Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411424 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:32:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782490 times)
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: January 04, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »

Default weapon is Storm Wand? Seems legit.
RexVault
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: January 04, 2013, 04:35:53 PM »

Hey guys Smiley If you feel like checking this out, that'd rock Smiley Thanks!

Cool

- Rex
Deadlock
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: January 06, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »

I love this game, and the new graphics really add a new dimension and open up exciting new possibilities.  I registered on here for this project as I'm really interested in asking a few questions, and play testing (I already purchased the Android version).

I understand that you are still using Libgdx for developing?  If so are you using an OpenGL ES2 renderer, or is it using OpenGL ES1?

Out of interest as well, and I'm just guessing, is the editor made with Lwjgl?  Also, how are you handling the collisions - it must be getting quite complex looking at those indoor slopes.. does the game use a BSP type of system of sorts?

You've probably covered this one, but I can't seem to find it among the 150 pages of feedback(!): do you have any plans to make this co-op or multi-player?

The outdoor levels look so much fun to play.  I keep dying on like level 2 of the game so I've never had the chance to discover whether you eventually get there.  I only play on my Android most of the time, so do the 2 versions differ?  Android vs Desktop??

Personally I'd like to see some more items and perhaps a few more stats in the game to give it more of an rpg feel, as although I really enjoy the combat elements, I think it could be even more addictive if there were quests for items, armour, weapons and so on.  I'd also like to be able to choose my class and name my character.

I hope you don't mind the questions from an aspiring game developer Smiley  this is my number one project to watch for 2013, and I wish you the very best of luck consolidating an already amazing start!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:39:49 PM by Deadlock » Logged
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2063 on: January 07, 2013, 09:15:05 AM »

I love this game, and the new graphics really add a new dimension and open up exciting new possibilities.  I registered on here for this project as I'm really interested in asking a few questions, and play testing (I already purchased the Android version).

I understand that you are still using Libgdx for developing?  If so are you using an OpenGL ES2 renderer, or is it using OpenGL ES1?

Out of interest as well, and I'm just guessing, is the editor made with Lwjgl?  Also, how are you handling the collisions - it must be getting quite complex looking at those indoor slopes.. does the game use a BSP type of system of sorts?

You've probably covered this one, but I can't seem to find it among the 150 pages of feedback(!): do you have any plans to make this co-op or multi-player?

The outdoor levels look so much fun to play.  I keep dying on like level 2 of the game so I've never had the chance to discover whether you eventually get there.  I only play on my Android most of the time, so do the 2 versions differ?  Android vs Desktop??

Personally I'd like to see some more items and perhaps a few more stats in the game to give it more of an rpg feel, as although I really enjoy the combat elements, I think it could be even more addictive if there were quests for items, armour, weapons and so on.  I'd also like to be able to choose my class and name my character.

I hope you don't mind the questions from an aspiring game developer Smiley  this is my number one project to watch for 2013, and I wish you the very best of luck consolidating an already amazing start!

1) I use both Open GL 1.0 and 2.0 - 2.0 is the main path with the fanciest effects, but there's a watered down 1.0 renderer for people without shader support.

2) Editor is using the same rendering engine as the game, always the best way to go. The physics system is basically just axis-aligned-bounding-boxes being checked against the underlying 2d tile map, with some extra checks to get the ceiling and floor heights at a given point on a tile.

3) Multiplayer would be fun, but it's not very high on my list of things to do.

4) Outdoors aren't in the game yet but I've been working on adding support for it into the engine, hence that tech demo buried in this thread.

5) The main focus for the next big release will be fleshing out the stat system some more, and making item modifiers and effects deeper. Classes are also on the list, but there are still some unanswered questions around the magic system to work through first.
Clatch
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: January 07, 2013, 09:17:01 AM »

WOW, I wasn't expecting much - but this is really entertaining.  In fact, it's kinda hard now to go back to a 2D rogue. Smiley

I'm surprised more people are playing with the mod tools and info on the wiki.  I wanted to load one of the mods, but it locked up on my version: alpha 11 03 12.

Is there a particular version mods are compatible with?

..... I just bought the Delver for PC.  Thanks to the Dev for throwing in the Android with it!

It looks like some of the mods are for some older version of Delver.  I can't wait to start modding this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:23:06 PM by Clatch » Logged
vittorioromeo
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2065 on: January 07, 2013, 12:02:24 PM »

Finally got some time to work on Delver again, working on adding better entity support into the editor to make it possible to place and modify entities beyond the few editor markers that are supported now. This will be used to place decals, ambient lights, custom monsters, static meshes, etc.

Also, since the Delver engine is getting closer and closer to the one used in System Shock, it seemed fitting to do this:

Oh, this is just too amazing to see for a System Shock fan  Kiss

Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 08, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »

Ah, the engine is becoming more and more impressive as time goes on. If the engine gets a separate release as things become more finished I can see it being used for many neat little games :D

As for the latest screenshots, nice! I've long had this idea that one could do a total conversion mod and make a sci-fi Delver, it'd be awesome, I'm not exactly much of a texturer though :p

Would definitely love to see a sci-fi game using the delver at some point, be it just another randomized rogue like or a more structured game.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2067 on: January 15, 2013, 02:56:16 PM »

More work on the editor, mainly around entity placement and cloning. I'm excited to see what people can do with the upgraded editor when it's released Smiley
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 15, 2013, 03:08:48 PM »

*Mind starts thinking in awesome possibilities*
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2069 on: January 15, 2013, 03:42:50 PM »

dude! new release right away!  Screamy

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2070 on: January 16, 2013, 09:25:32 AM »

Working on static mesh support. The lighting model is pretty naive right now, I'll probably need to run through the level on startup and batch all the meshes per chunk, and also bake in the lighting info per vertex at that time.
nickgravelyn
« Reply #2071 on: January 16, 2013, 09:34:24 AM »

Wow that looks awesome. Is the editor Mac only?
ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: January 16, 2013, 09:35:33 AM »

no the editor is java based so it can run on any computer running java 1.6+

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
nickgravelyn
« Reply #2073 on: January 16, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »

no the editor is java based so it can run on any computer running java 1.6+
Awesome. Sorry if I missed that in the thread. Too busy eyeing the awesome screenshots.  Coffee
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2074 on: January 18, 2013, 08:02:18 AM »

Next up is decals, going to use these for things like scorch marks from explosions, blood spatters, or just plain decoration. Right now they're at least triangulating properly so the next step is to actually texture them.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2075 on: January 18, 2013, 08:17:08 AM »

I'm totally pumped for decals. I think it can be a cheap way to add variation to dungeon generation (grates, chains, moss, bas-reliefs etc...) Perhaps even allow the player to make marks on the wall to help aid navigation?

On a different note: Is this the place to still look for fresh dev builds? Or has that moved somewhere else?

a6n0rma1
Level 0

I am rubber...you are glue...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2076 on: January 18, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »

Possible new bug discovered. Once 2 enemies spawned on the same place with a skull, and the got stuck there. They wouldn't even attack me when i got close. One of them was a mage and he didn't attack when i was in range.
DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: January 18, 2013, 01:35:33 PM »

Sounds more like they both hit a teleport trap in quick succession.
I've had the same thing happen to me and a mob

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2078 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:57 PM »

Decals work! Now I can sleep tonight Smiley

Sounds more like they both hit a teleport trap in quick succession.
I've had the same thing happen to me and a mob

Yeah, that's it. Haven't figured out what to do in that case - I could either put the mob in another square close to the destination, or I could go Quake style and have the mob instagib anything in the way when they teleport.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: January 19, 2013, 11:21:24 AM »

That looks awsome, can we expect a build with decals soon?

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic