Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 10:09:34 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessMy pre-orders experiences
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: My pre-orders experiences  (Read 2506 times)
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »

Hi guys,

I recently released my game's pre-orders, maybe you are interested in a little summary where I share my experiences.
Since it's our first commercial game it can be somehow refreshing point of view:

http://codedaemons.com/?p=319

Enjoy and tell me if you have any questions, want more details about something, etc. Smiley

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 01:43:25 AM »

Well, it's only been 10 days so I think you can't really say much at this point considering this is your first game and you've never released any free games for people to know about you.

Though what's interesting is your experience with dealing with the press and publisher. It seems like you spent a lot of time on those, but it doesn't help much with spreading out the game's name. I'd love to know more what do you think was not fair with the deal, but I'm sure you are not allowed to say that as I used to be in the same situation :/

Have you thought about making a lite flash version and release it for free on game portals? I think this could really help making people know about your game. 

Anyway, I've tried the demo, since puzzle + rpg is one of my favourite genres. While the game is interesting, I think there are many things that the game can improve. But since this is not a feedback thread, I'll send it to you via PM Smiley

RudyTheDev
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 03:59:14 AM »

...this is your first game and you've never released any free games for people to know about you.
He mentioned this was first commercial game and the site lists two other games: Mighty Fish and Strange World Castaway or am I missing something?

Hima
Level 4

OM NOM NOM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 04:06:50 AM »

...this is your first game and you've never released any free games for people to know about you.
He mentioned this was first commercial game and the site lists two other games: Mighty Fish and Strange World Castaway or am I missing something?

My bad, I misread this part

...counting that it’s our first commercial game and we didn’t make any popular freeware game earlier, that we didn’t get covered on any English website and that those are pre-orders, not final release.

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 06:40:26 AM »

Yeah, I made even more freeware games but I wasn't active here at that time (I didn't even know about this board and didn't know English well enough), they're known only by Polish GameMaker community.

I can say that one of publisher wanted 50% for releasing it on some portals and maybe in retail in some countries. But it's not a well known company so I doubt that they could release the game on portals that we couldn't (for example Steam), also the retail-thing was kinda unsure. Not sure if I can talk about the second one.

About the flash version, yeah I was thinking about it but it's a step that we could make after releasing actual game, also we have no experience in developing games in Flash, maybe we could hire someone to do this (I even know someone but dunno if we'll have enough money for this).

Thanks for your feedback, I replied via PM  Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic