Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:31:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 782961 times)
surt
Level 7

Meat by-product.

View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: June 16, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »

Now need crouch to shimmy through low gap into hidden treasure room.

Real life would be so much better with permadeath.
PJ Gallery - OGA Gallery - CC0 Scraps
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3381 on: June 16, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »

There might be hidden rooms now. No crouching needed.  Wink

AlphaPlus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: June 16, 2014, 01:11:15 PM »

Huzzah!

For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'.
Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3383 on: June 16, 2014, 05:51:35 PM »

how long till this stuff gets put into a build for us? cant wait!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3384 on: June 16, 2014, 06:32:51 PM »

Feels like christmas @_@

Pokepokemans5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: June 17, 2014, 01:08:13 AM »

how long till this stuff gets put into a build for us? cant wait!
According to the developer, a couple of days. :D

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3386 on: June 18, 2014, 11:22:27 AM »

The new update is out on the Beta branch of Delver on Steam for those that want to give it a quick test. If there aren't any big problems, it will go live for everyone later today.

This also includes the latest Editor, pressing 'P' in the editor will now start up preview mode, and drop you into a running game from where the camera was.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3387 on: June 18, 2014, 12:31:51 PM »

The new update is out on the Beta branch of Delver on Steam for those that want to give it a quick test. If there aren't any big problems, it will go live for everyone later today.

This also includes the latest Editor, pressing 'P' in the editor will now start up preview mode, and drop you into a running game from where the camera was.
I had some problems, but verifying integrity of game cache seem to have solved them.
All levels had the default textures applied to them, and the game was using around 90% cpu even at the lowest quality and a small window.

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3388 on: June 18, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »

This error happened when trying to run my mod after the update:

Code:
DelverLevelChangeScreen: Exception: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.AmbientSound cannot be cast to com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.Light

I had changed info.dat to add ambient sound to torches, so you can hear the fire burning when you go near them.

The last line:
Code:
spawnLights: [ 
{
class: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.Torch,
texAnimStart: 36,
texAnimEnd: 37,
lightColor: { r: 1.0, g: 0.6, b: 0.15, a: 1.0 },
emitter: {class:com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.ParticleEmitter,z:0.4,particleVelocity:{z:0.02},particleRandomSpawnInterval:20.0,particleSpawnCount:1,particleSpread:{x:0.1,y:0.1,z:0.0},particleStartScale:1.0,particleEndScale:0.0,particleRandomVelocity:{x:0.005,y:0.005,z:0.015},particlesFullbrite:true,particleLifetime:5.0,particleRandomLifetime:15.0,particleSpawnInterval:40.0,particleColor:{a:1.0,b:0.04,g:0.5,r:1.0},particlesCollide:false,particlesFloat:true,spawnDistance:12.0}
},
{ class: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.AmbientSound, radius: 3, volume: 0.325, soundFile: "/ambient/env_torch.ogg", id: "" }
],

Removing this line solves the problem (but no more fire sound i_i)
Also, I noticed that you're using .mp3 sounds, and .bin files for maps. Would that affect mods in any way?

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3389 on: June 18, 2014, 08:55:41 PM »

This error happened when trying to run my mod after the update:

Code:
DelverLevelChangeScreen: Exception: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.AmbientSound cannot be cast to com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.Light

I had changed info.dat to add ambient sound to torches, so you can hear the fire burning when you go near them.

The last line:
Code:
spawnLights: [ 
{
class: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.Torch,
texAnimStart: 36,
texAnimEnd: 37,
lightColor: { r: 1.0, g: 0.6, b: 0.15, a: 1.0 },
emitter: {class:com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.ParticleEmitter,z:0.4,particleVelocity:{z:0.02},particleRandomSpawnInterval:20.0,particleSpawnCount:1,particleSpread:{x:0.1,y:0.1,z:0.0},particleStartScale:1.0,particleEndScale:0.0,particleRandomVelocity:{x:0.005,y:0.005,z:0.015},particlesFullbrite:true,particleLifetime:5.0,particleRandomLifetime:15.0,particleSpawnInterval:40.0,particleColor:{a:1.0,b:0.04,g:0.5,r:1.0},particlesCollide:false,particlesFloat:true,spawnDistance:12.0}
},
{ class: com.interrupt.dungeoneer.entities.AmbientSound, radius: 3, volume: 0.325, soundFile: "/ambient/env_torch.ogg", id: "" }
],

Removing this line solves the problem (but no more fire sound i_i)
Also, I noticed that you're using .mp3 sounds, and .bin files for maps. Would that affect mods in any way?

The spawnLights list assumes that you give it a light, although it could be switched back to accept any entity type.

I switched all the sounds to be .mp3 just for the space savings, and because they play nicer with mobile devices. You should be able to play either .ogg or .mp3 files just fine. If anything modders may just need to update any sound references to point at the .mp3 versions now if they were existing sounds.

The .bin files for levels are in the new packed binary format that are way faster to load / save. You can still save and load .dat levels, but it won't be any faster than before. If you save a level for the editor with .bin as the extension, it will save it in the new format.

Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3390 on: June 19, 2014, 04:10:53 AM »

HOLY COW!!!  Tears of Joy

The cave levels overhaul is awesomely tremendous, or tremendously awesome, can't decide  Kiss

Really impressive labyrinths full of niches and secret passages, lifts add more to the layout than I expected, scattered notes greatly enhance atmosphere. Even the new rooms in the first levels are nifty. Can't wait to see the improvements in further levels...

Congratulations and thank you very much Chad & Joshua!

Insert mandatory next Android build release date question here Smiley
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:20:16 AM by Skizomeuh » Logged
Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3391 on: June 19, 2014, 09:42:55 PM »

just saying, ive never died in delver before the second to last floor.

i died on floor one.

ramping up the difficulty much?

jeez.

other than that, the improvements are TREMENDOUS. i adore the new update and what it has to offer.

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Skizomeuh
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3392 on: June 19, 2014, 11:46:14 PM »

i died on floor one.
Me too  Embarrassed
Wizards are deadly and good at hide & seek  Evil
Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3393 on: June 20, 2014, 01:38:11 PM »

Wizards are deadly and good at hide & seek  Evil

try getting ganged up on by 5 or 6 of them DX

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3394 on: June 20, 2014, 01:39:31 PM »

so interrupt, is the new build out on humble bundle and stuff yet?

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

Reise92
« Reply #3395 on: June 21, 2014, 10:54:08 AM »

so interrupt, is the new build out on humble bundle and stuff yet?
You may require some patience, as people are having trouble with the latest stable build and getting stuck in specific areas of the caves.
7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3396 on: June 22, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »

Having some problems with triggers and movers in general...
Here's the assets folder for my mod, some maps in there have examples of the problems I'm having.

For all of these, it runs fine when I test it in the editor, but they bug out in game.

In Pyramid\Corners\8_2.bin there's a lever that disappears
In Pyramid\Halls\14.bin, and 14_1.bin, one side of moving blocks was supposed to trigger the other side of blocks
In Pyramid\Beginnings\10.bin and 9.bin, the trap doesn't trigger the teleport. No custom placed trap movers work at all

It also seems like sometimes the game won't properly apply the "wallPainter" properties on some walls... seems to happen at random to walls on the outskirts of any given tile (and I don't mean just walls placed on the last block or on the very edge of the entire map). One time I tested my mod and none of the "painters" were working at all.

This only started happening after the last update

Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3397 on: June 22, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »

@7Soul
I took a look at the file you provided, very cool stuff! From what I can tell, everything looks like it is set up correctly. Chad might be able to offer some more insight.

7Soul
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3398 on: June 23, 2014, 05:08:57 PM »

One other thing, I was messing around with movers and I made a long platform and set it to rotate. I noticed that the actual collision box doesn't rotate, just the mesh. Is this a bug? I remember you mentioning a problem with rotating collision boxes before

Edit: another problem with moving platforms and collision boxes

An object with a bigger collision box will cause the player to be moved more than expected. For example, a platform with a collision box of {x:0.5,y:0.5,z:0.25} works fine, but {x:1.0,y:1.0,z:0.25} will cause the player to be moved twice as much.
Here's a gif of it happening: http://puu.sh/9HvmM/f033f43559.gif
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 06:57:29 PM by 7Soul » Logged

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3399 on: June 23, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

Having some problems with triggers and movers in general...
Here's the assets folder for my mod, some maps in there have examples of the problems I'm having.

For all of these, it runs fine when I test it in the editor, but they bug out in game.

In Pyramid\Corners\8_2.bin there's a lever that disappears
In Pyramid\Halls\14.bin, and 14_1.bin, one side of moving blocks was supposed to trigger the other side of blocks
In Pyramid\Beginnings\10.bin and 9.bin, the trap doesn't trigger the teleport. No custom placed trap movers work at all

It also seems like sometimes the game won't properly apply the "wallPainter" properties on some walls... seems to happen at random to walls on the outskirts of any given tile (and I don't mean just walls placed on the last block or on the very edge of the entire map). One time I tested my mod and none of the "painters" were working at all.

This only started happening after the last update

Very cool!

Found one issue so far, a movers 'triggers when done' or 'triggers at start' links weren't wiring up properly for generator placed chunks. I'm not sure what was up with that lever, but it started appearing properly when I deleted that one and added a new one.

I'll look into that painter issue, it sounds like it happens when a tile is null.

Oh, and maybe it's just me - but I think your levels would look better if the fog started back a bit further. Vanity shot from when I was messing around with that:

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:45:59 AM by Interrupt » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 179
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic