Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 04:52:15 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782471 times)
aetherX
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:38 AM »

Look at all these people who registered just for this really small, wonderful game.  Wink

I think we all know that this game might get big.

Might?
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: May 21, 2013, 04:15:46 AM »

Look at all these people who registered just for this really small, wonderful game.  Wink
One of those people would be me.  When this game is really popular I will be proud!

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
GeneralSparkzz
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:56 AM »

Very fun and interesting game. I cant wait to see future versions. Will their be more levels and more of a story?
Muzuh
Level 0

Jungle Man!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2383 on: May 21, 2013, 06:23:24 AM »

I think we all know that this game might get big.

Might?

Excuse the might. Will. I'm just going to wait to see the day!

Andar en bicicleta! I speaka duh espanola!
MasterFenrir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: May 21, 2013, 07:25:02 AM »

I'm really interested in this game, and the basic modding support.
When I know Java better, I'll look into that for sure.

I have one idea for this game as it is now. I understand permadeath adds challenge, but I also think that for some people it could ruin the game if they die when they've gotten really far.
Not that the game is a bad game if that happens, but the frustration might keep them from playing any more.

For this, I came up with a solution. An alternative, so you can choose between the two.
Every time you die, you return to the beginning of the floor you died on. Your level and inventory is restored to what it was when you entered the floor. But that is not all, no, the floor is regenerated upon death. In that case, you only have to redo one floor, but it will be completely different, so it won't be easier or boring.

Sorry if this has already been suggested.
david.vlach2
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: May 21, 2013, 08:26:05 AM »

I have one idea for this game as it is now. I understand permadeath adds challenge, but I also think that for some people it could ruin the game if they die when they've gotten really far.
Not that the game is a bad game if that happens, but the frustration might keep them from playing any more.

For this, I came up with a solution. An alternative, so you can choose between the two.
Every time you die, you return to the beginning of the floor you died on. Your level and inventory is restored to what it was when you entered the floor. But that is not all, no, the floor is regenerated upon death. In that case, you only have to redo one floor, but it will be completely different, so it won't be easier or boring.

Firstly, it's roguelike. Secondly, you can utilize save-scumming. As I did once. Wink
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 21, 2013, 11:27:42 AM »

Large splash on Ice? I like that. How about instead of a large splash on Fire, an enemy set on fire can set others on fire, or the blast leaves a poison trap (in terms of functionality only) on impact?
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 21, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »

Correct me if im wrong but on every level up the XP needed for the next level up doubles so it's like this right?

Format

Currenct Level --> Next Level

Experiance Needed

Total Experiance

The amount of experiance needed to progress the first 10 levels

1 --> 2

2 --> 3

3 --> 4

4 --> 5

5 --> 6

6 --> 7

7 --> 8

8 --> 9

9 --> 10

Note:I took this straight from my artical on the wiki so I would rally like to know if it's right.

Smiley
Muzuh
Level 0

Jungle Man!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2388 on: May 21, 2013, 02:17:48 PM »

I started thinking about the traps, and I've seen them hit other mobs, but do they actually harm them? And maybe a way for the player to control the traps?  Gentleman

ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: May 21, 2013, 03:47:32 PM »

this brings a smile to my face

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2390 on: May 21, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »

I saw Delver was pretty high on best selling apps on google play. Nice Smiley

Something I thought about recently, are chests. There aren't any chests in the game which is weird for a roguelike.

Chests and doors are high up on my wishlist, I guess I just like opening things.. :D

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 21, 2013, 05:42:39 PM »

I saw Delver was pretty high on best selling apps on google play. Nice Smiley

Something I thought about recently, are chests. There aren't any chests in the game which is weird for a roguelike.

Chests and doors are high up on my wishlist, I guess I just like opening things.. :D

Same here on that note.  Maybe at the start of the first level there could just be a little chest to get you started.  There could also be chests placed in important areas like the boss room.  Perhaps these chests could have legendary wepons and armor.  I also believe that there already is a sprite for the chest so it wouldn't be that hard to get a test run of the chests.  The I still say would be a great theatrical enhancement to the game.  Even if they didnt do anything other then open or close it would still be nice to have,

Smiley
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2392 on: May 21, 2013, 06:00:44 PM »

Would be pretty cool if items just popped out on the ground when you open the chest.
But it would be pretty pointless unless chests were rare and had a higher chance of dropping powerful loot.

Ahbu
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 21, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »

I just have to say the game is great! But I wonder if you have any future plans of making it multiplayer compatible? Like a LAN or maybe even online? I'm just wondering so continue the good work!  Grin
Muzuh
Level 0

Jungle Man!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2394 on: May 21, 2013, 07:09:46 PM »

Would be pretty cool if items just popped out on the ground when you open the chest.
But it would be pretty pointless unless chests were rare and had a higher chance of dropping powerful loot.

Thought the same way as well.

MasterFenrir
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 22, 2013, 05:06:26 AM »

Firstly, it's roguelike. Secondly, you can utilize save-scumming. As I did once. Wink

You are completely correct. I just mentioned it because roguelike is not for everyone.
Now I must admit, not every game is for everyone, but I think it would be an easy way to make this accessible to a broader audience if my suggestion were to be implemented as an option.
So that you can choose between permadeath or the easier variant. The original game would be untouched.

I'm just suggesting this because I fell in love with the simpleness and pure fun of this game and I'd really like this to become really popular and well known^^
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2396 on: May 22, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »

https://plus.google.com/+WilWheaton/posts/d2SWtkGpRab

http://owlturd.com/post/51084637952/i-thought-i-would-share-with-yall-something-that

fjkdslfjkdlsjfklds
Dementor561
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 22, 2013, 05:01:53 PM »

Ermergerd.
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2398 on: May 22, 2013, 05:23:06 PM »

Pretty flippin' sweet.

ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 22, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »

Ok that's just awesome.  This game has gotten some good recognition lately.  Those two, Yogscast.  They are all begging you to go on.  Before I was 80% this would be a hit.  Now I'm 95% sure it will be a hit.  And when it is I will get to say I was one of the original Delver's.

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic