Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:02:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHalo 3 Beta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Halo 3 Beta  (Read 3591 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« on: May 18, 2007, 05:52:25 AM »

its a lot like halo 2!
but with a laser!

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 06:57:16 AM »

I would get it, but I don't know how to activate the Xbox Live Gold trial that came with my 360.

lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 08:53:28 AM »

I think if you sign up for a new gamertag, it'll give you a month free instantly...

ravuya
Level 7

Yip yip yip yip yip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 09:07:04 AM »

Hmm, I'll have to try that. Not too endeared of getting a different tag, though, and I could swear I got some pamphlet or something with a few months of free Live Gold with my 360.

It'd probably be faster just to nip over to the game store at lunch and pick up a Gold prepaid and Excitetruck.

PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:07:17 AM »

Yeah, and if you have one of those 3 month cards, you punch in the code on the Marketplace blade.  But you get your month free first.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
lowpoly
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 01:05:16 PM »

pretty sure if you buy time directly through Live, you don't pay sales tax. So it's an even $50...

DrDerekDoctors
THE ARSEHAMMER
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 02:45:04 PM »

Completely not blown away by it. Give me Call Of Duty 2 or Unreal Tournament on the PC any day.

Still, I'm sure I'll love the single player aspect of it. Smiley

Me, David Williamson and Mark Foster do an Indie Games podcast. Give it a listen. And then I'll send you an apology.
http://pigignorant.com/
Bezzy
Level 5

Loves the Gloves

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 06:05:06 PM »

I found it pretty vanilla. Didn't grab me, which is weird, because quake 3 is incredibly vanilla, and yet i found it really enjoyable.

I think that Halo is becoming the Madden Football of FPS games: undenyably popular, but afraid of changing incase they alienate their fanbase. I mean, the coolest thing about it is the recording of matches and stuff... but those features are outside the core, really. All the gameplay changes are kinda incremental.

I don't dislike Halo, but I would not like to work on it and feel a little sorry for those who are. You wouldn't have any room to move, creatively, and the interesting choices you do make will probably piss off the fanbase. But if you don't, cunts like us start criticising you.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Matthew
Rapture
Administrator
Level 3

Milling About

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »

I, too, was surprised by how incremental an update it seemed to be.  I think Bezzy is right, though, they're just playing it safe.  Halo 2 sold 2.38 million units...in its first day.  Why risk a change?

Matthew Wegner
Currently: Aztez
Founder, Flashbang Studios
Partner, Indie Fund
Editor, Fun-Motion
Co-Chair, IGF
PoV
Level 5

Click on the eye and something might happen..maybe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2007, 10:23:30 PM »

Yeah, besides, you're getting Halo Wars too.

Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment - Smiles (HD), PuffBOMB, towlr, Ludum Dare - Blog
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic