Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411510 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 07:01:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Nikujin [DONE]
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Nikujin [DONE]  (Read 90110 times)
godsavant
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2009, 08:10:12 AM »

I definitely think he should flip himself onto a platform when he gets to the top of it. The whole wall running and flipping up at the end should be as close to the source animation as possible as it looks perfect in the original.

I agree with this. In that case, it'd be better split our current Headstab animation into two parts: the Stab, and the Flip. That way, we can save energy by re-using the Flip for wall-climbing and other techniques.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »

I definitely think he should flip himself onto a platform when he gets to the top of it. The whole wall running and flipping up at the end should be as close to the source animation as possible as it looks perfect in the original. I also think he should be either invulnerable when he flips up, or uses the flipping up as a quick attack so that he can't just be easily hit back off again.
I disagree. Continuing the attack would generally be more powerful. The change you're suggesting would encourage skilled Nikujin players to not use the attack next to the wall, so they aren't left vulnerable.

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »

I disagree. Continuing the attack would generally be more powerful. The change you're suggesting would encourage skilled Nikujin players to not use the attack next to the wall, so they aren't left vulnerable.

I don't think so. If it continued into a air climb, it would be easy to jump above Nikujin and spike him down or hit him back away in the lag after the air run is finished. It would leave him much more vulnerable IMO.
Craig Stern
Level 10

I'm not actually all that stern.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: September 18, 2009, 07:01:56 AM »

Updated headstab:

I love the animation, but is is really a good idea to include horizontal movement in the animation itself? In-game, won't that be handled with code?

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 18, 2009, 07:34:03 AM »

Updated headstab:

I love the animation, but is is really a good idea to include horizontal movement in the animation itself? In-game, won't that be handled with code?
I think he's just doing this for showing us how the animation will look, roughly.  Smiley
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: September 18, 2009, 07:43:17 AM »

Yeah, I had to edit the headstab sprite so everything stayed in one place. In the future, it would be easier if I was provided a static sprite. But it's no big deal.

shig
« Reply #346 on: September 21, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »

Nikujin - when doing the headstab - is sideways to the camera in the original game, tho.

I mean, it's not really that important and the animation is totally awesome, but this sort of bugs me  Droop
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 02:38:32 PM by shig » Logged
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: November 24, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »

I'm going to work on the >A animation tomorrow. I think it's pretty difficult to read as it stands right now. The idea of a cliche samurai slash that doesn't take effect for a few seconds is a good one, but, with IB's engine, it isn't clear what's going on. Also, it's a very easy move to self-destruct with. And it's a bit stiff.

I'm planning on reducing the distance traveled after the slash significantly, eliminating most of the warm-up time, and making the slash take place immediately. Does anyone object?

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 25, 2009, 12:08:28 AM »

Not me. Shrug

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 25, 2009, 05:50:10 AM »

Yes, it was in need of a change. Not the easiest move to use...
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #350 on: November 25, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »

Still probably needs some work, but I'm done for now.

Blaizer
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 25, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

Needs pew pew clouds under his feet to show that he's coming down with mega power Smiley
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #352 on: November 26, 2009, 07:27:16 AM »

There's already the cloud that godsavant animated ages ago.

Anyways, here's the animation with a little more force:

I also modified Rostiger's running animation to make it suitable for a wall run:

That means the only animations still needed for Nikujin are the Flip Slash and Staff Spin.

MaloEspada
« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2009, 02:25:17 PM »

Little nitpick:
in the very last frame of the slash, the sword's tip is a little.. weird. It's making a curve, sort of.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: November 26, 2009, 06:40:18 PM »

On the wall run, his foot isn't shaded, as well as his chest for some frames. Definitely not a finished animation.
And looking back at the first page, the original run isn't complete either.
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: December 21, 2009, 06:37:31 AM »

Hey dudes and dudettes!
Nothing really new, just a few updates. Finally finished the running animation and edited Soulliards Through Slash animation. Also in the falling frame Nikujins hat looks too big in game, so I edited that too. Check 'em out:

I plan to update the wallrun and add the last two animations (staff swing and downwards slash?) soon. Hopefully I get around to do it over the christmas holidays. However, everyone else is also welcome to give it a shot in the meantime. Wink(
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 05:20:53 PM by Rostiger » Logged

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 22, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »

Oh man, that run is looking really awesome  Kiss

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: December 23, 2009, 10:05:11 AM »

Clemens Scott
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: December 23, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »

I like the staff movement, but his pose seems a little bit off. Because he's facing toward the camera, he looks like he's doing some kind of taunt rather than attacking the enemy. Also, he should be moving forward while spinning the staff, rather than standing in place. Without that forward motion, it would be counter-intuitive for the move to be assigned to S>.

Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #359 on: December 24, 2009, 07:42:06 AM »

Here's an update for the wallrun animation:

This move could be complemented with a backflip like this:

Clemens Scott
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21
Print
Jump to: