Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411523 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 02:09:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782979 times)
Lord Belial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: December 20, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

I realy like the tile script. would it be possible to add slowing tile materials like swamp or snow or slippery tiles like ice?

can we use an make mods in android version? still align for an android release for christmass?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 01:25:38 PM by Lord Belial » Logged
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: December 21, 2013, 07:33:11 AM »

Is there a plan to releases a December update?

If so I think that what the game needs is a tutorial.  Not anything long just something to explain how traps work and explain how the death system works.
Also have you considered adding additional floors?  I think that if you did that along with a short tutorial mode a lot of the haters might stop complaining as much.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Whiteclaws
Level 10

#include <funny.h>

View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: December 21, 2013, 07:41:31 AM »

Well , he could do what mmo's do , make the spawn a training zone with dummies and npc's that say helpful stuff , starters always talk to npc's the first time , to know their way around
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3163 on: December 21, 2013, 03:20:11 PM »

Is there a plan to releases a December update?

If so I think that what the game needs is a tutorial.  Not anything long just something to explain how traps work and explain how the death system works.
Also have you considered adding additional floors?  I think that if you did that along with a short tutorial mode a lot of the haters might stop complaining as much.

December update will probably just be bug fixes, holidays are getting in the way of getting too much done this month. I would like to get an updated version out for Android soon though.
nokturnal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: December 21, 2013, 05:17:58 PM »

This should be useful for anyone wanting to make a doom mod, where damaging green slime would be important Smiley

What you're seeing is the black fog that's in place that fades out the lighting over distance, mainly for atmospheric reasons and to be evocative of the older games we're riffing from. This could be modded out by making changes to the dungeons.dat file if someone wanted to see what it looks like without it. The fog starting distance, ending distance, and color are things that can be monkeyed with in there.

cool, thanks. i'll try playing around with that..
also, doom mod would be awesome, you should consider that for your next project Tongue
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3165 on: December 21, 2013, 06:16:42 PM »

thanks for the holiday update... this is absolutely awesome. love the new mace. had a lot of fun with knocking things into walls and then beating them up haha, haven't seen the hammers yet, any hints as to what they do? also, try adding the effect description after you drink a potion Tongue

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3166 on: December 22, 2013, 12:54:29 PM »

I realy like the tile script. would it be possible to add slowing tile materials like swamp or snow or slippery tiles like ice?

can we use an make mods in android version? still align for an android release for christmass?

Just added in a 'friction' property to the tile data to try that out, sliding around the map is actually pretty fun. I thought it would just be annoying. Ice caves anyone? Smiley

Default is 1, for normal friction. Going down to 0.1 would make something like ice, and going above 1 will make the player move slower through it for stuff like mud.

Also just fixed the last remaining bugs I had on my list for the Android version which were around triggers and doors, and performance seems to be where I want it to be now on my Nexus 7. Watch for an update in the next day or so.
Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: December 22, 2013, 12:58:03 PM »

Just added in a 'friction' property to the tile data to try that out, sliding around the map is actually pretty fun. I thought it would just be annoying. Ice caves anyone? Smiley

Randomly generated Graveyard of the Giants??
Yes please
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3168 on: December 23, 2013, 05:57:14 AM »

Also just fixed the last remaining bugs I had on my list for the Android version which were around triggers and doors, and performance seems to be where I want it to be now on my Nexus 7. Watch for an update in the next day or so.
You rock Mr Santa Chad!

I now own Delver, Eldritch, Tower of Guns and I must say I'm so pleased to be able to enjoy so much different but complementary fun experiences through the roguelike-like FPS sub-genre. I knew this sub-genre could bring great things, but wouldn't have bet on so much.

I hope the best for the evolution of these and also for the incoming Spire from Hitbox Team in 2014.
Boreal
Level 6

Reinventing the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: December 23, 2013, 02:03:11 PM »

I'm sure you've received complaints about this before, but I just bought the game on Steam after a while of not playing and the mouse look is, well, really bad.  I ramped up the sensitivity and it's still laggy and imprecise.

I'm running Linux, if it makes a difference.  Before, when I played on Windows, the mouse look worked just fine.

"In software, the only numbers of significance are 0, 1, and N." - Josh Barczak

magma - Reconstructed Mantle API
MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: December 24, 2013, 10:22:19 AM »

OMG an Android Delver update. OMG new icon.  Gentleman Coffee Thanks Interrupt.

Still no reverse landscape..

edit 2: Wow, this is like a completely new game!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 10:28:50 AM by MrDaaark » Logged

a6n0rma1
Level 0

I am rubber...you are glue...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3171 on: December 24, 2013, 11:06:10 AM »

What about us humble bundle buyers? The latest android version on the humble bundle android app is from 14-9-2013
Lord Belial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: December 24, 2013, 12:05:45 PM »

Big thanks for the android update! have a merry christmas!
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3173 on: December 24, 2013, 01:31:46 PM »

Game runs great with new additions on my HTC one X ! Next I'll test it with my Moga Pro. Big thanks to Chad and Joshua for their Christmas gift!
PlanetsFly
Level 0

Alpha Tester

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: December 25, 2013, 12:03:36 AM »

Delver is great! I've been playing it since June 30th 2012 and I must say it has improved but could you guys add a story? (Tasks and stuff) 
nokturnal
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: December 25, 2013, 08:02:59 AM »

I'm sure you've received complaints about this before, but I just bought the game on Steam after a while of not playing and the mouse look is, well, really bad.  I ramped up the sensitivity and it's still laggy and imprecise.

I'm running Linux, if it makes a difference.  Before, when I played on Windows, the mouse look worked just fine.

i have to cut my mouse dpi in half when playing delver (w7), its just waay to high sens otherwise..
imo what makes it feel kind imprecise is the fairly low fov.
a fov slider/ini option would be really nice.
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: December 25, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »

On my Much i5 (Android phone with hard gaming controls) the new control mapping is a bit hit-and-miss:
  • I can't map the analog sticks at all.
  • I can map movement and looking to the D-pad and face buttons and they work fine.
  • I can map attack and use to buttons just fine in the key configuration screen, but during play the buttons don't actually do anything.

...the mouse look is, well, really bad.  I ramped up the sensitivity and it's still laggy and imprecise...I'm running Linux, if it makes a difference.
On Linux for me mouse sensitivity is still way too low at max setting.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: December 26, 2013, 03:07:45 PM »

So one person says the mouse sensitivity is way too high, and the other one says it's way too low. And you are both running Linux. Are you sure it's the game?
I think one of us has to work on our reading comprehension.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
MrDaaark
Level 0

Hi

View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: December 27, 2013, 05:31:11 PM »

There really needs to be a look button!

I'm still having trouble reacting quick enough with the touch controls. Really hard even in the first rooms where I get killed easily because I don't have the same reaction time I'd have with WASD + Mouse look.

Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: December 29, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »

I started playing this again today after like a year or so; it's really amazing how far the game has progressed. I played a couple rounds just now, got to Caves 1. Took some notes as I was playing.

A keyboard shortcut for fullscreen toggle would be helpful. Preferably with a prompt on the title screen so you can't miss it. For some reason my mouse disappears when I play games in fullscreen, and I managed to accidentally turn it on as I was fiddling around in the options.

Why is the command for the front door to the dungeon "use?"

The way enemies shout when they notice your presence is really cool, but it also tends to give them away. Also sometimes it happens when they're behind walls.

Why are there crates if I can't smash them. It feels unnatural.

The level-up menu kinda tripped me out at first. I didn't realize that you had to pick a skill to increase before you could continue.

Some of these are a little nit-picky, but hey. Anyway, the game is looking fantastic.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic