Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:58:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl- The Golden Knight [DONE]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl- The Golden Knight [DONE]  (Read 59674 times)
Corpus
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 08:51:16 AM »

One thing: the reason it looks so unbalanced is that his crotch is not where the legs meet the jersey. It goes down over his legs a bit. If you follow the line of his legs in my (neglected - sorrah guys) sprite, you'll see that they're already spread apart quite a bit.

In the current animation, the lower half of his body is about half the width of the upper half, and aligned entirely to his right-hand side (left-hand to us).

Apart from that, though, it's looking good Smiley
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2008, 11:07:54 AM »

I think the biggest problem with him right now is his face. He looks too casual right now, like he's off to the cafe for a bit of tea. Needs more anger! Angry
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »

I think the biggest problem with him right now is his face. He looks too casual right now, like he's off to the cafe for a bit of tea. Needs more anger! Angry

AGREED.
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2008, 03:56:28 PM »

If only that was the original bonesaw sprite  Kiss
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2008, 08:01:56 PM »

SERIOUS FACEEEEEEEEEE Angry

Wait now he looks kinda like an angry kid. Cry

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »

Smug I think would work better. imo

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Adamski
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2008, 09:33:06 PM »

SERIOUS FACEEEEEEEEEE Angry

Wait now he looks kinda like an angry kid. Cry

Have you been to an Ice Hockey match? The majority of them are angry kids!  Beer!
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2008, 11:00:42 PM »

I kind of like the calm face, personally.

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2008, 01:26:20 AM »

Yeah, look at the other characters. Quote is kind of neutral and Naija is chillaxin'. In a non-serious game like this they don't need to all look viciously angry.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2008, 04:35:11 AM »

Yeah, look at the other characters. Quote is kind of neutral and Naija is chillaxin'. In a non-serious game like this they don't need to all look viciously angry.
Right, but those guys are robots or mer-beasts. TGK is a frigging hockey player! Angry
shig
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 07:27:23 AM »

Except Dwarf.
For some reason I want Dwarf to look REALLY pissed off.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2008, 06:35:20 PM »

Except Dwarf.
For some reason I want Dwarf to look REALLY pissed off.
Dwarf needs no excuse to tantrum! Angry
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2008, 01:27:11 PM »

After seeing the sprite in action, it still seemed pretty unbalanced. So I edited it a bit.

I also tried to find some middle ground between calm and angry.

Tell me what you think.

Corpus
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2008, 04:09:42 PM »

One thing: the reason it looks so unbalanced [in the animation] is that his crotch is not where the legs meet the jersey. It goes down over his legs a bit. If you follow the line of his legs in my (neglected - sorrah guys) sprite, you'll see that they're already spread apart quite a bit.

In the current animation, the lower half of his body is about half the width of the upper half, and aligned entirely to his right-hand side (left-hand to us).
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:20 PM »

I like the face, but not the body. It looks like he's wearing a cape. I really liked the old body, but if you think it will look bad during gameplay, I guess it's ok to change it.

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008, 02:12:56 PM »

Hmm... I see what you mean.

My main problem with the original sprite, though, is that the arms look stumpy and awkward. Maybe a better spriter than me could touch it up?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2008, 01:16:54 PM »

In the latest demo, charging the bonesaw (vS) will swap between sprites, so hopefully that will help you compare them better.

I also made GK a bit faster. After replaying Bonesaw a bit, I realized that making GK slow didn't really fit the character that well. He's still a little on the slow side, but he's no longer bowsteroth.

Yigguth
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2008, 02:42:45 PM »

the old sprite is a hundred times better
godsavant
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2008, 05:59:59 PM »

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree, the old sprite does look more in tune with the style of the game. Both in Bonesaw and in relation to the other characters, the Golden Knight has his hands raised close to his face, in a fighting stance:

This new one has him standing stock-straight, chest puffed out, hands lowered in a non-threatening manner, and also has a much less recognizable silouhette (very important, and part of the reason we chose to keep outlines, unless I'm mistaken). His  legs are also rather stumpy compared to the old one, which maintained height constraints by bending his legs. Granted, it does have some of his characteristics, but it doesn't look like it belongs in a fighting game...or any game that involves quick reflexes, for that matter.

Whereas the old one looked wound up and tense, this one just looks smooshed:

vs.

Undecided?

Lucaz
Level 6

Indier than thou

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: November 24, 2008, 12:05:44 PM »

Agreed with godsavant. Also I can imagine the first one's idle animation better.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic