Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 03:34:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782982 times)
MikeRatzlaff
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: January 30, 2013, 07:28:50 PM »

One more "bug": If you have your inventory open, and there is an item on the ground behind your inventory, when you hover over items in your inventory it actually shows the details of the item on the ground.  And also, hover text appears under other text on the screen (like your current AC, hit damage, etc) so it's hard to read if that text is in the way.

And about my previous comment about items falling in the water:  You can still get them if their sprite is showing above the water.  So I'm guessing that you're doing some kind of vector cast to see if there is an object to get, and that vector stops at the water.

Some ideas of things to add, some you probably already know of:
  • Add transparency slider for the hud to the options screen.  I made a cool UW1 paperdoll for the inventory slots but I can barely see it.
  • Fix arrow stacks.  Other items should stack too, like scrolls and potions
  • Potions should identify after you drink them.  And maybe scrolls and wands shouldn't be identified until they are used also?
  • can you increase the "get" distance just a little?  I feel like I have to stand right on top of things and look down to pick them up.
  • Maybe traps should show up on the map after you've seen them go off?

Some things, kinda bugs, but more like just some stuff I broke while trying to do mods:
  • trying to spawn items with the dungeon info.dat files makes them not getable
  • Ranged Weapons don't seem to care what missiles you use.  for my UW mod I created sling, bow, and crossbow, and stones, arrows, and bolts.  Any weapon can fire any missile.
  • Trying to create a healer, I made a monster with a negative attack.  This crashes the game whenever it attacks.  I then gave it a zero attack and a spell with a negative baseDamage.  A negative randDamage will also crash the game.  But this works - I can get healed from this monsters spell attack but it ignores maxHP and I can heal as high up as I want.
  • I was trying to make a fishing pole so I made a weapon with a range of 3 and a knockback of -2.  This does weird things.  Sometimes I can bring an enemy right through me and they end up behind me.  Sometimes they are "inside" me.  And sometimes they come, hit me, and then go flying back further away then they were before I hit them.  Also it seems the knockback calculation is purely 2-dimensional as I can't knock things up or down even when I'm standing way above or below them.
  • Can you made it so that items on the ground are affected by knockback?  Then my fishing pole would be really cool - there could even be a part where an item is up out of reach, or a part where an item is out on an island in lava so you have to decide to either brave the lava or go find a fishing pole.
  • Can you made a flag for monsters like isWaterMonster so that I can make my UW lurkers?  Obviously a water monster can only spawn and move on water.  Also, isLavaMonster so I can make my fire elementals.
  • also entities need flags for floatsOnWater and floatsOnLava.  When an entity floats it will bob with the surface of the water, instead of being on a fixed y-offset like it is now.
  • I've tried creating enchanted items (like ring of fire resist or amulet of poison resist, etc) in the items.dat file but it crashes the game.  I am doing it wrong or is this not implemented yet?  I'm trying it like this:
             {
                class:com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.items.Armor,
                itemType:armor,
                tex:48,
                name:"RING OF FIRE RESIST",
                armor:0,
                equipLoc:"RING",
                yOffset:-0.11
                enchantment: {
                   class: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.items.ItemModification,
                   fireResist: 3
                }
             }
dorrax
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: February 02, 2013, 01:00:41 PM »

I just bought delver for my xperia play, and it's pretty fun, I like it, but it's hard to control without xperia button support. Am I missing something? All I can find on Google is an article from may 2012 that said xperia play controls would be done eventually. Other than that, I like it a lot, good work.
kensupen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: February 02, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »

MikeRatzlaff

Can you post your texture packs on the Delver wiki? I've been trying to make one, but not very good at it.
nerdwhopwnsyou
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: February 03, 2013, 07:40:23 AM »

Looks very good, I've played through with what you have now. Beat the game a few times. I liked the idea of an Overworld and all, but I think you should work on a co-op mode. Maybe even expand the dungeons from 7 floors to about 10 to give a bit more challenge because I found the game fairly easy. Just some ideas for later on. But overall it's an amazing game and I would love to see more of it.
kensupen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: February 03, 2013, 06:51:25 PM »

Has anyone figured out how to make magic resistance gear?
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2105 on: February 06, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »

Yay decals, should help show the player where they've been already:

Has anyone figured out how to make magic resistance gear?

I'm not sure if the magic resist gear is even wired up yet, I'll need to double check.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: February 06, 2013, 01:47:33 PM »

Footsteps
Dementor561
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: February 07, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »

I don't like the footsteps imo. They look bad and the map already functions for everything the footsteps could.
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2108 on: February 07, 2013, 04:03:37 PM »

I think footsteps would be neat if they faded out after a few steps.
Would be interesting to be able to see monster tracks too, like slimes leaving goo puddles behind.

Odkin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: February 07, 2013, 07:08:29 PM »

I suggested footsteps but envisioned them more as subtle disturbances on the floor.  Can decals be something like a 50% transparent dark color?
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: February 07, 2013, 10:32:44 PM »

That looks more like a blood trail to me. I like the idea of leaving a permanent trail only when low on health...
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2111 on: February 08, 2013, 04:55:19 PM »

That looks more like a blood trail to me. I like the idea of leaving a permanent trail only when low on health...

Yeah, that's the aftermath of a battle - not footsteps.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: February 08, 2013, 07:17:46 PM »

So your pretty much just working on the visuals rather than new monsters, floors, theame, magic, armor, and weapons, cause I would rather have the other things than visuals.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
dorrax
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: February 09, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »

Sorry to nag about xperia play controls, but I can't see through my fat fingers and would love an alternative to touchscreen. I asked.the guy who made dosbox turbo about xperia play controls and he said Sony wasnt going to update the OS for the play, and that made the controls hard to do. Is that the case here?
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2114 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »

Is there a chance you'll support the Moga Gamepad? The game would end up on a (rather short) list of supported games so it could be nice publicity Smiley

wethesqueemish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2115 on: February 09, 2013, 03:47:04 PM »

Saw this randomly on youtube. Glad to have found the devlog here.

Love the game so far! Looking forward to future updates!
kensupen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: February 09, 2013, 04:32:22 PM »

How do you load levels made with the editor? Do the crystals/grass/stones get added randomly, or are those part of the decoration entities?
Karroc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: February 09, 2013, 06:08:30 PM »

Hi! This game looks really cool, but I am having a problem playing. I have downloaded the demo/free version from the front page, but every time I try to open it a window pops up for half a second, then vanishes and the app crashes.
Any help would be awesome!
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: February 09, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »

You have to open it from its directory and not the start menu, so that it can load its nearby files that make it work.

I think.
Karroc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: February 09, 2013, 06:32:49 PM »

What do you mean? (sorry)
I only have one .jar file, from the main page...
Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic