Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411469 Posts in 69368 Topics- by 58422 Members - Latest Member: daffodil_dev

April 23, 2024, 05:17:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTribes Ascend
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Tribes Ascend  (Read 13347 times)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »

I actually kinda like the "use XP to give your weapons and items gradual upgrades."

But I DETEST that weapons are so ridiculous expensive.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 01:26:30 PM »

Ya for a while I just thought I was sucking and needed to play better to get more XP(which was partially true at first), but then I realized that crap is just crazy expensive.

I dislike what they're doing with this model because either way you're practically forced to buy. You could buy gold and get items, or you could do it with XP. Except XP is ridiculously slow so you have to buy XP boosters to get XP at a better rate which STILL doesn't parallel buying gold and is nearly as expensive. I think that's kind of a failure. I like their "VIP" system which encourages you to buy just one item from their shop to get a permanent XP boost, I think that's decent. But I detest everything else about it.

That said, I haven't been bothered *too* much by it yet. I'm content playing with the weapons/classes I have and I don't really feel like I'm at a disadvantage to other players.

iffi
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2012, 03:26:53 PM »

I gave this a try earlier today. It was pretty fun - not my favorite shooter ever, but JETPACKS.

I go by the name Shepardus.
namragog
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

HELP ME
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

ARIAL ISSUES? REINSTALL WINDOWS  Hand Any Key

iffi
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2012, 06:25:18 PM »

Seems like your Arial.ttf file is corrupted and needs to be redownloaded and installed - you can probably find how to do that on Google. I remember getting that error in some other program a while back, and I think reinstalling the font solved the issue (though if I remember correctly actually getting it to reinstall properly was somewhat of a pain).
namragog
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2012, 06:41:43 PM »

Its says I need someone to give me their
arial.ttf
arialbd.ttf
ariali.ttf
arialibd.ttf

files. If anyone could do that, I would be grateful.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2012, 06:46:43 PM »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21167434/arialbd.zip

Let me know when you've got it so that I can remove it from my dropbox.  Smiley

Also:
Holy shit you can heal teammates with a repair gun. It's slow an impractical, but gosh that was an awesome find.
I play technician a lot and I love it. In CTF mode it basically turns the game into a 3D Tower Defense FPS  Durr...?

namragog
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2012, 06:51:52 PM »

I have them. Now to see if they work...
namragog
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

YES! YES!  Tears of Joy
iffi
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2012, 09:52:27 PM »

The servers sure seem to have been struggling lately...
namragog
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:22:46 AM »

116 Km/h flag grab. I AM THE FASTEST MAN ALIVE! (Super good at skiing. I can outrun most light armors while playing as a medium.)   Noir
Dragonmaw
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 10:11:19 AM »

that's... not really that fast.

try a 180+ km/h flag grab, then we'll talk Cool
namragog
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »

176.... SO CLOSE!
Unlocking things take years...
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »

even if this was the greatest game ever made, i wouldn't play it after the unlock bullshit they tacked on

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
namragog
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »

It was always like that. They actually made it easier in the new patch...
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 11:12:54 AM »

tribes 1 and 2 disagree

who cares if it's "easier," grinding to get better weapons is incredibly stupid, especially in a competitive, skill based FPS. it's bad enough in stuff like TF2, where it doesn't take very long and the new weapons usually aren't "better."

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
namragog
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 11:16:14 AM »

I think that weapons and upgrades should be unlocked in a fashion similar to the multiplayer aspect of Crysis 2, where you would get upgrades to your items depending on your performance with them. It would have to be tweaked a lot, but the general idea is in there.
dEnamed
Level 4

Bored was AmnEn.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »

that's... not really that fast.

try a 180+ km/h flag grab, then we'll talk Cool

Meh I've only managed 144 km/h and crash-splattered into the spire on the other side. But I sure was fast!

Obviously of demonic ancestry. In that case, can I get my wings please?
iffi
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 11:35:59 AM »

Regarding unlocking stuff, it may be ludicrously expensive, but at least you get to keep your stuff once you've unlocked it. I've played games where you can only "rent" weapons instead of buying them. Those are terrible, especially when they run on real-world time rather than gameplay time. Though I do find it kinda silly to have to unlock classes...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic