Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411486 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:24:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMass Effect 3
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 29795 times)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:52:47 PM »

Anyone thrilled about it?

I have been playing the multiplayer demo a lot lately, it is quite fun. My highest char is a lvl 10 Infiltrator (<3 headshots). My Oirgin user is alevicejones for anyone who wants to join the fun.

Sakar
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »

I'd like to play it just to finish the story, but I've decided against buying any games from EA (though this might have to be an exception)
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 12:07:09 AM »

Interestingly, it was ridiculously cheap in the mexican origin store (less than 40 USD), so even when origin might be mediocre, i couldnt help preordering it.

JimmyJ
Level 1

Hi!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »

Considering I didn't like the direction 2 took the series, and I'm really not interested in Origin, I'm gonna be passing on this until it's bargain bin priced.
JoGribbs
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 02:04:12 AM »

Shooting feels much better (even pretty good now!) and the multiplayer doesn't feel like an afterthought (which is cool in my book). Still that crazy 'America in space' vibe going on but I'm kind of interested in what happens to Shepard and co.

Also the opening 5 minutes of this game make the entirety of Mass Effect 2 pointless. 'Remember when the reapers enslaved the protheans and built that giant robot dude with the scary eyes? no?'
deathtotheweird
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:42:18 AM »

fuck EA and fuck origin, definitely not paying for it.

though I would like to play it, if only to continue the story. not a fantastic tale but I like sci-fi and it's good enough for me.
dEnamed
Level 4

Bored was AmnEn.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »

Yeah I'm totally hyped for Mass Effect 3.
Well it's EA but... it's Mass Effect as well.
It's Bioware, they're not gonna fuck up a sequel are they? Wait... Dragon Age II.
I guess it would be nice to finish the story... wait, a certain DLC includes central aspects of the story? Mass Effect 3? Meh, what's that?

Obviously of demonic ancestry. In that case, can I get my wings please?
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 10:13:29 AM »

I pre-ordered it because they were offering Battlefield 3 with it for free for about a day. Was planning on waiting, but that was too good a deal to pass up.
brettchalupa
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »

I pre-ordered it because they were offering Battlefield 3 with it for free for about a day. Was planning on waiting, but that was too good a deal to pass up.

This is exactly what I did. I don't have a problem with Origin, as I use it for The Old Republic and don't have a problem with it. I am looking forward to this game very much. The demo was lots of fun.  Smiley
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 03:33:28 PM »

Eh, I'm not excited about Origin and I feel like EA is spending too much time playing with microtransaction methods and not enough time making cool games.

I'm gonna skip Mass Effect 3 altogether. Not finding out what happens is a small price to pay if it puts another chip in the pot telling EA to back off. Plenty of other games to play in the meantime.
LDuncan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »

As much as I'd like to "stick it to EA," I'm too much of a Mass Effect whore to sit this one out. And I wasn't expecting much from the multiplayer, but I have to admit, I'm kind of obsessed with it now. After playing the vanguard class in multiplayer, I can't understand why anyone would play as anything else--everything is just so sloooow in comparison.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:23:21 PM »

Infiltrator would like to have a talk with Vanguard. Assuming he survives...

AshfordPride
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 04:49:29 PM »

Probably won't buy it until it gets reeeeeeeeal cheep.  I will be buying one of those neat action figures on day one, though.  

Called "From Ashes," the DLC was briefly available for 800 Microsoft Points and carried the following description:

"Unearth lost secrets from the past and recruit the Prothean squad member in Mass Effect 3: From Ashes.

Please no.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:02:44 PM by Samtagonist » Logged
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »

spoiiiiiler alert

AshfordPride
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 05:05:12 PM »

Maybe.  Now that I'm thinking about this, this could be the same thing they did with Mass Effect to try to dissuade people from buying used copies.  He might come with that Cerberus Network code thing they did last time, and this might be for the criminals who are so vile as to buy the game used.  Regardless, sorry for not allowing you to prolong your inevitable disappointment. 
AshfordPride
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

OKAY BIG TIME SPOILERS HERE SO WATCH THE FUCK OUT I AM VERY SERIOUS

But here's a spoiler that shouldn't surprise anyone.  It's dumb.

Dragonmaw
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 06:22:52 PM »

Looks fake.
AshfordPride
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 06:27:40 PM »

Looks fake.

You know I'd think so too, but I am inclined to believe this because it syncs up rather well with previous leaked information.  
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 08:20:17 PM »

If anything in that is fake, it's the very end. The quality drops hard.

AshfordPride
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »

If anything in that is fake, it's the very end. The quality drops hard.

I actually thought the same thing about Portal 2.  I thought that these low resolution, pre-rendered cutscenes could've never been the actual endings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic