Knight's walkcycle after my suggestion to change walking into running here

Current|Mine
|

Running would make the characters less stiff. It felt kind of weird to me that all characters were casually walking in a brawler game Tongue

Comments? Suggestions? If people like this, I'll go and clean it up Smiley
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »

Oh, I had it the other way around! I never found the current bonesaw charging confusing.
(Well, I kind of do in the latest build, but thats more due to a lack of a meter. Which you should add back in.)
Hint Hint

The run looks good, but the arms look a bit thick, I believe it's supposed to be just big shoulders due to wearing (American) Football pads.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2009, 10:55:56 AM »

The current animation looks like he's groovin' to some fine tunes, actually. Maybe we can use that for Indie Dance-off 2009.

hi
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »

but the arms look a bit thick, I believe it's supposed to be just big shoulders due to wearing (American) Football pads.

Yeah, going to make it thinner once I clean it up. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of it in general, before I spend time cleaning up this rough Smiley
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »

Well, the animation itself is pretty ace (besides all of his limbs being too fat - but you already said that you'd fix that), but it's really hard to tell if he doesn't run too fast now. I mean, he really looks like he is sprinting pretty fast.
It's kind of tricky do a proper walk cycle when you don't know the actual walking speed.

We probably will need to iterate anyway to get a good solution, so probably wait until there's a new speed set for him?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:11:59 PM by Rostiger » Logged

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »

It's 6 pixels per step, or 180 pixels per second. With most of the game's animations, each frame lasts two steps (for a lot of walking animations, though, each frame lasts four steps).

The Golden Knight is one character who I don't think needs a speed increase, since he's supposed to be a slower character, and his current speed is decent.

At 4 steps per frame, the running animation looks pretty good. Although it might be a tad short- adding a neck would fix this. And maybe it looks like he's running a little too fast. But now I'm just nitpicking. It's a really nice animation.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:39:35 PM by Soulliard » Logged

kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2009, 02:45:33 PM »

By the way, I was showing the latest build of Indie Brawl to my brother and he thought it was pretty weird watching the bonesaw power-up without the "BONESAAAW IS READYYY~" sound.

I must agree with him.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2009, 02:47:03 PM »

Me, too. Most sounds are placeholders- I encourage anyone who can provide sounds to do so!

Dailyman
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2009, 03:10:10 PM »

Are we going to implement run animations for all characters now? A lot of work man.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »

It's not an additional animation- it's a replacement for the walking animations. Really, only Naija and GK have animations worth replacing (Naija's probably needed work anyways), so it's not too much more work. Only two additional animations.

HYDRACORE
Level 0

Not your personal helpdesk...

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »

Hint Hint

The run looks good, but the arms look a bit thick, I believe it's supposed to be just big shoulders due to wearing (American) Football pads.

It's Hockey, good sir...

we don't use hockey sticks in Football...

It's an interesting run cycle, though...

GENIUS!!!
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »

Now I feel like an idiot. Embarrassed
It's not (American) Football or (European) Football, it's (Canadian) Football.  Grin
(that is an awesome sentence if you exclude whats in the brackets)
Pietepiet
Pixelhead
Level 9

hello <3

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 31, 2009, 09:25:42 PM »

At 4 steps per frame, the running animation looks pretty good. Although it might be a tad short- adding a neck would fix this. And maybe it looks like he's running a little too fast. But now I'm just nitpicking. It's a really nice animation.

I could add in two additional frames to make him run somewhat slower, with more of a stomp. And yeah, he definitely needs a neck. As for Naija: I could do a rough of that too if you want, just to get it going/give people some inspiration for potential runcycles for her.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2009, 01:14:36 AM »

(quoting from CONTRIBUTE thread)
Hmm, I played GK a while ago and I found it really confusing that his stick attacks and his close range attacks (boxing, kicking, uppercut) are mixed on A and S - I think it would be much more intuitive if GKs attacks without weapons were on A and the others on S, no?
It is a problem, but I don't see any real solution to it because we have four stick attacks plus his absorb move. One of them has to be mapped to a normal attack. The other reason it's mixed up is because S^ has to be a recovery move, and his uppercut is the most effective recovery.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2009, 05:43:37 AM »

I should add that there's no intrinsic difference between an armed and unarmed attack. They just look different.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: September 07, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »

Grouping different looking moves onto A or S isn't intuitive. Grouping close range attacks to A and long range attacks (or attacks that move him around) to S is intuitive. His move set is plenty intuitive right now.
-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2010, 12:45:06 PM »

i heard somewhere cutter was blue, so here you got.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:59:46 PM by -Frikman- » Logged

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic