Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 01:37:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782517 times)
architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2012, 04:45:24 AM »

Any hint? If I can provide you more useful information, please, let me know.

How can we give you more useful information? Remote debugging? Eclipse? Source? Wish i knew more about coding... Grr

NastyMann
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2012, 04:56:46 AM »

Yay, you won! Just imagine there being a black screen that says 'YOU ESCAPED' on it, with maybe some stats of monsters killed and how nice of a person you are.

Because that's what will be in the next release.

I won? Lovely! Continue working on this, you're doing a grand job. Keep making it fun before you make it pretty; although, I must say, I love the graphics even now.

Is there going to be a version in the future that you must pay for? Because, if so, take all my money.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2012, 08:36:17 AM »

Seems like all the crashes are due to people running integrated GPUs that don't support shaders. I hacked together a quick GL10 immediate mode renderer that will kick in for people that don't support shaders. It's chock full of visual issues - the biggest of which is that there's no dynamic lighting support as of now - but it's better than the game not starting at all.

Try it here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/84007/Delver/delver-alpha-4-13-12b.jar
ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2012, 08:48:31 AM »

Seems like all the crashes are due to people running integrated GPUs that don't support shaders. I hacked together a quick GL10 immediate mode renderer that will kick in for people that don't support shaders. It's chock full of visual issues - the biggest of which is that there's no dynamic lighting support as of now - but it's better than the game not starting at all.

Oh god, immediate mode.

Wait, isn't this software rendered? I saw that other video on your channel...
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:12 AM »

Oh god, immediate mode.

I know, god save us all.

The original seed of the idea came from that software renderer but I've gone through a few different Open GL renderers since then. Latest one draws everything via shaders so that it's fast enough to run on crappy phones.
ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »

Oh god, immediate mode.

I know, god save us all.

The original seed of the idea came from that software renderer but I've gone through a few different Open GL renderers since then. Latest one draws everything via shaders so that it's fast enough to run on crappy phones.
Ahh. Good to know Smiley
architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2012, 10:47:46 AM »

Working! Sweet!  Coffee

ok so ... first run everything went great. really smooth. so i escaped out to run a recording program and fired Delver back up only to find things to be different. You said "visual issues" but what about crazy light-strobes all over the screen?! (I did try deleting the save folder because it worked perfect first run)... @Interrupt permission to upload screen recording?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:20:44 AM by architech7 » Logged

Vader69
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2012, 11:50:52 AM »

I know this sounds like a dumb question but I think a needed question considering Notch posted a video of this on his twitter you might be getting some more traffic your way and could save you some time later on down the road. Some people might be confused on how to start and actually play this game. You just give them download for the files with no instructions, a huge pile of files with no .exes or anything. To somebody not skilled in java based games would be completely lost and would not know where to begin to start playing.

Just as a suggestion please add some sort of "How to play me" in a text document so your not bombarded with "ZOMG DOSENT WORK CANT INSTALL" or "HERP HOW TO INSTALL?" Love the game so far keep up the great work  Beer!.

architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2012, 11:54:58 AM »

I know this sounds like a dumb question

I was thinking the same thing... (that their should be some type of documentation) however you should be able to just "double-click" the jar file in windows and run the application. That's kind of a short read-me file  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:04:55 PM by architech7 » Logged

Vader69
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2012, 12:03:38 PM »

Well only reason I bring this up like myself have WinRar installed and Winrar can open .jar files. Can be confusing when somebody has similar setup installed and when they double click a .jar it wants to extract it. Not to mention theirs 8 jar files.  Tongue
architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2012, 12:06:39 PM »

Well only reason I bring this up like myself have WinRar installed and Winrar can open .jar files. Can be confusing when somebody has similar setup installed and when they double click a .jar it wants to extract it. Not to mention theirs 8 jar files.  Tongue

Good point! I'm sure his hands are full... then you got guys like me trying to run it on an integrated graphics card and running him down rabbit trails he never intended to waste time with #sorry

Vader69
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »

All in the name of alpha testing  Wink No worries like I said just as a suggestion when time permits I fully understand its a work in progress and in alpha stages.  Hand Thumbs Up Left   
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2012, 12:22:55 PM »

All in the name of alpha testing  Wink No worries like I said just as a suggestion when time permits I fully understand its a work in progress and in alpha stages.  Hand Thumbs Up Left   

Yeah this is early alpha, only expected technical-ish people to be interested at this stage so I hadn't gotten around to making any launchers yet. It's planned but at the moment it's a priority under getting the game running for everyone.
jors
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2012, 02:21:23 PM »

Yes, as you said, now it works for me but with lots of artifacts that I can hardly see what's happening most of time. My graphics card is: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller.

Keep up the good work!
architech7
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2012, 02:22:53 PM »

Yes, as you said, now it works for me but with lots of artifacts that I can hardly see what's happening most of time. My graphics card is: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller.

Keep up teh good work!

Something like this! http://minus.com/mbbuEUUMf9/1f
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 04:03:48 PM by architech7 » Logged

ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »

"GOODBYE DELVER"

sigh
MattSantoyo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2012, 03:30:08 PM »

instead of
java jar-

use
java -jar

Apologies, my memory is not as good as it used to be... Almost beat the game, you should add a difficulty meter to help those not as fortunate.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »

Something like this! http://minus.com/mXifewelT/3f

Oh man, that's bad. Can you run 'glxinfo' and PM the output? Would help to know what linux drivers you're using, some have known issues with the framework I'm using.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2012, 03:39:07 PM »

"GOODBYE DELVER"

sigh

That screen needs some sad music.
ajf
Level 0

JavaScript + HTML5 FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »

"GOODBYE DELVER"

sigh

That screen needs some sad music.
Or you could be evil and add laughter sounds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic