Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 11:12:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 779700 times)
matriax
« Reply #2340 on: May 18, 2013, 06:45:37 AM »

There is a Demo version to play the game? if not, is planned?

PD. Voted on steam Greenlight Wink
Zoju
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 18, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »

You guys are all using "should" in the place of "I want it to". Just pointing that out.
They are somewhat interchangeable. We said "should" in the sense that "this is how I think the game should be", essentially saying, "this is, in my opinion, the way the game would be the best".
Not all that different from "this is how I want the game to be".

Maybe there could be different skills that could be learned.
There are many games I want to see stuff like this, but I'm not sure if it fits Delver, though. It's not a long, complicated, campaign-like experience like some other roguelikes are. I don't think I'd want to do smithing and stuff in it, it's only 8 levels or so after all.
Dungeons of Dredmor and Crawl both have skills, but they are both long enough to justify character progression features like that.

I'm a sucker for any game that compliments combat-heavy gameplay with non-combat skills to help you through the levels (D&D skills like dungeoneering, disabling traps, dispelling magic to open magical locks... *drooling Homer sound*) but I don't think Delver could utilize them to the fullest.

What skills did you have in mind?

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: May 18, 2013, 12:27:11 PM »

But I mean who says the game can't be Mae longer.  Correct me if I'm wrong but was their not at one point a plan to make it 10 floors?

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2343 on: May 18, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »

Hey Interrupt, you said that I could be added to the tester list, if so then why haven't heard anything more? About where to get the test build?

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Harkulka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 18, 2013, 04:42:16 PM »

http://www.intrrpt.com/delver/

You can pick the game up here for $5.

As for all the "should"'s and "I think"'s, its all opinion, I prefer my games one way, you prefer your games another way, and someone else preferres it different to that again.

I personally have been thinking about it and would feel any classes at all would be over complicating the game, there's really no need for it. While some sort of character development would be good, I feel that should be added later on. Right now the focus should be the environment.

Plus, jumping would be a grand feature to have.
Ahbu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:04 PM »

Made this account just to say, keep up the good work! Maybe even great work. Looking forward to more of this game. Although I have one request...maybe add a multiplayer function like LAN? My brother and I love this game but it would be 100x better if we could play on a co-op server.
aetherX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: May 18, 2013, 05:54:26 PM »

I feel a little stupid asking, but what do the potions that say "You feel warm" and "You feel arcane" and such actually do?

Also, I ended up with 4 red potions at one point, and drank all of them at once; the first three healed me but the last poisoned me.

Could someone enlighten me?
Ahbu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 18, 2013, 07:20:29 PM »

Back again to ask, can I please join the testings?  Grin
DeviantYoda
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: May 18, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »

Oh look, a helpful source of recognition!

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 18, 2013, 10:59:29 PM »

I feel a little stupid asking, but what do the potions that say "You feel warm" and "You feel arcane" and such actually do?

Also, I ended up with 4 red potions at one point, and drank all of them at once; the first three healed me but the last poisoned me.

Could someone enlighten me?

Potions are really fun. There are 6 colours and each colour does a different thing every playthrough. Here's the list of what they can do:

• Two are edible, which is labelled and is healing over time. "You feel warm" is this
  • One makes you feel arcane. This restores MP which does nothing and isn't shown.
  • One burns. This inflicts poison on yourself.
  • One is a large health restore. You feel restored.
  • One is a heal+antidote. You feel better.
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 18, 2013, 11:04:31 PM »

I just made a SPLIT-SCREEN Delver Let's Play. Ooh, innovative. :D
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2351 on: May 19, 2013, 01:58:00 AM »

As for all the "should"'s and "I think"'s, its all opinion, I prefer my games one way, you prefer your games another way, and someone else preferres it different to that again.

I personally have been thinking about it and would feel any classes at all would be over complicating the game, there's really no need for it. While some sort of character development would be good, I feel that should be added later on. Right now the focus should be the environment.

Oh, even the testers have to pay the 5 bucks? In that case, leave me out.

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Harkulka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 19, 2013, 02:42:51 AM »

Really? You aren't gonna spend $5 on a brilliant game? It's once off and you get all future updates. You obviously can't like it if you aren't even willing to spend that much to support it >.>
bexsella
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: May 19, 2013, 04:07:20 AM »

Wow... Just wow.
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 19, 2013, 04:20:10 AM »

And that's why I bought the game when it first came out/early on, and you should too. One day, when it's in the beta development stage, and costs about $10, you're going to regret not getting it for $5 when you had the chance.
Suedeash
Level 0

That guy.

View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: May 19, 2013, 04:27:45 AM »

Also, jumping just defeats the whole point of Delver, as odd as that sounds. A man capable of defeating magical beasts can't even jump.
RynnZ
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: May 19, 2013, 11:13:35 AM »

Could I be added to the testing list aswell?

Can do.

Oh, hey, I was under the impression that purchasing the game got you all the beta builds.

I'd like to be a part of the testing list too!
Insomniaque
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: May 19, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »

Liked the game a lot! Played through, almost survived, took me a while to figure out the throw item command's use for traps. Nice touch.

I would like to see more sprawling levels, using more of the map, some levels only spanned maybe a quarter of the space. I'd love to see more maps with long detours, deadends, etc.

Another thing I'd like is difficulty settings, I found the game's difficulty curve was a little too conservative for a roguelike title, more mobs, tougher mobs, etc. I like the ones included a lot, the skeletal mages are truly a bitch.

I found the lich a little underwhelming challenge wise.

Last thing is I'd love for there to be an identification system, or at least some sort of way to determine potion useage. Consistency of effect related to colour works well. Also stackable potions, scrolls.

Other than those comments I truly enjoyed the game. Thank you for making it. Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2358 on: May 19, 2013, 02:26:10 PM »

Could I be added to the testing list aswell?

Can do.

Oh, hey, I was under the impression that purchasing the game got you all the beta builds.

I'd like to be a part of the testing list too!

It does, but I don't have a great way of distributing beta builds to people yet. Tigsource only lets you PM 10 people at a time, so I think I missed people the last time around who volunteered for testing. What I'll probably end up doing is making an email list that can be used for distributing beta builds and feedback.
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: May 19, 2013, 02:42:58 PM »

I haven't checked TIGSource in forever. The latest build I have access to is Delver 0.65; is that right?

also can I get on the beta test list too please
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic