Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411278 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:28:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 779652 times)
jemblem13
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 23, 2013, 09:05:47 AM »

Can I be added to open beta?  Tongue
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 23, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »

I played a little bit last night, and managed to get stuck climbing out of water. It was such that I couldn't go back into the water, nor could I get up on the land.

Thanks, confirms a bug that someone else saw. On my bug list.

Am i too late to join in on the beta testing?

Nope, I can add you to the list.

Did you increase the time traps take to reset or is that just me not having played in a while and thinking they reset quicker before?

I did up the reset time, attempting to make traps less annoying.

Hey Chad, I sent you a PM. Smiley
Can't wait to see all the new features you've implemented. Keep it up. Smiley
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 23, 2013, 12:59:31 PM »

Oh yeah I will be putting up announcements on the wiki.  And like I said, I did add forums to the wiki so I will be putting up announcement there.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
KamaKama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 23, 2013, 11:49:28 PM »

Hi,

I'm not sure how recent the version I played was and if this particular bug I encountered is fixed. I downloaded the 'current test version' in the OP and played through it.
That is, I would have if it was not for a bug that makes the game impossible to complete.

I didn't know that Level 7 was the final level and that there was a gate you have to find a key for. I used the Teleport Scroll that I had found along the way and got warped right into the last room. After fighting the skeletons and retrieving the Orb I was kind of happy I'd beat the game (because I actually thought it was one of these endless 'last as long as you can' dungeon crawlers).
Wanting to leave the room I encountered gates that were just simply 'locked', with no means to open from my side. Kind of upset me that I was unable to finish :v

If this is not yet fixed (which I sorta doubt seeing as the version I played was from last year), these are possible solutions I'd consider:

- Disable teleporting for the last level or atleast make it put you outside of the gate, still giving you the opportunity to find the key and open it.
- Unlock/Open the gate on teleport  (and make the key disappear from the dungeon to prevent people being thrown-off by finding a key that they don't need)

Hope this is any helpful at all. I should probably pay for the game to play more recent versions. From what I've seen, you and your game are certainly worthy of being supported.

EDIT: In case those beta testing slots are free however, I'd gladly be added to the list Smiley
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 24, 2013, 05:44:11 AM »

I heard no mention of that issue at all up to this point, so I assume you found something new. Usually using scroll of teleport in Level 7 instantly kills you (very high chance of landing in lava), so none of us have dared use it.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2265 on: April 24, 2013, 11:08:54 AM »

Hi,

I'm not sure how recent the version I played was and if this particular bug I encountered is fixed. I downloaded the 'current test version' in the OP and played through it.
That is, I would have if it was not for a bug that makes the game impossible to complete.

I didn't know that Level 7 was the final level and that there was a gate you have to find a key for. I used the Teleport Scroll that I had found along the way and got warped right into the last room. After fighting the skeletons and retrieving the Orb I was kind of happy I'd beat the game (because I actually thought it was one of these endless 'last as long as you can' dungeon crawlers).
Wanting to leave the room I encountered gates that were just simply 'locked', with no means to open from my side. Kind of upset me that I was unable to finish :v

If this is not yet fixed (which I sorta doubt seeing as the version I played was from last year), these are possible solutions I'd consider:

- Disable teleporting for the last level or atleast make it put you outside of the gate, still giving you the opportunity to find the key and open it.
- Unlock/Open the gate on teleport  (and make the key disappear from the dungeon to prevent people being thrown-off by finding a key that they don't need)

Hope this is any helpful at all. I should probably pay for the game to play more recent versions. From what I've seen, you and your game are certainly worthy of being supported.

EDIT: In case those beta testing slots are free however, I'd gladly be added to the list Smiley

I'll add you to the testing list, good find. I'll add a button to open the door from the other side if you somehow make it over there Smiley
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: April 24, 2013, 02:26:40 PM »

Could you add an Algerian to not put you over lava?

Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2267 on: April 24, 2013, 03:05:54 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have any power over the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
Cheepchee
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: April 24, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »

Is it still too late to get in on the beta testing?
kensupen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: April 24, 2013, 05:26:59 PM »

I'm using an ATI graphics card and I also get the weird polygons after going down/up a ladder. If you back out to the menu and re-load the level, it's fine until you change a level by ladder.

Is there a place that lists all the keyboard commands for delver, like F=Fullscreen? Also, how do you take a screenshot ingame?
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: April 24, 2013, 07:58:37 PM »

Unfortunately I don't have any power over the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria
Stupid autocorrect...  (Doing this from my iPad)
I meant algerithem duh...  At least I think that's how you spell it because I'm not trusting autocorrect on this.

Smiley
Leonick
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: April 24, 2013, 08:13:17 PM »

You're looking for algorithm. Starting with 'alger...' is probably what set of the autocorrect, guess Algeria was the only word it recognized to start that way :p
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: April 25, 2013, 02:37:40 AM »

You're looking for algorithm. Starting with 'alger...' is probably what set of the autocorrect, guess Algeria was the only word it recognized to start that way :p
you mean off,. :p

Smiley
KamaKama
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: April 25, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »

I'll add you to the testing list, good find.

Now how does this work? Need me to PM you for a current version or do you use some sort of automated program that sends the files to everyone on the list? :p Looking forward to play and hopefully being able to give a little bit of help.
andypaxo
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2274 on: April 25, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »

Discovered Delver on Google Play store a few weeks ago. Just wanted to say that this is an absolutely excellent game.

Love the atmosphere, love the depth of the game and the gameplay is absolutely solid.
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2275 on: April 25, 2013, 11:14:13 PM »

Yep, best and smoothest (?) FPS touch control scheme so far.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: April 26, 2013, 10:29:02 AM »

When is the new update scheduled to be public?

Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2277 on: April 26, 2013, 10:53:08 AM »

Once this build is more or less stable. Blocker issues so far are the widespread graphical oddities and some collision problems.
ImHereForDelver
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: April 27, 2013, 05:37:42 AM »

Hey everyone been working on a mod which adds a bunch of stuff to the game, including new weapons, new textures, a deep storyline and new enemies!

It isn't finished yet, so if you download and play it, any feedback would be appreciated!

Download -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/pfr3je0plelr74f/Space%20Delver.zip  

Just so you know you can change the sound with mods, I know you might already know this but I was telling you just in case you didn't.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: April 27, 2013, 07:04:19 AM »

Once this build is more or less stable. Blocker issues so far are the widespread graphical oddities and some collision problems.
Ok!

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic